More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 18, 15:37:43

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  how to activate awesomes story driver while having nraas story progression
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: how to activate awesomes story driver while having nraas story progression  (Read 3745 times)
ANoob
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
how to activate awesomes story driver while having nraas story progression
« on: 2022 December 04, 16:12:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I want to enable awesomemods story driver while still having installed nraas story progression(disabled on the world I want to have awesomes story driver), I am wondering if I can enable it without removing the other one so I can switch between worlds(with different story drivers).
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: how to activate awesomes story driver while having nraas story progression
« Reply #1 on: 2022 December 05, 01:23:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have not currently implemented any method of doing this, because I wasn't aware that NRAAS story progression was "world specific". Since it makes no sense to have two story progression drivers running and fighting each other, I simply reasoned that if you installed NRAAS, you clearly wanted that one.

What do you even mean by this, anyway? You mean you have different saves in different worlds?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2022 December 05, 02:13:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I ran NRAAS core mod along with AWESOMEMOD ever since the NRAAS mode came out. I can't find it in my notes but I'm pretty sure I just turned NRAAS story progression off.
Game itself: Story progression on
NRAAS: Story progression off
Awesomemod: >showconfig< at the cmd prompt and check.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
ANoob
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2022 December 05, 07:19:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I ran NRAAS core mod along with AWESOMEMOD ever since the NRAAS mode came out. I can't find it in my notes but I'm pretty sure I just turned NRAAS story progression off.

yeah I turned nraas story progression off but still couldn't enable awesomes by doing setconfig.
« Last Edit: 2022 December 05, 07:27:19 by ANoob » Logged
ANoob
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2022 December 05, 07:24:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have not currently implemented any method of doing this, because I wasn't aware that NRAAS story progression was "world specific". Since it makes no sense to have two story progression drivers running and fighting each other, I simply reasoned that if you installed NRAAS, you clearly wanted that one.

What do you even mean by this, anyway? You mean you have different saves in different worlds?

I mean in different sim world you can choose to either enable nraas story progression or not(there's different config for every world), but if I choose to disable it I still can't enable awesomes.

I know I can just remove nraas story progression but then when I switch to another world where I play with it, I would need to add it back and relaunch again.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2022 December 06, 01:26:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yeah I turned nraas story progression off but still couldn't enable awesomes by doing setconfig.

You don't have to enable anything to run with Awesome mod, if the game story mod is on, Awesomemod just takes over.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2022 December 06, 02:23:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yeah I turned nraas story progression off
I'm not sure how you "turn it off". But if you have it installed, AwesomeMod is able to detect that you have it installed and will cede control of story progression over to it.

I know I can just remove nraas story progression but then when I switch to another world where I play with it, I would need to add it back and relaunch again.
Now when you say "another world", you mean that you are turning it on and off on a per-save-file basis? What does this look like? Because searching for this behavior in someone else's code when I've never experienced this code in an ildasm output is needle-in-haystack shit.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ANoob
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2022 December 06, 05:58:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yeah I turned nraas story progression off
I'm not sure how you "turn it off". But if you have it installed, AwesomeMod is able to detect that you have it installed and will cede control of story progression over to it.

Now when you say "another world", you mean that you are turning it on and off on a per-save-file basis? What does this look like? Because searching for this behavior in someone else's code when I've never experienced this code in an ildasm output is needle-in-haystack shit.

Yeah it's per save-file, here is a image of the option to disable nraas story progression in the general settings of story progression.
https://ibb.co/M5nmWsH
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2022 December 06, 07:56:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Your image hosting service has died, I'm getting no connection to it. Can't view.

ANoob
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2022 December 06, 16:15:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Your image hosting service has died, I'm getting no connection to it. Can't view.

For me it still works, here is another hosting service: https://imgur.com/M3X1ZAE
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2022 December 06, 23:24:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Perscado: There's an option in NRAAS to Use Story Progression Yes/No.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2022 December 07, 00:12:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, so I dug into the code and found out how to probe it for whether or not the story progression engine is turned on...I think.

Obviously, I have no way to test this, as I don't actually have the mod installed, so either you're going to have to come to #grah, or operate on a very slow testing cycle where there's no fast way to get you test builds and get any reports back.

ANoob
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2022 December 07, 06:33:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, so I dug into the code and found out how to probe it for whether or not the story progression engine is turned on...I think.

Obviously, I have no way to test this, as I don't actually have the mod installed, so either you're going to have to come to #grah, or operate on a very slow testing cycle where there's no fast way to get you test builds and get any reports back.

Can't you install the mod yourself to test?, also I'm new here so not sure what #grah is unless it's a discord channel?
« Last Edit: 2022 December 07, 08:01:01 by ANoob » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2022 December 09, 06:36:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can't you install the mod yourself to test?
Not without a far more thorough code audit than I have time to perform. I don't install other peoples' stuff.

also I'm new here so not sure what #grah is unless it's a discord channel?

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2022 December 09, 18:33:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I may have time to test it for Pescado in a day or two.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: