More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 13:50:38

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Is awesomemod compatible with steam 1.67?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Is awesomemod compatible with steam 1.67?  (Read 1684 times)
Ubercuber
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Is awesomemod compatible with steam 1.67?
« on: 2022 July 22, 21:14:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hello, its me again!  Wink

This is something I never really realized until I stumbled upon a post from a few years ago which mentioned that the mod wasnt technically compatible with steam 1.67. Since I play using steam this kinda interested me. I've been using the mod and it seems like the mod works (I can use commands like "backtowork" and options I put in the manual config seem to take effect such as the fulfill wishes without locking etc) I mean I've been here asking questions for a while now which I wouldnt do if the mod didnt have some effect. I was just wondering perhaps there is a mismatch and it is causing issues that I dont realize. The posts that I found werent 100% clear some said it wasn't compatible and some said there is technically a mismatch but since disc, steam, origin work similarly and any warning can be avoided.

What is the truth?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Is awesomemod compatible with steam 1.67?
« Reply #1 on: 2022 July 25, 12:55:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In theory, there was nothing actually changed in the Steam version, so yes. However, I obviously do not have the Steam version to test it with.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Ubercuber
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: Is awesomemod compatible with steam 1.67?
« Reply #2 on: 2022 July 26, 08:31:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In theory, there was nothing actually changed in the Steam version, so yes. However, I obviously do not have the Steam version to test it with.

Thanks for your response. I just found this while searching around (on the nraas forums this time), does it seem plausible?

"There are no game related issues caused by the core version mismatch provided you are actually on 1.66, 1.67, or 1.69 and using a Core Mod designed for any of these. It doesn't matter whether you are running 1.67 (Origin/disc), 1.67 (Steam), or 1.69, the game files are exactly the same except for the final build number which is what the mismatch error is reporting on.

The Feb 2017 update to Awesome was indeed for 1.69 compatibility, all it does is get rid of the core version mismatch error for those on that patch. I don't think the same was ever done for the Steam version.

As long as you are certain that you are not really running a Core Mod designed for an earlier than 1.66 patch level (so that's 1.63 and prior), it is safe to dismiss the version mismatch warning and play on. The tricky part is that when the game minimizes to the task bar instead of displaying the error, some players find that they have no way to bring it back up again and dismiss the warning so the mod becomes unusable for them."

The post was from 2017 so not sure how valid it is (if it is)
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: