More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 23:36:51

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Make sacred/track radar not working all of a sudden
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Make sacred/track radar not working all of a sudden  (Read 4666 times)
Ubercuber
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Make sacred/track radar not working all of a sudden
« on: 2022 January 17, 20:15:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hello again. This relates to the previous post but wasn't sure if it was gonna notify in the comments. Ive previously used track on radar option before just to try it out and it worked fine. I'm playing on another save now and the options appear and the mod works, but neither track on radar nor make sacred works. Clicking on them results in nothing happening and they still have the same options on them while clicking as if nothing has happened.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
Re: Make sacred/track radar not working all of a sudden
« Reply #1 on: 2022 January 18, 03:38:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I see every new post, I don't know if I see modifications to a post. I will download the new AM and check whether it has disabled my Sacred.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2022 January 18, 04:00:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's an action with very little in the way of any prerequisites, so if it fails to take effect when clicked, and the turn on/off option change, something is interfering with the game's very basic command pathways. Do OTHER actions do anything?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2022 January 18, 05:52:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have tested the new Awesomemod with my game and Sacred works as normal. Did you reset all your options in the game and then restart before loading a game?

Ubercuber
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2022 January 18, 11:42:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's an action with very little in the way of any prerequisites, so if it fails to take effect when clicked, and the turn on/off option change, something is interfering with the game's very basic command pathways. Do OTHER actions do anything?

Yes all other commands work as far as I am aware except (I tried them in command format as well) "bless" /make sacred or "radar" / track on radar. I did the listchosen command and it shows up an empty list so that kinda confirms that it's not taking effect for me.

I have tried before in another save to see what it was and then I could I use the track on radar (never tried the make sacred but I assume theyre some how connected since neither of them work now).

I don't tend to use many mods: Awesomemod, Nraas. Bug fixes mod, default replacements and xml tuning files to make the game harder. But I've been using the same mods for the most part I'm pretty sure. Or at least dashboard doesnt say that anything is conflicting.
Ubercuber
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2022 January 18, 11:45:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have tested the new Awesomemod with my game and Sacred works as normal. Did you reset all your options in the game and then restart before loading a game?

Sorry, what do you mean by reset all options? I don't think I saw something like that before.
Milhouse Trixibelle Saltfucker III
Saltfucking Weasel
Terrible Twerp

How is a weasel like a writing desk?

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2022 January 18, 13:23:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can you add traits to the sims using the command?

Can you add those specific traits to sims using the command?

04:49 <@Pescado> That seems somehow unnecessarily cruel.

21:17 < Kewian> Trixie one day you are going to pay for your crimes.

Your source for blood and circuses.
Ubercuber
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2022 January 18, 17:13:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can you add traits to the sims using the command?

Can you add those specific traits to sims using the command?

I'll give that a try! What is the name of the trait for sacred and the trait for radar? I assume that also that means it will only track and/or protect that sim and not the whole household.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2022 January 19, 03:16:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

UberCuber: my game resets itself to default options when I swap out an AM. I have to go into game options and set everything the way I want it.

ETA: Try clearing all leftover caches from previous games. I made a batch file.

del "C:\Users\witch\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\CASPartCache.package"
del "C:\Users\witch\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\compositorCache.package"
del "C:\Users\witch\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\scriptCache.package"
del "C:\Users\witch\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\simCompositorCache.package"
del "C:\Users\witch\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\socialCache.package"
del "C:\Users\witch\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\DCCache\missingdeps.idx"
del "C:\Users\witch\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\DCCache\dcc.ent"
del "C:\Users\witch\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads\*.bin"
del "C:\Users\witch\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\SigsCache\*.bin"
del "C:\Users\witch\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\SavedSims\Downloadedsims.index"
del "C:\Users\witch\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\IGACache\*.*" /q
del "C:\Users\witch\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Thumbnails\*.package"
del "C:\Users\witch\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\FeaturedItems\thumb_*.png"
del "C:\Users\witch\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\WorldCaches\*.*" /q
exit

ETA2: Make sure you are using AM's story mode drivers. Check your AM config file. You may have to turn off NRAAS storydriver in its own interface. There's also a way to turn off the command line feature if you don't use it, so check that it's on. (Testing cheats enabled true?). There is a setting in NRAAS that by default disables the command line.

STORY MODE FEATURES:
1.  Awesome Story Driver [Optional - Default: Enabled]
     Enables the experimental AwesomeMod Story Driver, replacing the EA driver.
2.  God's Chosen People
     Control-Clicking a sim/house will offer the option to "Make Sacred" or
     "Remove Sacred", giving that household or sim immunity to StoryProgression
     and other assorted random toadings. The Chosen receive a gold halo on
     their house and on their tracking tags when tracked on radar. You may
     switch instantly between the Chosen household with CRTL-RClick. This
     feature will only function if you are using the EA-based or Awesome Story
     drivers. Other third-party drivers do not use this.

ETA3: Blessed is the only other word that Sacred ever used, to my knowledge.
« Last Edit: 2022 January 19, 04:30:08 by witch » Logged

Ubercuber
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2022 January 21, 10:14:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

UberCuber: my game resets itself to default options when I swap out an AM. I have to go into game options and set everything the way I want it.

ETA: Try clearing all leftover caches from previous games. I made a batch file.

del "C:\Users\witch\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\CASPartCache.package"
del "C:\Users\witch\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\compositorCache.package"
del "C:\Users\witch\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\scriptCache.package"
del "C:\Users\witch\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\simCompositorCache.package"
del "C:\Users\witch\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\socialCache.package"
del "C:\Users\witch\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\DCCache\missingdeps.idx"
del "C:\Users\witch\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\DCCache\dcc.ent"
del "C:\Users\witch\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads\*.bin"
del "C:\Users\witch\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\SigsCache\*.bin"
del "C:\Users\witch\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\SavedSims\Downloadedsims.index"
del "C:\Users\witch\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\IGACache\*.*" /q
del "C:\Users\witch\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Thumbnails\*.package"
del "C:\Users\witch\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\FeaturedItems\thumb_*.png"
del "C:\Users\witch\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\WorldCaches\*.*" /q
exit

ETA2: Make sure you are using AM's story mode drivers. Check your AM config file. You may have to turn off NRAAS storydriver in its own interface. There's also a way to turn off the command line feature if you don't use it, so check that it's on. (Testing cheats enabled true?). There is a setting in NRAAS that by default disables the command line.

STORY MODE FEATURES:
1.  Awesome Story Driver [Optional - Default: Enabled]
     Enables the experimental AwesomeMod Story Driver, replacing the EA driver.
2.  God's Chosen People
     Control-Clicking a sim/house will offer the option to "Make Sacred" or
     "Remove Sacred", giving that household or sim immunity to StoryProgression
     and other assorted random toadings. The Chosen receive a gold halo on
     their house and on their tracking tags when tracked on radar. You may
     switch instantly between the Chosen household with CRTL-RClick. This
     feature will only function if you are using the EA-based or Awesome Story
     drivers. Other third-party drivers do not use this.

ETA3: Blessed is the only other word that Sacred ever used, to my knowledge.

1. I do use a save cleaner so I tend to clean out those files fairly often

2. I don't use nraas story progression, and I am pretty sure that its awesomemod story driver active since I get the tracking things in mapview which says things like "doing: skill class" etc of random sims being pushed by the story driver.

3. I guess this is in relation to the trait? That the trait of sacred sims would be called "blessed". I'll try addtrait "blessed" today when I get back and see if that works.

Thanks
Saltfucking Weasel
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2022 January 22, 15:48:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll give that a try! What is the name of the trait for sacred and the trait for radar? I assume that also that means it will only track and/or protect that sim and not the whole household.
The trait for sacred is 'sacred'. It looks like the trait for radar is 'radar', but I didn't confirm that in game or by looking in the package. The command actually just applies the trait, so it's exactly the same - doing it for the whole household just means applying the trait to everyone in the household. Well, I guess it's possible it could be doing something extra I don't know about - ask Pescado.

For the record, witch's advice here is completely unrelated to anything that could reasonably be the problem. Tongue

Ubercuber
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2022 January 22, 16:10:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The trait for sacred is 'sacred'. It looks like the trait for radar is 'radar', but I didn't confirm that in game or by looking in the package. The command actually just applies the trait, so it's exactly the same - doing it for the whole household just means applying the trait to everyone in the household. Well, I guess it's possible it could be doing something extra I don't know about - ask Pescado.

For the record, witch's advice here is completely unrelated to anything that could reasonably be the problem. Tongue

Yeah, of course, I'm just happy that anyone is trying to help me with any means possible. Thanks for that.

Hmm, I tried the addtrait. I tried 'sacred' 'radar' 'bless' 'blessed'. It came up as a non-existant trait. Maybe there is my issue somehow.
Saltfucking Weasel
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2022 January 22, 17:10:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm, I tried the addtrait. I tried 'sacred' 'radar' 'bless' 'blessed'. It came up as a non-existant trait. Maybe there is my issue somehow.
Can you add, uh... "incontinent", "pedobait", "narcolepsy", or "tealdeer"? If none of those work (disclaimer: I'm not sure whether any of them might have been removed, because some of the traits were never fully implemented, although I think those all were) then you probably don't have any of the Awesomemod traits, and you should check your config first and then check for possible trait list conflicts.
I actually think there's a command you can use to list traits, but I'm not sure what it is. Try "traitinfo"? That might just be for info on specific traits though. (You should still use it to test out specific traits to see if that might give more useful information.)
If one or more of those DO work, then you have at least some Awesomemod traits, but you might be missing the Administrative traits (which is what sacred and radar are) in particular. I've asked Pescado if there are any others that you can try to confirm; I'll let you know.

Just to be totally sure, try using addtrait on a basegame trait you know exists, too, to make sure it isn't trait-adding that's broken somehow.

(And, to be clear, it's definitely "sacred" and not "blessed", that one I have seen in the game specifically.)
« Last Edit: 2022 January 22, 17:17:33 by Milhouse Trixibelle Saltfucker III » Logged

Ubercuber
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2022 January 22, 19:04:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can you add, uh... "incontinent", "pedobait", "narcolepsy", or "tealdeer"? If none of those work (disclaimer: I'm not sure whether any of them might have been removed, because some of the traits were never fully implemented, although I think those all were) then you probably don't have any of the Awesomemod traits, and you should check your config first and then check for possible trait list conflicts.
I actually think there's a command you can use to list traits, but I'm not sure what it is. Try "traitinfo"? That might just be for info on specific traits though. (You should still use it to test out specific traits to see if that might give more useful information.)
If one or more of those DO work, then you have at least some Awesomemod traits, but you might be missing the Administrative traits (which is what sacred and radar are) in particular. I've asked Pescado if there are any others that you can try to confirm; I'll let you know.

Just to be totally sure, try using addtrait on a basegame trait you know exists, too, to make sure it isn't trait-adding that's broken somehow.

(And, to be clear, it's definitely "sacred" and not "blessed", that one I have seen in the game specifically.)

I'll give it a try thank you very much!

Just a question btw if you happen to know. When I typ showconfig an option appear that you can't alter in the configuration file from the awesomemod website. Namely "no free boat". You cant change it yourself in the config file from here, but I'd like to have it permnanently as false (if I understood what it means correctly) cause I do have issues with random townies trying to path through waters but it kinda fudges up most of the time.
Saltfucking Weasel
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2022 January 22, 20:48:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just a question btw if you happen to know. When I typ showconfig an option appear that you can't alter in the configuration file from the awesomemod website. Namely "no free boat". You cant change it yourself in the config file from here, but I'd like to have it permnanently as false (if I understood what it means correctly) cause I do have issues with random townies trying to path through waters but it kinda fudges up most of the time.
It may simply be unimplemented/unfinished and I've asked about it already, so I'll let you know if I hear back, but, in principle, you should be able to add the option to the internal XML file in aweconf.package, if you know how to do that.

Update: Pescado says that it is implemented, and that what it does is stops free boats from spawning in sim inventories so they have to pay for them properly. He doesn't seem to recall why it's not in the config tool.

Update update:
17:40 <@Pescado> Okay, there, I fixed it.
17:40 <@Pescado> The server didn't have the latest aweconf file so the page script wasn't
                 listing it.
17:41 <@Pescado> The config option made it so sims don't get free boats outside of the
                 Boat World.
17:41 <@Pescado> Default game, apparently, gave every sim, everywhere, regardless, a free
                 boat that they didn't need.
17:42 <@Pescado> AwesomeMod changes that so they only receive the boat in the boat
                 Neighborhood, because that's the boat world.
« Last Edit: 2022 January 22, 22:43:51 by Milhouse Trixibelle Saltfucker III » Logged

Ubercuber
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2022 January 23, 01:09:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It may simply be unimplemented/unfinished and I've asked about it already, so I'll let you know if I hear back, but, in principle, you should be able to add the option to the internal XML file in aweconf.package, if you know how to do that.

Update: Pescado says that it is implemented, and that what it does is stops free boats from spawning in sim inventories so they have to pay for them properly. He doesn't seem to recall why it's not in the config tool.

Update update:
17:40 <@Pescado> Okay, there, I fixed it.
17:40 <@Pescado> The server didn't have the latest aweconf file so the page script wasn't
                 listing it.
17:41 <@Pescado> The config option made it so sims don't get free boats outside of the
                 Boat World.
17:41 <@Pescado> Default game, apparently, gave every sim, everywhere, regardless, a free
                 boat that they didn't need.
17:42 <@Pescado> AwesomeMod changes that so they only receive the boat in the boat
                 Neighborhood, because that's the boat world.

Oh wow. Bless you kind stranger! Perfect I'll have a look! Boat neighborhood I assume means isla paralagso? But from what I take it doesn't prevent sims from randomly spawning boats to path over water.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2022 January 23, 05:08:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry if I've been leading you down the wrong path, I've just been trying things I usually try when my game breaks.

"To verify that your trait loaded successfully, use the "traitinfo" console command to see if data could be brought up." - from 'creating custom traits'.

Are you 100% sure that story progression is turned off in NRAAS?

Are you testing in a brand new world?

I also run the patch for after version 1.67, for the game before Origin, just in case any files have become corrupt. If you play through STEAM, don't do that, I don't know what version 1.69 does.

Saltfucking Weasel
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2022 January 23, 06:40:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh wow. Bless you kind stranger! Perfect I'll have a look! Boat neighborhood I assume means isla paralagso? But from what I take it doesn't prevent sims from randomly spawning boats to path over water.
I'm not a stranger, I'm tsen. Well, Pescado changed my username, but still. I'm not a stranger, I've been here for like 13 years! Anyway, I'm not clear on what effect it has on that - do they need to HAVE boats to spawn boats that way? If so, not having boats would prevent this (if you take away their boats). But if not, no, it probably has no effect.

Sorry if I've been leading you down the wrong path, I've just been trying things I usually try when my game breaks.

"To verify that your trait loaded successfully, use the "traitinfo" console command to see if data could be brought up." - from 'creating custom traits'.
For the record, I was using that exact document as a source since I have it from you in your TS3 director's cut. Tongue

I also run the patch for after version 1.67, for the game before Origin, just in case any files have become corrupt. If you play through STEAM, don't do that, I don't know what version 1.69 does.
PROBABLY none of those things should matter, excepting possibly the last one: If you have the steam version, definitely don't use the steam version, since it may or may not change something awesomemod needs, like potentially how traits are defined or something like that.

Sita
Titlights
Retarded Reprobate

I YAM what I YAM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: 2022 January 24, 12:41:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The trait you need is "chosen" not "blessed". I can add this to individual Sims by using the "addtrait" ability of NRAAS. That works. I cannot do it in the Neighbourhood screen, but in the Lot, select the Sim. As long as one Sim is "chosen" in a household the Lot is then marked as sacred.

Saltfucking Weasel
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2022 January 25, 05:11:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After checking the package contents and double-checking in game, I can absolutely confirm that the full trait names are actually ChosenSacred and RadarTagged. I apologize for my earlier incomplete information which was based on something Pescado actually said, but I guess he was being terse in describing the names.

Ubercuber
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2022 April 10, 16:19:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not a stranger, I'm tsen. Well, Pescado changed my username, but still. I'm not a stranger, I've been here for like 13 years! Anyway, I'm not clear on what effect it has on that - do they need to HAVE boats to spawn boats that way? If so, not having boats would prevent this (if you take away their boats). But if not, no, it probably has no effect.

For the record, I was using that exact document as a source since I have it from you in your TS3 director's cut. Tongue

Thanks for your help! Ive been MIA for a bit due to not having access to my computer for the game. I still kinda confused regarding the whole boat thing tbh I guess it dont really matter and I should try to start a world in order to experiment. Like does it refer to the boat taxis or like npc using randomly generated boats to path, cause I honestly dont remember getting free boats.

I'm new to this forum unfortunately so I assume Im the stranger and that means everyone else is a stranger to me Tongue But I appreciate that there are friendly souls helping out other people here. I managed to figure out my issue thankfully though with the chosen thing. I was being stupid at the end of the day, you need to remove the trait cap apparently which I didn't realize.

PROBABLY none of those things should matter, excepting possibly the last one: If you have the steam version, definitely don't use the steam version, since it may or may not change something awesomemod needs, like potentially how traits are defined or something like that.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: