More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 13:50:10

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  2 questions regarding the AwesomeMod
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: 2 questions regarding the AwesomeMod  (Read 3101 times)
Ubercuber
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
2 questions regarding the AwesomeMod
« on: 2021 December 15, 14:19:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi, thanks for the mod, it's really amazing!

1. I've noticed my simfests being empty. Could that be caused by awesomemod story progression not creating performers? (I also have NRAAS register so could be related to that, or both, but figured I would ask about that first)

2. I disabled pedophilia so adults / teens cant interact romantically. However it blocks all options EXCEPT take romantic selfie which will cause game to crash if used (as intended). Will this option be blocked in some further update?
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
Re: 2 questions regarding the AwesomeMod
« Reply #1 on: 2021 December 16, 03:00:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I run both Awesome mod and NRAAS. I have paedophilia disabled also. My simfests work with performers and my adult sims can romantic all they want. One of the issues is making sure the Awesome mod kicks in before NRAAS. I have AM up a level from NRAAS in the directory structure. In NRAAS settings I have story progression turned off. In the main EA game you must have story progression turned on so AM can use it. If that still doesn't help I can export my NRAAS settings to you.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2021 December 16, 09:51:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

1. I've noticed my simfests being empty. Could that be caused by awesomemod story progression not creating performers? (I also have NRAAS register so could be related to that, or both, but figured I would ask about that first)
Story progression is not responsible for creating performers, that's normal NPCgen, which is not prevented. However, any number of obstacles coudl have prevented them from arriving.

2. I disabled pedophilia so adults / teens cant interact romantically. However it blocks all options EXCEPT take romantic selfie which will cause game to crash if used (as intended). Will this option be blocked in some further update?
Err...I'm not familiar with this interaction. Can you explain what it is, what it does, and how you triggered it?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Ubercuber
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2021 December 16, 09:55:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I run both Awesome mod and NRAAS. I have paedophilia disabled also. My simfests work with performers and my adult sims can romantic all they want. One of the issues is making sure the Awesome mod kicks in before NRAAS. I have AM up a level from NRAAS in the directory structure. In NRAAS settings I have story progression turned off. In the main EA game you must have story progression turned on so AM can use it. If that still doesn't help I can export my NRAAS settings to you.

Thanks for your answer!

Regarding the romance thing, what I meant was that the mod blocks all interactions between adult and teen (which I want since using a romantic interaction with pedophilia off causes the game to crash). However there's an interaction called "Take romantic selfie" which the mod forgets to block and since its still coded romantically, the game crashes, I learnt that the hardway when I just thought it was a selfie at first which I wanted my teen couple (where one had become a young adult a day before) to take a selfie while they wait until the other grows up.

Perfect! I guess that means that it might be the NRAAS Register that is spooking with my simfests then, since from googling they've had problems with that in the past but didnt know if that had been fixed in the 6 amount of years since the last post about it. If you have NRAAS Register could you tell me what settings you use for that one?
Ubercuber
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2021 December 16, 15:20:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Story progression is not responsible for creating performers, that's normal NPCgen, which is not prevented. However, any number of obstacles coudl have prevented them from arriving.

Err...I'm not familiar with this interaction. Can you explain what it is, what it does, and how you triggered it?

Like I had these two teen sims, one grew up so everything got blocked like kiss etc (which is intended since it would crash otherwise) but there was an interaction available from University life I believe cause it has that social thing next to it, its not blocked but its coded as romantic I believe cause it crashed the game when I tried to use it during the other guys birthday party hehe between the couple. hehe.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2021 December 18, 23:30:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, I attempted a fix for this particular weird case, see if it helps.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2021 December 19, 00:05:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've uploaded my Awesome mod config, and my NRAAS settings. I only have MEGA as online storage so don't worry that it's all encrypting and decrypting in the link. (Which is partly why I don't use google or MS as cloud space).

https://mega.nz/folder/otYmGZpB#IG0vamn1P4SW5lCCLqBlsQ

I still use the original set up for my mods, before they were all moved to 'MyDocs', so when I export NRAAS settings it doesn't drop a copy in MyDocs. I have to export the settings as a *.sims3pack, then install in a new game like any *.sims3pack. Then put the library file on a lot, just as if you were installing a building. It takes a wee while but it works.

There is a setting in NRAAS somewhere (!) that makes 'ask if single' and another similar option non-romantic so sims can ask those without triggering a romantic response. Don't know if that could be connected. Lastly, make sure you have the latest NRAAS mods.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Ubercuber
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2021 December 19, 21:38:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, I attempted a fix for this particular weird case, see if it helps.

perfect thanks so much!

Sorry if I sounds super stupid now, but the resource.cfg that you put in your sims 3 folder in documents, can I just copy the line "DirectoryFiles  Mods/Files/... autoupdate!" and put it into the resource.cfg file that I have inside the mod folder? or is it crucial that there is a resource.cfg in the direct sims 3 folder? cause now I got two different resource.cfg that has the "PackedFile Mods/Packages/*.package" line, just wanna avoid any possibilities of conflict between the resource.cfgs since the other one is more developed
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2021 December 20, 06:00:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There shouldn't be any problems with appending to it, far as I know, although I don't know what "autoupdate!" is.

Ubercuber
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2021 December 20, 12:42:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There shouldn't be any problems with appending to it, far as I know, although I don't know what "autoupdate!" is.

It was inside the framework. Thanks for your help. Pray for me that I don't screw anything up.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: