More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2021 September 28, 02:03:27

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540128 Posts in 18049 Topics by 8029 Members
Latest Member: mccorkled
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  does theo's delete sim plug-in for simpe fully work, could it cause corruption?
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: does theo's delete sim plug-in for simpe fully work, could it cause corruption?  (Read 717 times)
zeldalinkmain
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
does theo's delete sim plug-in for simpe fully work, could it cause corruption?
« on: 2021 July 28, 11:29:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

and can i reset the sim creation index after deleting the sims so the unused original instance numbers are rewritten? i've heard that sometimes parts of an old sims parts of the code can link to the new sims. even when i use meetmetotheriver's clean templates

also has it ever been confirmed that deleting simdna is safe or not? i'm asking because if pleasantview is added as a subhood to any neighborhood. bella goth's skin will turn whatever skin color the unedited simdna file her instance number takes up is, since neighborhoods like belladonna cove have thousands of dna files taking up tons of instance numbers that sims have to overwrite. it happens with her because she has a broken dna file from when maxis made her, and even though tarlia gave her a dna file in the files, it doesn't initialize until bella goth is loaded in the game. so i actually have to delete the old dna file bella gets matched to, before bella's loaded in game and then let her red pawn with a new dna file so she stays medium skinned and has correct genetics. just wanted to know if that causes corruption like some people have said happens when you delete simdna. also the same thing happens with plantsim and other maxis npcs, he can take up an old simdna file and not overwrite it with his own genetics. very weird stuff
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: does theo's delete sim plug-in for simpe fully work, could it cause corruption?
« Reply #1 on: 2021 July 29, 13:18:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

and can i reset the sim creation index after deleting the sims so the unused original instance numbers are rewritten? i've heard that sometimes parts of an old sims parts of the code can link to the new sims. even when i use meetmetotheriver's clean templates
If all records to a sim are properly purged, and you reset the sim creation index, then yes, the unused instance number gaps will be used.

also has it ever been confirmed that deleting simdna is safe or not?
It's safe if the simDNA is not referring to an actual sim that exists or ever existed anymore. So if you un-exist a sim such that the sim never existed, you should purge the corresponding SimDNA. In fact, failure to do so, leaving behind orphaned data, is bad.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
zeldalinkmain
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: does theo's delete sim plug-in for simpe fully work, could it cause corruption?
« Reply #2 on: 2021 July 31, 15:40:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

awesome! yeah i was told that even simdna from non existent sims shouldn't be deleted because it could cause corruption. that's actually why tarlia didn't remove any simdna from her cleaned hoods! we kinda went off of this old topic here http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,1039.msg89965.html#msg89965

but yeah, thanks for the update! i really didn't know i can remove simdna even if it was unused, thanks for the info!
zeldalinkmain
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2021 July 31, 16:34:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

so just to be clear,  if i completely deleted a sim (properly!) who had a kid. do i remove the moms simdna?

tarlia deleted some ancestors in her cleaned hoods, would i remove their simdna since they're completely deleted?
Milhouse Trixibelle Saltfucker III
Saltfucking Weasel
Terrible Twerp

How is a weasel like a writing desk?

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2021 July 31, 22:49:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

so just to be clear,  if i completely deleted a sim (properly!) who had a kid. do i remove the moms simdna?

tarlia deleted some ancestors in her cleaned hoods, would i remove their simdna since they're completely deleted?
Surely, that sim existed. Has anyone who never existed ever had a kid?

04:49 <@Pescado> That seems somehow unnecessarily cruel.

21:17 < Kewian> Trixie one day you are going to pay for your crimes.

Your source for blood and circuses.
zeldalinkmain
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2021 August 01, 01:54:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

wait. so simdna breaks if the parents of the sim's dna are deleted? huh. i don't know why, recessive genes are already stored in the regular sims files. how did you guys find this out?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2021 August 01, 03:04:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

wait. so simdna breaks if the parents of the sim's dna are deleted? huh. i don't know why, recessive genes are already stored in the regular sims files. how did you guys find this out?
I can't see any reason why this would happen, but if you're deleting sims with fambly connections and relationships, you should be very careful all these references are properly severed so that this sim has never existed.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
zeldalinkmain
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2021 August 01, 04:51:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

okay. so if i fully CORRECTLY delete mortimer goth and everything else, family ties, relationships, memories pointing to him, etc, i should maybe leave his dna file because it's linked to cassandra and alexander's dna files and could break them if deleted? alright. i get it now thanks  Cool
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2021 August 01, 05:07:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, you shouldn't, because in such a situation, there's no such thing as Mortimer Goth and therefore, there shouldn't be a DNA file pertaining to someone who has never existed.

zeldalinkmain
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2021 August 01, 08:25:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

oh! i somehow got it in my head that cassandra and alexander's dna files had some kind of coding linking them to mortimer, since mortimer was their dad and their genetics are from him and connected even though he's now fully completely deleted. i thought deleting his dna could somehow glitch out his kids even though he's fully deleted. thanks for the correction and all the help!  Cheesy
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2021 August 02, 07:11:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you're doing it right, there wouldn't be, since there would never have ever even been such a sim. That's what "never existed" is. A sim that has never existed has always never existed, just like Oceania has always been at war with Eastasia.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: