More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 23:02:42

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Does AwesomeMod have a tagger in it?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Does AwesomeMod have a tagger in it?  (Read 4756 times)
Ubercuber
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Does AwesomeMod have a tagger in it?
« on: 2021 July 23, 12:34:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So I use Awesomemod and I keep finding that random sims are being tagged (like you can see them from map view) I have no idea why some sims are chosen to be tagged and others are not. I could not find an option to disable it so I assume it has an important purpose, but I couldnt for the life of me figure out what it was.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Does AwesomeMod have a tagger in it?
« Reply #1 on: 2021 July 24, 05:37:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

AwesomeMod has several tagging options, yes. The default game also tags all household members. Check your config settings to see if you have enabled these tagging options. Because these tagging options are not tags imprinted on the sims, you can't "remove" them by clicking on the sim. What you are probably seeing is the Vehicle Tracker, which tracks any vehicles on the road on your map. If you don't want it, you can turn off TrackAllMovingCars either in the console or the configuration manager.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Ubercuber
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2021 July 25, 22:19:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

AwesomeMod has several tagging options, yes. The default game also tags all household members. Check your config settings to see if you have enabled these tagging options. Because these tagging options are not tags imprinted on the sims, you can't "remove" them by clicking on the sim. What you are probably seeing is the Vehicle Tracker, which tracks any vehicles on the road on your map. If you don't want it, you can turn off TrackAllMovingCars either in the console or the configuration manager.

Thank you for your response! Nah it was tracking some random sims, but I think there might have been a bug somewhere cause some of my configured options never applied but I didn't realise that until I had to switch to a backup save. So for some reason the original save didnt ?apply? the mod properly or something, cause I realized a lot of things were different in the other save and haven't seen any of the tags as of yet at least been playing for a couple days.

The tags Im referring to would show things like: Mode (low detail mode etc), Task (dancing, eating etc), and stats.

Though if you don't mind me asking, is it AwesomeMod that makes me get messages from NPC conversations when they gossip? someone said that NRAAS story progression caused that in their games, so I assumed since I dont use NRAAS that maybe AwesomeMod story progression perhaps did the same thing?

Btw thanks for the mods!!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2021 July 26, 01:25:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The tags Im referring to would show things like: Mode (low detail mode etc), Task (dancing, eating etc), and stats.
That sounds like a Supreme Commander tag. If sims have orders they're executing, then you'd also see a tag on them. What color is the tag?

Though if you don't mind me asking, is it AwesomeMod that makes me get messages from NPC conversations when they gossip? someone said that NRAAS story progression caused that in their games, so I assumed since I dont use NRAAS that maybe AwesomeMod story progression perhaps did the same thing?
I think that's actually vanilla, because I didn't do anything to stop, alter, display, or otherwise do anything with NPC gossip.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Ubercuber
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2021 July 26, 19:56:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That sounds like a Supreme Commander tag. If sims have orders they're executing, then you'd also see a tag on them. What color is the tag?

The tag is a reddish, orangey color. At first I assumed it as "track on radar" but honestly I have no idea how that works, cause I pressed it on some sims to see if that was the thing causing the tag and nothing happened. I could try to share my settings but not sure what the most effective way to do it is.

I think that's actually vanilla, because I didn't do anything to stop, alter, display, or otherwise do anything with NPC gossip.

Yeah perhaps, its not that big of a deal since it happens maybe once a day so I guess I just pretend its my sims eavesdropping or something.
« Last Edit: 2021 July 27, 13:23:10 by Ubercuber » Logged
Ubercuber
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2021 July 27, 13:24:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also, if you dont mind me asking, what exactly does the "forceunlocksimportrewards" do? Cause I have it enabled, but I can't find any of the rewards in cas or build mode?
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2021 July 28, 05:03:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm pretty sure it's linked to the singer/acrobat/magician careers. If you host, or are hosted by another player to do performances in game, it unlocks the rewards for doing so. More stuff for those careers. The rewards may be in buy/debug.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2021 July 28, 05:52:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also, if you dont mind me asking, what exactly does the "forceunlocksimportrewards" do? Cause I have it enabled, but I can't find any of the rewards in cas or build mode?
I recall it forcibly unlocks the various simport-related rewards, although I forget what they were, for those of us who obviously have no friends, especially since the game is now defunct and its online features won't work normally.

Ubercuber
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2021 July 28, 10:01:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm pretty sure it's linked to the singer/acrobat/magician careers. If you host, or are hosted by another player to do performances in game, it unlocks the rewards for doing so. More stuff for those careers. The rewards may be in buy/debug.

Oh okay cause I know the rewards are connected to simport, but does this mean that I can unlock the rewards without using simport cause I dont have any friends that play to share with etc and its just a big annoyance.
Ubercuber
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2021 July 28, 10:02:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I recall it forcibly unlocks the various simport-related rewards, although I forget what they were, for those of us who obviously have no friends, especially since the game is now defunct and its online features won't work normally.

I thought so, cause I had another mod before that unlocked them, but when I only have this mod's unlock enable, I'm not seeing the items in the buy mode anymore. :S

Hopefully you saw my previous response, I kinda messed up the formatting so it all looks like a quote but I put a response there to one of your previous questions.
« Last Edit: 2021 July 28, 13:28:14 by Ubercuber » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2021 July 29, 14:05:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I forget the exact details of how that worked, but I think it just unlocks them, it doesn't actually make them appear, so you need the standard cheatcode for showing hidden stuff.

Ubercuber
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2021 July 29, 22:00:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I forget the exact details of how that worked, but I think it just unlocks them, it doesn't actually make them appear, so you need the standard cheatcode for showing hidden stuff.

I see, I'll guess I put back that other mod then to make the rewards usable again in standard gameplay. Regarding the tag I believe it's the supreme commander thing, but I've never even touched any of that. How would I go about trying to turn it off?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2021 August 01, 03:06:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You don't, other than not using it. AwesomeMod Story Progression uses it to drive story progression events, though, because I take a simulationist attitude towards these things and rather than just magically granting advancement to sims, I try to make them actually do those things. So that notifies you that Story Progression is in progress, I guess.

Ubercuber
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2021 August 02, 16:02:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You don't, other than not using it. AwesomeMod Story Progression uses it to drive story progression events, though, because I take a simulationist attitude towards these things and rather than just magically granting advancement to sims, I try to make them actually do those things. So that notifies you that Story Progression is in progress, I guess.

Oh I see, so if I see them, I should just leave them be and they should go away by themselves?
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: