More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 23, 12:28:07

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Sims leaving on outings- why?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Sims leaving on outings- why?  (Read 6092 times)
Lythdan
Lipless Loser

Fingers in ears!!

View Profile WWW
Sims leaving on outings- why?
« on: 2005 December 15, 11:41:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been lurking here for a while, and am now finally posting since I have a problem that is annoying the heck out of me. The thing is whenever one of my sims is invited for an outing downtown, when the lot loads and everyone gets out of the taxi, everyone but the last two sims to arrive will just walk to the edge of the lot, they still retain the plumbobs, but they'll just walk right off the lot, and if I hover over them it just says 'there are no interactions available'. I saw these people come out of the taxi! It happens with multiple people in multiple neighbourhoods. Three people isn't a outing.

It also happens with dates as well, unless the date is started at home. If I use the 'ask a date' option on the phone, the other person accepts, the dialogue pops up as usual, the downtown lot loads, and the date meter pops up as usual, but the date will just walk off the lot, and the date metre will just disappear. Very annoying.

Has anyone else experienced problems like this?

Photobucket has a dirty mind.
nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
Re: Sims leaving on outings- why?
« Reply #1 on: 2005 December 15, 11:50:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yes I have experienced it and I am not sure what causes it. I especially have this problem with dates that go from lot to lot i.e start off at a coffee shop and decide to go to dinner. As soon as both parties are out of the taxi at the eatery the date takes off, even though their want was to go to an eatery. Its annoying for sure. I guess I will need to make an all in one community lot.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2005 December 15, 13:24:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Could be a hack that's causing it, it's never happened in my game and I've been on loads of outings.  The only time I've had them walk off is if they've been kids or teens and it's gone past their "allowed out" time.  The adults have never walked off.  I do sometimes have them leave mid-outing, but only because they need the toilet desperately or something. 

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 December 15, 14:15:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think this is a quirk of community lots. A community lot, when overpopulated, immediately begins to kick people out off, so that they'll leave in such a manner without any apparent explanation. Previous versions of TS2 worked around this by flagging the sim visitor type 0, so that it wasn't included in the count, but without making the sim selectable....which meant your invited sim would do nothing but stand there and pee itself.

The old Phone & Taxi hack alleviated this problem by fixing selectable, so that your invited sim would be controllable so you could tell it what to do, including to sod off.

This problem went away as of NL, possibly Uni-patch, when invited sims were made visitor type 1, but this means they often immediately sod off because the lot is overloaded now.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 December 15, 14:32:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wouldn't it help, then, to use the allowed sims cheat code set to very high? It could cause community lots to be crowded, which would be a problem on slow computers, but it might stop sims from leaving. I have never seen this happen in my game, and mine is set to 16. Maybe that's why I never see sims leave. I could, by default, invite 8 sims, but I like having larger parties so I changed it. My community lots are not overly crowded. I have certainly never seen 16 sims on one. Maybe people who actually have the problem could try it and see if it helps.

Fail.
nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 December 15, 15:51:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well mine must be set uber low then, go to a diner with one cook, one podium dude and one waiter, add my sim and date and suddenly its overloaded? Which makes no sense at all to me because the first lot was fine, its the second lot that the date takes off - granted the first lot is usually a bowling alley or coffee shop.
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 December 15, 17:38:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I also believe it is a hack to is causing problem, I do remember reading something about that in here.  I think it was related to inteen or insim but I am really unsure about which program was causing this.

I don't have that problem in my game even when I don't set the #of visitors higher than what the game gave me which is 2.  I can go on dates from either the Sim house, by using the phone, and I can go from lot to lot without any glitch in either a Sim car or a taxi.

I don't use the 2 programs mention above.
nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 December 15, 18:31:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I dont have insim or inteen and I still have the problem, even without any custom content whatsoever
simmiecal
Dead Member

No kittens within five miles of my house! :)

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 December 15, 18:38:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I also believe it is a hack to is causing problem, I do remember reading something about that in here.  I think it was related to inteen or insim but I am really unsure about which program was causing this.

I don't have that problem in my game even when I don't set the #of visitors higher than what the game gave me which is 2.  I can go on dates from either the Sim house, by using the phone, and I can go from lot to lot without any glitch in either a Sim car or a taxi.

I have both hacks and have not had that problem. Could it have anything to do with npc zappers?
nikita
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 December 15, 19:58:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have both hacks and have not had that problem. Could it have anything to do with npc zappers?

I have both hacks and have had that problem.  Earlier on with both dates and outings but now with just large outings so I think it is a problem of just too many people on the lot.  I don't use any NPC zappers.

Wouldn't it help, then, to use the allowed sims cheat code set to very high? It could cause community lots to be crowded, which would be a problem on slow computers, but it might stop sims from leaving. I have never seen this happen in my game, and mine is set to 16. Maybe that's why I never see sims leave. I could, by default, invite 8 sims, but I like having larger parties so I changed it. My community lots are not overly crowded. I have certainly never seen 16 sims on one. Maybe people who actually have the problem could try it and see if it helps.

How did you set your visitor count to 16?  Using the maxNumofVisitingSims cheat or with a startup.cheat code?
Lythdan
Lipless Loser

Fingers in ears!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2005 December 15, 20:22:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well mine must be set uber low then, go to a diner with one cook, one podium dude and one waiter, add my sim and date and suddenly its overloaded? Which makes no sense at all to me because the first lot was fine, its the second lot that the date takes off - granted the first lot is usually a bowling alley or coffee shop.

Yeah, that's the same problem I've been having. There's no one there, apart from the NPC's and maybe one or two visiting sims, if I'm lucky. And I've played up to 20 something people on residental lots...so whats the cheat to increase the number of visiting sims?

Muisie
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2005 December 15, 22:33:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had the same problem after the NL patch.  Added the startup.cheat file to set my visitors to 8 and it stopped.
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 December 15, 23:05:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How did you set your visitor count to 16?  Using the maxNumofVisitingSims cheat or with a startup.cheat code?

Yup, userStartup.cheat file.

so whats the cheat to increase the number of visiting sims?

You have to edit your userStartup.cheat file to have the line intProp maxNumOfVisitingSims 16 or whatever number you want. If you need help with that, http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=85062 and http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=86631

Fail.
Lythdan
Lipless Loser

Fingers in ears!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2005 December 15, 23:36:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, I entered the intProp line into my userstartup.cheat file. Now my sims may actually have proper outings again. (Although recently outings seem to consist of a mutual lover of the iviter and the invitee, but that's probably becuase my sims usually end up falling in love with their best friends)

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: