More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2020 September 30, 10:35:55

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540025 Posts in 18039 Topics by 7924 Members
Latest Member: lassieravendancer
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Dead fiancés keep love/crush tags?
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Dead fiancés keep love/crush tags?  (Read 281 times)
zeldalinkmain
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Dead fiancés keep love/crush tags?
« on: 2020 September 12, 07:24:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well i was playing The Sims 2 and i had a sim of myself and got bored of the wife and daughter so i killed them. Now whenever the husband started with a new girl and fell in love in his memories it says "Had 2 Loves at Once" and i thought that was weird. and then a few sim days later it gave me a "Made New BFF" memory for his DEAD WIFE and his DEAD DAUGHTER! what in the ea-maxis shit is this?! now i get that yeah he probably does still love his dead wife but his memories look kinda screwed up, maybe it's kind of ocd but i don't like there being a new bff memory for a dead person 7 memories after the one with their death. i also did a debug save with that hood and resurrected his old wife and daughter and yes for his wife, they were in love (the marriage tag wasn't there) and she was a bff (she was only best friends with him when she died and even though he had a new wife!). the only mod i use that even come near romance would be marriage-postmortum. and also usually when i get a new lover for a sim and resurrect the ex they're relationship goes to just friends, and they have no love tags so why is it different for dead fiances and this would probably we worse if he had multiple dead fiancé's and multiple dead people still in love/become bffs after they die. i guess i feel it's better for gameplay for revived ex's to lose love tags because it makes it seem like they moved on in death after their spouse got remarried and they won't be mad at them for getting remarried and stuff. and also why for dead best friend sims can they become bffs after they died, how does that make sense. i feel like they should just be best friends in death why would it change they're dead anyway.
zeldalinkmain
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Re: Dead fiancés keep love/crush tags?
« Reply #1 on: 2020 September 12, 07:41:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

and to clarify about why the two loves at once memory was weird for me. it's because it's a memory for cheating sims, sims who are playing multiple people, usually cheaters. it doesn't really make sense to have it for a widowed sim who got remarried. plus it's clarified that he was already in love with her before in an old memory, so even though he's loved two people his life i personally think it's odd to have a memory that says "2 Loves at ‘Once' when the other love is dead if that makes sense.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2020 September 23, 12:31:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sims do have this tendency to come back to life, so...eh.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
zeldalinkmain
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2020 September 24, 02:18:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

well that's by choice usually. revival can only be done by genie lamp and resurrect-o-nomitron and i don't usually use those things and i also don't usually have sim favorites that i care enough about to bring them back from the grave since i play generation style and in rotations switch to 100-baby challenge and murder challenge or something. its just so strange about the 3 loves memories appearing for widowed sims (when it literally is about cheating exclusively) and the sudden "bffs with dead ex wife" thing   Huh
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: