More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2020 July 04, 18:39:39

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540000 Posts in 18033 Topics by 7900 Members
Latest Member: Galedlothia
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  TS4 Stuff
| | |-+  Gig Unfucking Fix [OBSOLETE]
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Gig Unfucking Fix [OBSOLETE]  (Read 1280 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Gig Unfucking Fix [OBSOLETE]
« on: 2020 April 10, 15:08:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

gigfixer.zip
matylib.zip

Gig Fuckup 1.62.67 Fix

Congratulations to: Draklixa!

INSTRUCTIONS:
Unzip in your MYDOCU~1\ELECTR~1\THESIM~2\Mods directory.

FIXES:
EAxis broke it in the patch. This fixes it. Gigs now work properly again. They will notify you and summon you at the appropriate times.

COMPATIBILITY:
For v1.62.67.1020. Doesn't do anything in older versions. Fixed as of 1.63.133.
Requires MATYlib.
No file conflicts.

SIDE EFFECTS:
May cause computer damage, incontinence, explosion of user's head, coma, death,
and/or halitosis.

WARNING:
Do not open, crush, dispose of in fire, put in backwards, short-circuit, or mix
with non-awesome hacks - may explode, leak, or catch fire, resulting in injury
and/or death.
« Last Edit: 2020 June 03, 20:12:26 by J. M. Pescado » Logged

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Lenore
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Gig Unfucking Fix
« Reply #1 on: 2020 April 16, 18:12:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This worked perfectly in my game - once.

I had a sim who had a gig lined up before I installed this, installed the mod, but she still wouldn't go. I canceled that one and sent her to another audition. She passed and went to that gig exactly as she was supposed to. After that one, though, I had her audition again, and she wouldn't go to the next gig. Tried switching agencies, same problem. Started a new game with a brand new sim, same problem. No other mods in my game besides this one.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2020 April 17, 02:58:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Interdasting. I'm about to hit my second one in my game, so I will investigate it.

Did you blow through two continuously in a single run (they space these things out fucking FOREVER so you can't hit them back to back), or did you save/reload in between?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2020 April 17, 14:10:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Could not reproduce this result in testing, second gig and third gig since installation was completed successfully without issue. Honestly, can't see any rational reason why one gig would work and then the second would fail, since that would imply that the game has some memory of past gigs in this way, which I can't find.

Are you sure the files were all correctly installed?

I added a new version of everything that now includes a diagnostic check command so you can verify correct installation: Type "gigfixer" into the console window once the lot is loaded and it will report if any installation anomalies were detected. If you get no response, or a bad response, the install was not performed completely and correctly.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: