More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 16:46:42

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  AwesomeMod, Steam, and NRaas
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: AwesomeMod, Steam, and NRaas  (Read 9940 times)
passbyfive
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
AwesomeMod, Steam, and NRaas
« on: 2019 April 27, 19:13:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I searched the forum for Steam and found this thread, where Pescado says Steam is not supported, and that it's evil. That post was from 2011. If you buy the game now, you're stuck with either EA Origin or Steam, so I'll go with Steam since Origin is worse. Even the physical copy of the "Sims 3 Starter Pack" requires Origin, according to the reviews on Amazon.

With that out of the way, I noticed the Nraas ErrorTrap mod has two versions: 1 for Steam, and 1 for Origin/disc version. I thought this was strange since I was expecting the Origin version to be different from the disc version, as I read something about how Origin's v1.69 merges all expansions and gets rid of the separate exe files.

If NRaas ErrorTrap is anything to go by and to be believed, it suggests Steam and the disc version are different, and Awesomemod is designed for the disc version. I'm not sure what exactly is different, and whether that difference matters here, but does Awesomemod work on the Steam version (which is at v1.67)? If not, does this mean any recent buyer of TS3 is SOL since Awesomemod also doesn't work for Origin (which is at v1.69 rather than v1.67)?

2nd question:
Which NRaas mods does Awesomemod make unnecessary?

I also assumed any NRaas mods that did the same things as Awesomemod would conflict (rule of one core mod), but the NRaas StoryProgression mod is listed as a non-core mod.

Edit: Typos and missing words.
« Last Edit: 2019 April 28, 05:03:49 by passbyfive » Logged
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
Re: AwesomeMod, Steam, and NRaas
« Reply #1 on: 2019 April 28, 01:10:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have story progression turned ON in the game. Have story progression turned OFF in Awesomemod's config file. Insert NRAAS story progression mod wherever you keep other NRAAS mods.

Awesomemod only supports game version up to 1.67 AFAIK.

Awesomemod and NRAAS can be used together. I put AM on a higher level in the directory structure, don't know if that makes a difference.

Stuck with only Steam or Origin? Arrr, that's a pity.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
passbyfive
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2019 April 28, 20:54:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have story progression turned ON in the game. Have story progression turned OFF in Awesomemod's config file. Insert NRAAS story progression mod wherever you keep other NRAAS mods.

Awesomemod only supports game version up to 1.67 AFAIK.

Awesomemod and NRAAS can be used together. I put AM on a higher level in the directory structure, don't know if that makes a difference.

Stuck with only Steam or Origin? Arrr, that's a pity.

Thanks. Have you heard any cases of AM working on the latest steam version (v1.67)? I only question it since the NRaas ErrorTrap mod treats the Steam and Origin/Disc version differently. Then again I guess even "Origin/Disc" could mean the latest disc versions that require Origin rather than the original disc versions...

If AM doesn't work on the Steam version, I'd probably have to use NRaas instead, but supposedly AM kills all the telemetry inTS3, which I'm not sure NRaas does.

Arrr, I guess there's a third option. But not sure I trust those sources.

Edit: Mistyped word.
« Last Edit: 2019 April 29, 22:37:51 by passbyfive » Logged
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2019 April 29, 02:51:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have not heard one way or the other about the Steam versions. I used the 3rd option and have found no problems.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2019 April 30, 01:40:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't think of any actual problems that would prevent it from working, but if the Steam versions have different MVIDs, I wouldn't have those strings on file to enter in as I have no means of getting them.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: