More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 14:26:14

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Pudding Factory
| | |-+  Interest in a Mars neighborhood?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Interest in a Mars neighborhood?  (Read 8765 times)
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
Interest in a Mars neighborhood?
« on: 2018 January 13, 05:11:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been working on a Mars neighborhood for TS3, which I still play sometimes. You primarily navigate the hood via canals. It's a fantasy-style mars with a bunch of EA's alien/magic vegetation, although it could be pretty simply be removed if I decide to make it more realistic. There will be aliens and humans who hate each other, for MOAR FIGHT.

My question: is anyone still playing this game?

Sita
Titlights
Retarded Reprobate

I YAM what I YAM

View Profile WWW
Re: Interest in a Mars neighborhood?
« Reply #1 on: 2018 January 13, 11:43:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes!

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2018 January 14, 02:51:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You're still alive? Did Fairlight let you out of the basement?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Sita
Titlights
Retarded Reprobate

I YAM what I YAM

View Profile WWW
alive
« Reply #3 on: 2018 January 15, 16:49:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"I'm going on and on and on".
« Last Edit: 2018 January 15, 16:58:47 by Sita » Logged

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
Re: alive
« Reply #4 on: 2018 January 16, 01:03:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"I'm going on and on and on".

Queen Baby, that comment was not addressed to you, you are not the centre of the universe.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Sita
Titlights
Retarded Reprobate

I YAM what I YAM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2018 January 16, 10:03:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I realised afterwards. But I AM the centre of MY universe. Blame the snot in my head. I have a fierce cold.

Bugger
Lipless Loser

off on another strange Bugger tangent...

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2018 January 17, 02:13:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am refusing to move on to TS4. Hell, it took til TS4 was released before I was willing to really play TS3.

<Dark_Trepie> Booty's go OHHH!. Pirate Booty's go ARRR!
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2018 January 18, 02:18:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm still playing TS3, I was doing LotRO for the first several years of TS3, so I still have a huge amount of game to explore. I'm loving playing with climates, daylight hours, and the ability to tune and change almost anything. I had a go at TS4 but it didn't do it for me, all the sims seemed the same. I like the open world in TS3. I do miss the genetics from TS2, and the ability of one sim to feel differently toward another, where one might be in love and the other might be in hate.

I'm currently playing with canals on a festival lot so the OP caught my eye.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2018 January 27, 18:35:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You're still alive? Did Fairlight let you out of the basement?

Yeah, I actually just got married. Not to Fairlight. He came to the wedding, though. I also just bought a house, which is like the sims but more expensive.

I learned how to program, too, so I'm thinking it might be cool to do an NRAAS modification to the factions thing to let you set factions to hate each other so my aliens and humans can fight. Assuming I have time for that, which I probably don't. I think there might be some logical issues, too - I'm not sure how it should handle sims who are in both factions, or children inheriting a faction if the factions are at war.

Right now the neighborhood doesn't have roads at all, just canals. I'm playtesting it and it seems to work okay so long as you turn off the animals, because the horses get routing errors. The canals have to go all the way to the edge of the routeable area, otherwise the sims try to do an end run around them instead of getting in a speed boat. I think there might also be an issue with school field trips - do those require a bus? The sims seem to move pretty fast with the IP taxi boats. The carpool not coming is annoying, but I've managed to have my sims keep their jobs by leaving for work as soon as the carpool notification shows up so I don't forget about it. Non-active families seem to be getting to work just fine, although that might be the result of NRAAS/Awesomemod pushing them. I think it's a fun concept, but maybe I should just bite the bullet and deal with customizing and building all the goddamn bridges. Opinions/other playtesters welcome.

Does Awesomemod automatically make people use hoverboards/jetpacks as part of the less stupid movement if their skill is high enough?

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: