More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 19:30:55

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Ghosts
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Ghosts  (Read 19464 times)
FerDeLance
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Ghosts
« on: 2017 June 07, 00:07:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay ... so I know that under certain conditions a sim can squeeze out a ghost baby.  Said baby grows into a toddler, child, teen and so on.  So what happens when it gets old and ... well ... does it drop alive?  Or does the dead sim ... die?  A question that needs an answer, methinks.
Sita
Titlights
Retarded Reprobate

I YAM what I YAM

View Profile WWW
Re: Ghosts
« Reply #1 on: 2017 June 07, 12:31:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe you need to do some research on this and report back when you have an answer?

Vaguely interested minds would like to know.

Starler
Senator

Fun for the whole fambly.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2017 June 07, 17:35:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Didn't you flounce? I'm pretty sure you flounced. I just can't seem to find the it anywh- Oh, here it is!

Keeping this here for when Titlights forgets that it doesn't have anything better to do than hang out at MATY.
Sita
Titlights
Retarded Reprobate

I YAM what I YAM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2017 June 08, 19:25:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What your teeny underprivileged brain cells missed, Starler, is that ANYONE can flounce and bounce back, when they are in the mood. And that you have no way to stop them doing so, if they so wish. Huh Shocked YOU do not have the control.
By the way, welcome back FerDeLance.

FerDeLance
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2017 June 26, 16:03:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sitaaa!  Cool

Thank you for the welcome back (although you know I'm not Ferdelance, right?).  Anyway, I forgot that I posted this, and then earlier while I was playing in Midnight Hollow, little Sandra Salas went drifting past my lot and then I remembered it, so I came back here to see what I could see.  And I see that the site nuisance is still practicing to be a troll and hasn't lost any time intruding in my thread, trying to get my attention, in spite of me profusely humiliating him the last time around.  Not only that, he's trying to draw everybody's attention to it (masochists, eh?).

The ghost thing though; it was just a curiosity and not really something that I care less about, I don't really like them.  As regards going to the trouble of testing it, I can't really be arsed.  I have the lifespan of my games set to epic and I really don't want to spend that much time with bloody ghosts ... just to see if they die!

So how are ya?  It's been a while since I was last around.  I figured out the problem with the plants from my last post, as you probably know, but ghosts aside, there's something else I want to look for some information on, it's to do with that Simport thing, something I've never used, nor had any interest in until now (I bought Showtime for my cousin's daughter and she wants to see some of my performers in her game) and there are a few things about it I could do with knowing before I try it.  But that's something for a new thread I reckon.

Another thing I've really got into is the wine-making feature; this is something you could spend years on with just that one expansion, it's a real science in itself and quite fascinating.  Do you do that one?

Well take care, hopefully I'll see you in my new thread, if not I'll look you up.
« Last Edit: 2017 June 26, 16:30:37 by FerDeLance » Logged
Sita
Titlights
Retarded Reprobate

I YAM what I YAM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2017 June 26, 23:25:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nope. I don't do ghosts much either. I've had the odd one pop up, but no more than that.
Did have one that lived with his family, a long while back.

Kim DotCom, it was...

His daughter in law got the "Oh My Ghost" opportunity.

And then he simply wouldn't go away.

Was quite useful at times.

Never got Simport to work. Not once.

Not wine-making. I've done a lot of playing with the Transmogrification stuff, collecting gems and minerals, had a LOT of fun with that. But the wine-making seems a little lacking - as in, whatever quality of wine you make, if you store it in the basement, it will still gather value. And the challenges for that are so slow.

Salomon
Weeaboo Pee Fancier
Blathering Buffoon

Desperate yet?

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2017 July 02, 02:19:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Didn't you flounce? I'm pretty sure you flounced. I just can't seem to find the it anywh- Oh, here it is!

Oh man, I can't resist posting this, as it seems it went unnoticed:

In the linked thread, Starler made a prediction:

Isn't that cute? It's hedging its bets for when it gets its parent's account canned/nuked. Welcome home indeed, future resident.

ETA:
I can see it now:

Quote from: FerDeLance, Some Future Post
whatevvv's, i dont care anyway, its not my account!!! Smiley Smiley Smiley

Guess what happened next?

Pescado ... gracias por su hospitalidad, sin embargo esta cuenta es de mí padre.  Esta muerta, así se puede removar lo de su recuerdas.  No más lo soy hace fuelta!  No hastaré de vuelta.

Which "roughly" (as in, it's written so poorly one can only attempt to show it by using intentionally poor English) translates to:

Quote from: FerDeLance In Engrish
Pescado ... thanks for your hospitality, however this account is from my father. She's dead, so this way to remova that of your remembranca. More not that am make fack! Won't haccupy of back. [ed. note: she means she's leaving the forum]

Get it? Her father was transexual!

As an ESL I'm deeply offended by the way FDL destroys my native language.

Sorry, I think you can still hold it a bit more...
FerDeLance
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2017 July 03, 17:05:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hiya Basura Smiley  Welcome to the shithouse.  I see that Starlie or one of the other wannabes has recruited you as a potential internet troll.  I can tell you now, you could have found much better places to learn your intended craft, although why you'd want to go for such a thing is for reasons only known to yourself (I really couldn't care fuckin' less why, frankly!).  Your username however, coupled with your knowledge of Spanish is very appropriate, so I must commend you on that.  So, enough with the pleasantries, let's see what you have to say for yourself and what you've learned about trolling:

"Oh man, I can't resist posting this, as it seems it went unnoticed:"
I don't believe anything went unnoticed, except by you and you are so obviously new to this and so vehemently keen to make an impression on your new gang of fuckups, that you didn't take the time to do your research.

"whatevvv's, i dont care anyway, its not my account!"
Whatevvv's?  Whatevvv's??  WHATEVVV'S??? ..... HA HA HA HA HAAAAARRRGH!!!!!
WHAT ... THE ... FUCK???   "WHATEVVV'S"?Huh
Ha ha haa!  I can assure you, little girl, THAT did NOT come from me!  I recommend that you read through the entire thread first, before you go quoting Starlie's bullshit!  A little advice here ... ‘do your research first' ... and if you're still fancying yourself as an internet troll, a quote from our old headmasters; ‘Must try harder, hmm?'

"Guess what happened next": Little Miss Trash then gives a quote from myself to the personage that made this inappropriately-named site, said person, whom from their username I believed to be Hispanic and I left a message for in Spanish.  Said message: Pescado ... gracias por su hospitalidad, sin embargo esta cuenta es de mí padre.  Esta muerta, así se puede removar lo de su recuerdas.  No más lo soy hace fuelta!  No hastaré de vuelta.

Little Miss Trash then gives her bestest bravest attempt at a translation. (I had to get over a serious laughing fit before I could continue with this) ... "Which "roughly" (as in, it's written so poorly one can only attempt to show it by using intentionally poor English) translates to: Pescado ... thanks for your hospitality, however this account is from my father. She's dead, so this way to remova that of your remembranca. More not that am make fack! Won't haccupy of back. [ed. note: she means she's leaving the forum".

I say, Little Miss Trash, I'm guessing it was Pescado that translated that for the ‘More Awesome Imps' that intrude and cause trouble in people's threads (yeah imps, sorry, but none of you are in the troll league yet) and that was a very piss-poor translation.  Damndest thing is, I thought I was done with that thread after I'd sorted out my problem for myself with no help from the folks that were supposedly more awesome than me ... but not awesome enough to fix a simple programming glitch!  Ah well.  Oh, if you didn't get that from Pescado, did you by any chance get your translating software from the Pinto Blimp?  If you did, you ought to know that Jezzie Baby got a calculator from him and it was as fucked up as your translator!  Go and kick that li'l shit's arse!  Give 'im an extra one from me!

Anyway, looks like you've reduced me to giving Spanish lessons.  "Gracias por su hospitalidad".  Thank you for your hospitality (One must always make one's manners in another's abode).  "Sin embargo esta cuenta es de mí padre".  However, this is my father's account (I do believe I had already made this very clear, but considering the kind of responses I was getting, it seems that I had to reinforce this issue). "Esta muerta, así se puede removar lo de su recuerdas".  He is dead ... we'll stop here for a quick Spanish lesson.  ‘Esta' ... from the root verb ‘estar' ... ‘is, or am'.  ‘Esto' = I am.  ‘Esta' = he/she/it is.  So; He is dead, so you can remove it (his account) from your records.  "No más lo soy hace fuelta!"  He doesn't need it anymore; referring to his account, why would he need it?  He ain't here now and he ain't gonna be back anytime soon!!!  Does it actually require any more translation than that?  Fuckin' ‘ell .. you ‘more awesome' guys, eh'? 
This is why I started to come back.  You're so fuckin' funny and you don't even know it!!

So, Little Miss Trash,  your interpretation goes: Pescado ... thanks for your hospitality, however this account is from my father. She's dead, so this way to remova that of your remembranca. More not that am make fack! Won't haccupy of back. [ed. note: she means she's leaving the forum]

So if you got this translation from Pescado, it seems he's no more Hispanic than you are or I am: ‘remova', remembranca', ‘fack', ‘haccupy', don't occur in the English language, so where the fuck is he from?  Not that I give two shits, but if he's going to translate, then he should at least have a base knowledge of the language first!

"Get it? Her father was transexual!"  Considering your fucked-up translation of such a basic Spanish verb which is taught to beginners in their first lesson, was that an example of your ignorance of Spanish grammar, or a piss-poor attempt at trying to upset me?  Nah, sorry; the former I get, the latter, I just put it down to the age old argument that young teen girls shouldn't be allowed to give birth and raise children on their own; you and others like you are all the examples we need of that.  And such examples of your kind gives me reassurance that I was one of the lucky ones that had good parenting a grown-up ... strict as fuck, but now I fully understand why!

"As an ESL I'm deeply offended by the way FDL destroys my native language."  Dunno what ESL is, don't care, but destroying your native language?  And what language would that be, Little Miss Trash?  It's not English and it certainly ain't fuckin' Spanish!  Actually, don't even bother telling me, I don't really care!  By the way, quick translation; Basura = rubbish/trash/scraps/filth
Dunno who gave you that one, Little Miss Trash, but you might want to think about changing it.  And give up the troll thing; you're crap at it!

Done with this waste of time & space!  It is polite however to say thanks for a very entertaining read  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Grin

To the cool folks; keep on rockin'  Cool
FerDeLance
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2017 July 03, 18:25:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hiya Sita 
I've never had that "Oh My Ghost" op come up, but from what you're saying it's one to avoid if you can't get rid of them.  When I first got back into S3, one of my family members in Sunset Valley got talking to a ghost in the boneyard and invited it over ... and it bloody moved in!  It stayed in the house for weeks, then eventually just left by itself.  You might remember me mentioning my supernatural family to you; the only one I didn't include in that was a ghost child; as I said, I don't like them.

Your response to the SimPort was pretty much what I expected, from what I've been reading about it, but that's for my new thread (when I get the time (and my cousin's little miss is impatient, but I've told her to work on one of her own so I can see it my game)).

I've enjoyed the transmogrification m'self and yeah, that's an interesting one.  I once made a tiberium skull that came out worth almost five hundred grand and it sold in the elixir thrift shop for around three times as much (trouble is, when they can afford to make such a thing, they're so damn rich that what it sells for is just a piss in the ocean, right?)

But wine-making .. now this one IS a challenge.  I'll admit, I got my best combos from Carl's site - and for what it's worth I have you to thank for guiding me there, so cheers for that.  What's got my attention with that one though is some of the new fruits, particularly the premium content ones, the bohemium ones for example; I've been trying to use pears to make a half-decent perry, but they're literally worthless, so it's hard to work out a good combination for it, but hey, that's the challenge, right?  It's what makes the wine-making interesting.  Actually, I thought I might be able to find a thread on here where folks are trading their wine recipes.  If you know of one, I'd be interested in a link to it.

Anyway, I think I'm done with this thread, that ghost thing was just a curiosity and apart from your good self, it only seems to have attracted pests ... or probably my dad's username did.

Seeya on the flipside 
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2017 July 03, 22:45:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

snip long diatribe

snip other collected drivel

tch, tch , tch Twisted Flower double posting.

Oh, and because you seem too dim to get there on your own; a fer de lance is a dangerous snake, which you are obviously not. A fleur de lis is a twisted flower symbol used by people who want others to believe that they are better than they actually are. Ipso Facto: you have misspelled your own name.

While we are on the subject of your belief that things are other than that which is Real - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll : In Internet slang, a troll is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal, on-topic discussion,[3] often for the troll's amusement.

Let me help you on the road with that thought - We are an 'online community' and you 'are posting . . .'

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
Sita
Titlights
Retarded Reprobate

I YAM what I YAM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2017 July 04, 10:34:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, Mim, I do not believe you "folks" know what a community IS.

Double posting is acceptable in most parts of the Internet when a poster has two separate messages to deliver. Just because MATY has made up its own rules is neither here nor there, since most of the "regular" posters, or "rats" as I would prefer to call them, have deserted this ship. I still "meet" Simmers "out there" in the wider world, (and yes, Dorothy, there IS life outside Kansas!) who have been to MATY and never come back because they were so unpleasantly abused. I am no longer such a fragile flower, and Fer de Lance clearly is not; willing to fight back in whatever language!

Community is as community does. I come here because I have a great deal of respect for Pescado, his mods and a very few of the Simmers here. And because it makes me laugh. But I can see why many would choose not to return. You're stuck with me, though. Minor threats that are never carried out, for example banning or whatever, are simply the minor bullies trying to claim the power of their big brother/s. And about as helpful, as it looks as if the big brothers are laughing at the little ones. All the time I've been here, and much complained of, no-one ever banned me although I'm sure there have been petitions. I've been given an avatar, which is almost as good as the one I made myself, but since I can't be bothered to go to Second Life and remake it, it will do. I AM NOT AFRAID OF YOU. And neither is Fer de Lance! Up the Revolution!
« Last Edit: 2017 July 04, 10:42:26 by Sita » Logged

Starler
Senator

Fun for the whole fambly.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2017 July 05, 14:50:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is the most clear and cogent argument yet for reopening the 'Dome.

Keeping this here for when Titlights forgets that it doesn't have anything better to do than hang out at MATY.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2017 July 06, 04:30:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is the most clear and cogent argument yet for reopening the 'Dome.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
snabul
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2017 July 14, 19:43:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I still like this site.
And I do understand the problem of way too many subscribers making way too much noise.
Nowadays it is not crowded here, but sometimes still too much noise :-)
Sita
Titlights
Retarded Reprobate

I YAM what I YAM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 2017 July 14, 21:12:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oooh Witch, what did happen to your picture? Huh

cwurts
Retarded Reprobate

Oona Klostermann for senate.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: 2017 July 15, 00:00:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sita: the queen of a new generations of MATYzens.

Join the Oona Klostermann High Society Club
Salomon
Weeaboo Pee Fancier
Blathering Buffoon

Desperate yet?

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2017 October 24, 06:13:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hiya Basura Smiley  Welcome to the shithouse.  I see that Starlie or one of the other wannabes has recruited you as a potential internet troll.

Huh? Nobody hired me, and I'm actually an outsider around here. I wouldn't be surprised if you are unable to read this because after posting this my account was banned and deleted for NECROMANCY WHICH IS BAD. It has happened before.

"whatevvv's, i dont care anyway, its not my account!"
Whatevvv's?  Whatevvv's??  WHATEVVV'S??? ..... HA HA HA HA HAAAAARRRGH!!!!!
WHAT ... THE ... FUCK???   "WHATEVVV'S"Huh?
Ha ha haa!  I can assure you, little girl, THAT did NOT come from me!

So, I'm a little girl now? I guess I'm gonna look at myself in the mirror and touch myself because that'd be awesome, at least for a change. Alas, still a guy here...

Anyway, the point was that it was predicted that there was going to be a claim that that account wasn't yours anymore, which you did (or attempted to...)

Little Miss Trash then gives a quote from myself to the personage that made this inappropriately-named site, said person, whom from their username I believed to be Hispanic and I left a message for in Spanish.  Said message: Pescado ... gracias por su hospitalidad, sin embargo esta cuenta es de mí padre.  Esta muerta, así se puede removar lo de su recuerdas.  No más lo soy hace fuelta!  No hastaré de vuelta.

No, that's not Spanish. Believe me, Spanish is my mother language, and that is a really poor imitation. "así se puede removar lo de su recuerdas" makes absolutely no sense whatsoever, not out of context or in context, one basically has to imagine some similar sounding phrase and assume that's the attempted meaning lost in translation.

THIS is Spanish:

"Pescado... No tengo palabras para agradecer la hospitalidad, pero esta cuenta le pertenecía a mi padre. Está muerto, así que puede borrarlo de sus recuerdos. ¡No estaré más de vuelta!"

(last part removed since it was there twice)

Oh, if you didn't get that from Pescado, did you by any chance get your translating software from the Pinto Blimp?  If you did, you ought to know that Jezzie Baby got a calculator from him and it was as fucked up as your translator!  Go and kick that li'l shit's arse!  Give 'im an extra one from me!

Nah, the Spanish was so botched it was impossible to translate. As I said, one has to imagine what the heck was in the mind of the person speaking, and replace it with something that makes sense, even if it was nothing to do with what was said.

"Sin embargo esta cuenta es de mí padre".  However, this is my father's account (I do believe I had already made this very clear, but considering the kind of responses I was getting, it seems that I had to reinforce this issue).

How can your father have an account if she's dead? "esta cuenta era de mí padre" would have been in order there.

"Esta muerta, así se puede removar lo de su recuerdas".  He is dead ... we'll stop here for a quick Spanish lesson.  ‘Esta' ... from the root verb ‘estar' ... ‘is, or am'.  ‘Esto' = I am.  ‘Esta' = he/she/it is.

First, when used like that, it has a different pronounciation, marked like "Está".

Second, it's "muerto". "Muerta" is femenine. Which only makes sense if the father was both as a male, and died female. Thus, transexual.

So; He is dead, so you can remove it (his account) from your records.

Ah! So this is the mystery phrase.

"removar" is a new, invented word that has nothing to do with Spanish (thus I introduced "remembranca"). " lo de su recuerdas" makes no sense gramatically. The closest is "remuevalo de sus recuerdos", which means, "remove it from your memories." You'd want something like "remuevalo de sus registros."

"No más lo soy hace fuelta!"  He doesn't need it anymore; referring to his account, why would he need it?  He ain't here now and he ain't gonna be back anytime soon!!!  Does it actually require any more translation than that?

Yes. "Fuelta" is another word that doesn't exist in the Spanish language, so I'd just ignore this for now.

So if you got this translation from Pescado, it seems he's no more Hispanic than you are or I am: ‘remova', remembranca', ‘fack', ‘haccupy', don't occur in the English language, so where the fuck is he from?

From the places your invented words came from.

Dunno what ESL is

English as Second Language. Spanish is my first one.

, don't care,

Sorry, you're not getting your time back!

Anyway, see you in 2018 by the rate I check this back (if I'm still around.) For someone that doesn't care you were quick to reply.

Sorry, I think you can still hold it a bit more...
Sita
Titlights
Retarded Reprobate

I YAM what I YAM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: 2021 January 24, 16:59:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So it was you who flounced.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: