More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 12:56:28

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Only two visitors on hobby lots
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Only two visitors on hobby lots  (Read 6614 times)
Mmmary
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Only two visitors on hobby lots
« on: 2017 May 27, 15:14:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ever since installing AL, my hobby lots always only have the hobby maven and two other sims on them. No more arrive, and the original two don't leave. It makes visiting hobby lots even more boring than it already is. I read somewhere early on that it's just because my hood doesn't yet have sims with enough hobby points to visit the lots, but I'm giving that explanation up now... however many years later! Many of my playables definitely have enough points, yet no one comes.

I have ruled CC out as a cause, and it shouldn't be a hardware issue as I'm able to load other large community lots with plenty more than two sims on them. I have the Ultimate Collection and playing on Windows 7.

Any ideas appreciated.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Only two visitors on hobby lots
« Reply #1 on: 2017 May 29, 11:33:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, I think I remember this one. It's because your graphics card is not recognized in the increasingly aging "videocards.sgr" , causing "graphicsrules.sgr" to interpret your video card as "shit tier" and give you "intProp maxNumOfVisitingSims 2". To fix this, add the line:
Code:
intProp maxNumOfVisitingSims 8
into your userStartup.cheat file. You may substitute 8 for some larger number if you prefer.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Mmmary
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2017 May 29, 13:59:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, that's not it. My graphics card certainly is a bit senior, so I already have that line in userstartup.cheat. It does the trick on all other types of community lots; for some reason hobby lots are different.
« Last Edit: 2017 May 29, 14:15:23 by Mmmary » Logged
simsfreq
Exasperating Eyesore

ENTP

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2017 May 29, 21:55:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sims will only show up on hobby lots if they have the required enthusiasm level to get the membership card thing. I'm not sure if that also applies to townies, and if it does, what causes them to get given the membership card. It may be that townies just get automagic membership to their one true hobby lot.

Try making a test hood with loads of sims maxed out in the same hobby and if they don't show up either, something else may be causing it.

Time has gathered us here by coincidence; that's why what we say doesn't make any sense.
Mmmary
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2017 May 30, 20:40:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That was a good idea but the same thing happens in a test neighbourhood. I gave a bunch of townies the required enthusiasm points for membership and they got the pop-up notification that they have access to Sue's Secret Kitchen. But when my sim travelled there - only two other visitors. One of them was one of the townies that I had given membership to (I visited three times and it was always him and one of the burglars - not sure if that's significant). None of the others showed up and the original two didn't leave, so same as in my main hood.  Huh
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: