More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 19:37:15

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS4: The Pee-ening
| |-+  Insert Amusing Name Here
| | |-+  Sooo, Does Anyone Play This Game?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Sooo, Does Anyone Play This Game?  (Read 53315 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Sooo, Does Anyone Play This Game?
« Reply #25 on: 2017 March 25, 12:20:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

BUT YOUR FACE IS STILL STUPID.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Bugger
Lipless Loser

off on another strange Bugger tangent...

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2017 April 12, 17:11:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No. It was bought as a gift for me, and it's very very pretty, but DAMN is it boring. I occasionally play TS3 but fucked up when I bought a disc for IP and now Origin is required, so I removed it all and have to start over (yes yes I will pirate IP like I should have from the start). I have TS2 fired up right now. Still the best one.

<Dark_Trepie> Booty's go OHHH!. Pirate Booty's go ARRR!
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2017 April 13, 00:07:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No. It was bought as a gift for me, and it's very very pretty, but DAMN is it boring. I occasionally play TS3 but fucked up when I bought a disc for IP and now Origin is required, so I removed it all and have to start over (yes yes I will pirate IP like I should have from the start). I have TS2 fired up right now. Still the best one.

What do you mean origin is required?  Mine asks if you want to install it, I just say no, everything works fine without origin.  Unless you have the downloaded version, you don't need to install origin (unless Eaxis did something nuts with newer releases of the disc version).  Origin is one of the reasons I haven't installed TS4.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
Starler
Senator

Fun for the whole fambly.

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2017 April 14, 23:57:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can use the super patch to revert TS3 to 1.67 if you accidentally (or intentionally) installed 1.69.

Keeping this here for when Titlights forgets that it doesn't have anything better to do than hang out at MATY.
snabul
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2017 April 20, 22:40:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I still prefer sims 2.
I tried 1, 2, 3 and 4.
Sita
Titlights
Retarded Reprobate

I YAM what I YAM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: 2017 April 21, 20:57:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did they really

make a transgender patch last summer?

https://simsvip.com/2016/06/02/ea-blog-sims-4-expanded-gender-customization-options/

what is amazing is that no Simmers are talking about it. Underwhelmed, much?

Starler
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2017 April 22, 19:44:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can use the super patch to revert TS3 to 1.67 if you accidentally (or intentionally) installed 1.69.

Would that work on a newer disc that installs origin with it? Had BFBVS so I lost everything non-important. I reaaaaally don't want to have to pull out my eye patch and hunt down legit yarrs.

It should work. I had to reinstall TS3 through Origin when I built a new PC, since I had originally purchased it through EADM (I know, HUGE mistake). Running the 1.67 super patch downgraded the install so that Origin is no longer required.

Keeping this here for when Titlights forgets that it doesn't have anything better to do than hang out at MATY.
MrsCrumplebottom
Blathering Buffoon

Shadilay!

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2017 May 04, 18:12:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For me it's a toss-up between 2 and 3.  Tried the free trial for 4, and I agree, it's a Facebook/mobile game, just for PC.  I didn't mind CAS but actual game play...well, if the base game comes down in price to, say, $10, then MAYBE....

Now for TS3...1.69 has the expansion and stuff pack manager, doesn't it?  I've personally never had an issue with it (running Windows 10, don't know if that's relevant).  I actually like that feature, since IMO most of the TS3 expansions don't integrate as well as TS2's do unless you make custom worlds.  And one of these days I may take another stab at figuring out CAW.

REEEEEE!!!
Starler
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2017 May 05, 22:06:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you know that "sheeple" was recently canonized by Merriam-Webster? The last post just made me think of that, but I can't quite put my finger on why.

FAEK ETA: Poofs, if you move the post above mine to make it look like I double posted, so help me, I'll take this all the way to the Cheese forum!

Bugger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2017 May 06, 21:07:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you know that "sheeple" was recently canonized by Merriam-Webster? The last post just made me think of that, but I can't quite put my finger on why.

FAEK ETA: Poofs, if you move the post above mine to make it look like I double posted, so help me, I'll take this all the way to the Cheese forum!

The cheese forum has developed a funny smell. Probably due to lack of cheese nazi minding the stock.

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2017 May 07, 04:45:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heh, Starler, the posts refuse to change their post order. I should complain about that in the cheese forum if I were you. The cheese nazi is waiting for you. She's sniffing things and looking very grumpy.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: 2017 May 07, 04:48:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The cheese forum has developed a funny smell. Probably due to lack of cheese nazi minding the stock.

Hey, you want fresh cheese, I need more whines.

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione.
My Sims 2 Stuff @  MTS | Populate My City
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2017 July 08, 08:02:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just got the Sims 4 ,so I am still learning how to play it. I still play Sims 2 UC.

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
Avalikia
Furry Lover
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2017 July 08, 08:42:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got the Sims 4, but I didn't like it so I don't play it.  Instead I managed to get my copy of the original Sims working (which was hard because I have a modern gaming PC running Windows 10).

All generalizations are false, including this one.
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2017 July 08, 10:30:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got the Sims 4, but I didn't like it so I don't play it.  Instead I managed to get my copy of the original Sims working (which was hard because I have a modern gaming PC running Windows 10).
I haven't played the original Sims, since Sims 2 came out in 2004. I am running windows 10 so I doubt with my lack of computer skills it would even work.Istill have all the discs.  Grin

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
Avalikia
Furry Lover
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2017 July 09, 02:23:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I actually have the Sims 2 as well, and have that working on this computer too.

That was actually harder to get to work than the original Sims - for that I just had to make it run in admin mode and windowed, but display at the maximum size it can (which is still much smaller than the screen size of a modern monitor), and you also need to Ctrl+Alt+Delete, then cancel, after it loads or all you can see is a black box even though the game loaded.

That was nothing compared to Sims 2, where the main difficulty is that I have each individual expansion instead of some sort of complete set combo.  That means that in order to install each expansion the previous expansion needs to be updated to the latest patches.  But though said patches are provided on the disc, they refuse to install.  So I ended up trying to overwrite my installation for each expansion with the files from my archived Sims 2 game from the pre-Sims 3 era, and that worked somehow.  I'm convinced that short of something like that or hackery beyond my skills, it's probably impossible to install Sims 2 on a modern PC unless you have the all-in-one combo set.

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2017 July 09, 06:20:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

FYI: I have a modern PC but run Win7. I can install and update Sims 2 with no problems.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Avalikia
Furry Lover
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2017 July 09, 11:40:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah I'm pretty sure that the fault is with Windows 10 not playing nicely with the older-than-dirt patching program and not with the PC hardware being too uber.

Bugger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2017 July 24, 22:27:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm running 2 and The Pudding on Windows 10. I don't have a single combo set, so it does take forever to install everything but is running fine so far.

AnarchyBlues
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2017 July 26, 12:31:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there any way to enable the event challenges? Found a bunch of unlockers for the rewards, but nothing for the actual events.
Zaleth
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2018 April 25, 05:11:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I Play Sims 4, I do like it and building is a lot better in 4 than other versions.  I have taken to rebuilding all worlds/cities then playing with the help of mods and tons of CC.  I still occasionally play 2 and 3 when they are not lagging on me.  Thus far no lag in 4 not even with my 10 gigs of CC.

Skadi
Mushroom Girl
Senator

Spiderkiller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: 2018 July 01, 03:02:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm still playing 4, thankfully I have enough ramz to handle the CC.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2018 July 09, 02:06:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But did you WIN MUSHROOMS?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Zazu
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2018 July 11, 04:49:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I never bought Sims 4. I am holding out for Sims 5. I hear it's going to be a great deal better, and they will be announcing it this year.

G'day Tiger! I played TS4 for an hour or so once. It's a mobile game for your phone. I still play TS3.
ETA: Tsen wants to know if there is not enough squid for you.

And g'day Aggie!

Oh look who we have here. It's the one who made MATY boring. Proud of yourself?
« Last Edit: 2018 July 11, 05:17:05 by Zazu » Logged
Spode
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2018 October 19, 04:10:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There are still players and active community of simmers for this game.

It has grown since it's release though there are those who always find something to hate about it.

What is sort of toxic is how most content creators now are starting to think they are some sort of artist thinking that they should have their content protected and even profit off of it. They are just people who make content for a video game. I'm surprised we haven't seen an increase in paysites during this iteration of the franchise.

Either way, The Sims 4 is still a decent game that offers a wide array of new gameplay experiences even though it still lacks what previous installments held.

Plus for those who still want to play The Sims 3, but hate how it requires a monster of a machine even if they had the luck. This game provides a decent alternative alongside The Sims 2.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: