More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 08:39:46

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS4: The Pee-ening
| |-+  Insert Amusing Name Here
| | |-+  Sooo, Does Anyone Play This Game?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Sooo, Does Anyone Play This Game?  (Read 53309 times)
Aggie
Smackable Punbot
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Sooo, Does Anyone Play This Game?
« on: 2017 February 23, 20:56:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Call me nuts but I actually really like The Sims 4, especially now that they have a certain non-existent lifestage and blood suckers. Does anyone else on here actually play it and is willing to admit it?
« Last Edit: 2017 February 24, 00:08:36 by Aggie » Logged

Quote from: Esoteric PolarBear
"I don't believe in the edit button; it goes against the very core of my being."
RogueSkinner
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Sooo, Does Anyone Play This Game?
« Reply #1 on: 2017 February 24, 00:04:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I play it.  but no where near as much as I did 3.  in fact, I still find myself firing up 3 more frequently.  but 4 seems to finally be finding a stride
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2017 February 25, 04:59:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, hey, it's Smackable Punbot. Where have you been? I haven't smacked you in awhile.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Aggie
Smackable Punbot
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2017 February 25, 12:36:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Been busy playing other stuff and dealing with family drama.  Tongue

Also: I hope I didn't break the site. Not long after I posted this thread I kept getting an error 500 message.

"I don't believe in the edit button; it goes against the very core of my being."
rmaddzoo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2017 February 25, 23:48:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I also have been getting the 505 error. Undecided
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2017 February 26, 06:44:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The server is running on a potato ATM and tends to seize up at random. THAT'S WHY YOU NEED TO SHOW UP SO I CAN SMACK YOU MORE.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
AnarchyBlues
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2017 February 26, 07:21:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hipster shit.
Sita
Titlights
Retarded Reprobate

I YAM what I YAM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2017 February 26, 13:40:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Server running on a potato sounds good, environment-friendly tech! Please share!

Seriously, I'm glad it still works.

Crash
Dimwitted Dunce

INFJ WTF?

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2017 February 26, 15:12:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, I play. The toddlers were certainly a shock, because they just dropped them without as much as a hint or a leak or anything. They're actually well done, some say even better than the other life stages. I do think people play, they just hang out on other sites because this site is in sleepy mode.

Don't argue with an idiot. He will just drag you down to his level, then beat you with experience.
AnarchyBlues
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2017 February 26, 19:41:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The toddlers were certainly a shock, because they just dropped them without as much as a hint or a leak or anything. They're actually well done, some say even better than the other life stages.

And it only took not-Maxis three years to implement them. I wish that meant we'll be getting CASt and open world eventually, but sadly those features require actual work...
Aggie
Smackable Punbot
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2017 February 26, 22:41:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm surprised that Pescado isn't interested in playing the cracked version since there are a few murder and mayhem mods out for the game that are rather well done. Some features that I've seen are: drowning in your own pee, embarrass a sim to death, and a Chucky mod that allows the toddler to set things on fire and literally stab a sim to death using an actual knife and results in a bloody stab wound and the immediate death of the victim.

AnarchyBlues
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2017 February 27, 20:32:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm surprised that Pescado isn't interested in playing the cracked version since there are a few murder and mayhem mods out for the game that are rather well done.

Probably because people don't seem eager to crack it. I haven't tried too hard because frankly, it's just a mobile game that somehow found it's way onto PC instead, but I've yet to find a crack for the latest version (toddlers and vampires). There's also the fact that every update seems to make many script mods unusable.
flowerchile
Bonghit Jones
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2017 February 28, 01:05:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Some features that I've seen are: drowning in your own pee, embarrass a sim to death, and a Chucky mod that allows the toddler to set things on fire and literally stab a sim to death using an actual knife and results in a bloody stab wound and the immediate death of the victim.

These sound way cool but still not enough to tempt me to play. I tried; oh how I tried but after 3, I felt the whole cartoony vibe and loading screens to be a massive step back. Do not want.

I went outside once...the graphics were shit.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2017 February 28, 13:49:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm surprised that Pescado isn't interested in playing the cracked version
Have you even TRIED getting an up-to-date version of the game? It's basically impossible.

since there are a few murder and mayhem mods out for the game that are rather well done. Some features that I've seen are: drowning in your own pee, embarrass a sim to death, and a Chucky mod that allows the toddler to set things on fire and literally stab a sim to death using an actual knife and results in a bloody stab wound and the immediate death of the victim.
That's not really my thing. What's MISSING from the game is the opportunity for Sims to generally fight and have utterly dysfunctional relationships like seen in TS2's Awesomeland. No handbag walloping. No Punbot-smacking.

AnarchyBlues
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2017 February 28, 16:29:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you even TRIED getting an up-to-date version of the game? It's basically impossible.

Which seems to be more due to lack of interest than anything else. I'll never understand why companies spend so much on expensive DRM like Denuvo. Best way to protect your game against piracy: make it unappealing AF.

That's not really my thing. What's MISSING from the game is the opportunity for Sims to generally fight and have utterly dysfunctional relationships like seen in TS2's Awesomeland. No handbag walloping. No Punbot-smacking.

Polygamy seems to be an option. It loses most of it's charm due to the fact that you can max out your relationship with someone in less than half a day though (right from the start, no OP charisma skill or anything like in The Sims 3).
Aggie
Smackable Punbot
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2017 February 28, 22:57:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Point taken.

Eh, I can see that. It does have a few mean interactions that may be appealing (tranquilizing handshake for one), but not a heck of a lot, admittedly. Have not yet had the chutzpah to play a sim that Hates Kids and have them Crush Toddler's Dreams yet, though.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2017 March 01, 14:34:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Eh, I can see that. It does have a few mean interactions that may be appealing (tranquilizing handshake for one), but not a heck of a lot, admittedly. Have not yet had the chutzpah to play a sim that Hates Kids and have them Crush Toddler's Dreams yet, though.
I tried to do that with my own kid, but it is too much like its parents and is as cynical as we are. How the hell do you crush the dreams of a kid that wants to be a tax attorney?

Aggie
Smackable Punbot
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2017 March 06, 03:51:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried to do that with my own kid, but it is too much like its parents and is as cynical as we are. How the hell do you crush the dreams of a kid that wants to be a tax attorney?

Ahh, so you *do* have a kid by now. Congrats!

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2017 March 06, 12:24:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Show up so I can smack you. Plus La Butt needs a nemesis, she has turned into a crapsack.

nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2017 March 11, 20:06:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I play it, although I usually spend more time building than "playing".
Tigerlilley
Hentaibait
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2017 March 17, 06:22:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I downloaded the CAS demo and am super close to getting the game. I'm still.... not entirely convinced though.

<Inge> Yes, at my age it is hard to tell whether something I am saying will make me look incontinent

AnarchyBlues
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2017 March 20, 13:09:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I downloaded the CAS demo and am super close to getting the game. I'm still.... not entirely convinced though.

What do you need to convince you not to buy this terrible game?
Tigerlilley
Hentaibait
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2017 March 20, 22:09:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What do you need to convince you not to buy this terrible game?

Haha well... I got the trial too! No burglars, no firefighters, no cars? No newspaper for a job you just... Choose a career. No significant memories or anything... It's so basic,  holy shit. Re-downloaded sims2.

<Inge> Yes, at my age it is hard to tell whether something I am saying will make me look incontinent

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2017 March 21, 04:44:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

G'day Tiger! I played TS4 for an hour or so once. It's a mobile game for your phone. I still play TS3.
ETA: Tsen wants to know if there is not enough squid for you.

And g'day Aggie!

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Tigerlilley
Hentaibait
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2017 March 21, 06:34:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is indeed a lack of squid.

Also hello!

Dude, I tried TS3 but can't get past the pudding people. The open world thing is nice but its not a seller for me.

Someone who isn't EA needs to remake this game.

Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: