More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 21:32:53

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Facts & Strategery
| | |-+  Has TSR changed its coding?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Has TSR changed its coding?  (Read 26902 times)
Sita
Titlights
Retarded Reprobate

I YAM what I YAM

View Profile WWW
Has TSR changed its coding?
« on: 2017 January 20, 21:50:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I downloaded a while load of frocks by Ekinege from TSR tonight. I tried to decrapify them, which works alla time for other stuff, and then use Multi Installer to unzip them, gave me many errors and wouldn't let me use them as packages.

Is there some other secret magic I need to know? Has TSR changed its coding? Is the moon made of Stilton and does Ambular know?

Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
Re: Has TSR changed its coding?
« Reply #1 on: 2017 January 25, 20:01:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think the only thing I remember having to decrapify is EA store files.  TSR stuff got run through some process of Pes's before it got put in the Booty, IIRC, but I don't think it was the decrapifier, was it?  I could be wrong, it's been a while.

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione.
My Sims 2 Stuff @  MTS | Populate My City
Sita
Titlights
Retarded Reprobate

I YAM what I YAM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2017 January 26, 01:05:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks. I THOUGHT the advice was to decrapify everything, an install it as packages. I musta been wrong.

Painkiller
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2017 February 13, 17:28:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think you're mixing it up because of the watermarks used by TSR - decrapifying removes them. But then who cares for these watermarks anyway and specially not anymore.
Sita
Titlights
Retarded Reprobate

I YAM what I YAM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2017 February 14, 12:48:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, yes, but I have some TSR downloads that were free (someone bought me a couple of months of sub) and I want to install them, so they have not come via the Booty. And I don't want ANY TSR watermarks or any other crud in my game.

So my original question stands; has the "watermarking" that they used to add to files to supposedly prevent piracy, has this changed? As I said, I USED to be able to decrap TSR stuff, then turn it into packages and install. Now it won't do that. I have 1.67 and updated everything to that point.

I know it's a long shot asking for anything here but I was hoping maybe someone would be alive still.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2017 February 14, 16:53:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To the best of my knowledge, TSR went free ages ago, so there is no "piracy" or useful marking involved. Decrapifying is concerned with specific forms of crap that I am not aware of being present in TSR, as crap tends to prevent the item from being installed via launcher, but not from being installed by hand as loose files. Doing this with a TSR file will not produce any helpful results and may break the file.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: