More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 10:31:13

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Dancing and Fitness - Hack wanted
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Dancing and Fitness - Hack wanted  (Read 13068 times)
Countess
baratron
Heretic
Knuckleheaded Knob

I love Pokemon! Thus I am a Heretic!

View Profile WWW
Dancing and Fitness - Hack wanted
« on: 2005 December 14, 21:38:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK. I have some sims with low Active points. They dance all the time. But they still get fat really easily.

This annoys me! I hate having to constantly put them on the treadmill or running over the assault course or in the swimming pool just because of their genetics, when they're dancing all the time. I think dancing should count as exercise! If a sim dances for a couple of hours, this should improve his Fitness. Shouldn't it? Especially if he's a really good dancer - what they're doing looks like exercise to me. Even more so if they're Smustling and getting stinky.

Right now, I am not sure what the game does. I think that dancing has no effect on Fitness at all. If it does, the effect is minimal, and so low you don't actually notice it. I would like a hack to improve this. If one exists, please point me at it. Otherwise I am requesting that one gets made Smiley.

Thanks Cheesy.

* Pescado is batshit crazy, and thus it's not safe to say what he could or would do. Tongue

Pescado: You're a weird and freaky Baratron.
Pescado: Also, all Baratrons suck.

Read my Sims 2 stories!
SciBirg
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
Re: Dancing and Fitness - Hack wanted
« Reply #1 on: 2005 December 14, 22:05:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah! What she said! I want it too!  Cheesy
Try dancing merengue for an hour and see how your waistline feels (oweee!!!) afterwards.

I could almost see it shrinking like in the sims.... Shocked

INTJ
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 December 14, 22:12:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ooh, I'd like to see this too.   Smiley I currently have all the game music set on mute (it's mildly amusing to see them dancing in silence, but it's better than listening to that awful music).  I've been too lazy to bother trying to replace it with my own.
cheriem
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 December 14, 22:35:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't replace the music.  I would have to have an MP3 player to replace the music and all I have is Windows Media Player.  I put in a support ticket and was told that was the reason I couldn't get the music I replaced to play.

phedge
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 December 15, 00:17:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK. I have some sims with low Active points. They dance all the time. But they still get fat really easily.

Try installing Pescado's noeatcrap mod.  From what I read it will prevent your sims from overeating which is why they lose fitness points.
reggikko
Axe Murderer
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 December 15, 00:39:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try installing Pescado's noeatcrap mod.  From what I read it will prevent your sims from overeating which is why they lose fitness points.

If they have low active points the hack doesn't prevent them from overeating.
Renatus
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 December 15, 00:41:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought it was pretty ridiculous that dancing doesn't do anything for body skill or fitness in the game - as a regular night club goer, I can say it sure as hell does in real life! I'd also enjoy a hack that made it so that dancing does improve at least fitness.

Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 December 15, 01:20:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

DITTO!!!!

My Sims all liston to Pink, Madonna, Ozzy Osbourne an a bunch of others  Cool

cheriem - can't you download the free version of MusicMatch Jukebox?
you can get old free versions of it here http://www.oldversion.com/program.php?n=mmatch

I've used version 7.50  for years (I don't care for the newer ones, to bloated with crap I don't need)
JeanMaas
Asinine Airhead

Just dreaming

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 December 15, 01:31:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

oh i just don't leave food around ready to be eaten. that prevents a lot. only when they are close by the refriguator they sometimes decide to eat when they are not hungry. oh, and if they decide to eat when they are hungry i check what they eat, so that they don't eat something that fills them up too mutch.

strangely enouth my sims don't dance a lot, love to see them do that. if i order them to do that they are quiet fast done with it. ha, often they put the radio on and off again. well, dancing is a form of exercise, so it would be nice if they gain points with it. allthouh my sims ... most of them have no problem with the fitnessmachine, some of them even enjoys it. and it is the fasted restorer of their fitness, as far as i know without having the ep's.

jean
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 December 15, 01:35:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is a hack at Simslice (pay site) - a picture, that makes all sims at the lot fit (doesn't add body points, just fitness).

http://www.simslice.com/index.htm
JeanMaas
Asinine Airhead

Just dreaming

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 December 15, 01:40:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

oh is there a hack for, wow. anyway testingcheats has the option to make them fat or thin. haven't tryed it though.

jean
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2005 December 15, 01:58:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've always thought it was weird that dancing didn't improve their fitness, bearing in mind it's one of the best forms of exercise in existence.  I have some Sims who've been dancing since they were toddlers - they danced their way through Uni and still dance as elders.  They have maxed-out dancing skill, but still don't gain any fitness from it.  Very strange.

There are two paintings on MTS2, one that makes Sims fit and one that makes them fit, fat or in-between, they just have to look at the picture.  Here's a link to the 3-in-1 version:
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=107856

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
astraled
Asinine Airhead

Minty Fresh!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 December 15, 04:49:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There are several free objects that adjust fitness.

Way back in the day, I had a hack that increased fitness through gardening. I miss that hack.

phedge
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 December 15, 05:33:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here is my old noovereating hack.  It will stop you from overeating regardless of activity.

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?topic=2317.0
idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005 December 15, 06:15:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's not so much the getting fat that bothers me personally, but rather that an activity which *should* be boosting body and fitness, doesn't. I for one would also much appreciate such a hack.
Renatus
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2005 December 15, 10:39:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's not so much the getting fat that bothers me personally, but rather that an activity which *should* be boosting body and fitness, doesn't. I for one would also much appreciate such a hack.

Exactly. I don't particularly care if the sim insists on overeating, but I do care that dancing doesn't do anything but look amusing and possibly qualify teenagers for scholarships.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2005 December 15, 14:17:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll look into the possibility of making the smustle fitness-improving.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2005 December 15, 18:01:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you JM, everyone here is right, dancing does increase fitness in real life. I have a friend doing the Jazzercise thing, and boy do they get a workout doing their dance routines. Makes me and my measly crosstrainer look like a slowpoke and a slacker offer.

The jazzercise and the aerobics workouts do look a lot like the smustle thing as well.

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2005 December 15, 18:47:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think he chose the smustle to look into simply because he likes watching his Sims do the Smustle (to classical music, no less).  Cheesy
idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2005 December 15, 18:51:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How bout the "dance together" option? I've seen them doing backflips w/ that one.
wishy-washy
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2005 December 15, 18:56:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How bout the "dance together" option? I've seen them doing backflips w/ that one.

I agree. That way you could build dance skill and body skill at the same time. Would that even work? Huh

Be your own fish.
eaglezero
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2005 December 15, 19:12:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I agree. That way you could build dance skill and body skill at the same time. Would that even work? Huh

It would be convenient if it did -- that way sim teens could work on two scholarships at once!

"If at first you don't succeed, try again. Then quit. No use being a damn fool about it."
- WC Fields
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: 2005 December 15, 19:32:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wonder if you could make a hack for the smustle so it doesn't increase social if they are dancing solo-that really ticks me off Sad

syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: 2005 December 20, 06:55:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Alright hookers, you can grab my mod here. I left Smustle untouched since His Most Awesome One has already proclaimed that he will be updating the Skillinator for that. Wink

Test, Play, Enjoy, and report back, please!

Oh, and I'd like feedback on the motive decay. Is it too much, or not enough? Let me know, so I can keep it somewhat balanced, since you are essentially building 3 skills at the same time.  Kiss

Ste

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2005 December 20, 08:41:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Alright hookers, you can grab my mod here. I left Smustle untouched since His Most Awesome One has already proclaimed that he will be updating the Skillinator for that. Wink

Test, Play, Enjoy, and report back, please!

Oh, and I'd like feedback on the motive decay. Is it too much, or not enough? Let me know, so I can keep it somewhat balanced, since you are essentially building 3 skills at the same time.  Kiss

Ste
I am going to check this out!
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: