More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 23:49:27

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Nannies Invasion...:)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Nannies Invasion...:)  (Read 13626 times)
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
Re: Nannies Invasion...:)
« Reply #25 on: 2005 August 07, 02:11:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And the reason the elders all live there is because the REAL problem is not actually the number of sims, but the number of families: Each additional family adds extra drag weight on the playing of the neighborhood
Are you saying now then that it doesn't matter how many character files we have, but how many FAMILIES?  Oddly enough, I have been doing exactly the same thing as you.  I also have a one-child policy (except I do allow Family Sims to have 2 - I always marry two Family Sims if I can to avoid spreading the 2-children families) and recently I have started merging households.  For example, the two Pleasant sisters now live together in the Pleasant house with the respective spouses (all getting close to the end now) and I've just moved-in Dustin's eldest daughter.  Her sister has her own house, but I may move their brother into the Pleasant house.  It also makes it easier to keep siblings ageing chronologically. 

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Oddysey
Nitwitted Nuisance

Robotic Baby Harp Seal!

View Profile
Re: Nannies Invasion...:)
« Reply #26 on: 2005 August 07, 13:44:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Besides, what's the point of filling in everyone's SimBio, "This is So-and-So. He is mean, and likes to scowl. Do not feed him."

The point is that you can make one sim who is not mean and does not like to scowl, and everyone else will make his life miserable for dramatic effect.

This business about the number of families: is this a game issue or a personal preference? Is it the number of families or the number of sims that causes the game to explode? I can see how having a large number of families would make gameplay rather slow if one was keeping them all in synch, but does it have any negative effect on the game's internal operation?
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: