More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 22:16:40

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Could you take a look at this error log?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Could you take a look at this error log?  (Read 5019 times)
GloamingMerle
Corpulent Cretin

Just say "NO" to Womrats!

View Profile WWW
Could you take a look at this error log?
« on: 2005 August 06, 05:01:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had this problem before, right around the time that the Varioussimmers fiasco started, so I'm guessing Pescado never saw it (It was in Jeff's area). Anyway, I got tired of waiting and just ditched the neighborhood. Now it's popping up again in another neighborhood..

Quick rundown of the scenario: Sim calls NPC (Not all lots are affected at once), when NPC is due to arrive I get bombarded by error messages.. Reset will not work, delete fixes the error-go-round unless it's the type of NPC that persistently re-spawns like the Nanny or.... Social Worker (that sucked, let me tell you.).. In the end, they never show up.

What I've tried: Remove otherworldly loiterers, AWOL Headmaster (figured it couldn't hurt), there was no option to remove stuck bills (which I've heard can fix other things).. Force error on random thing to reset. Inge's Teleporter Shrub to clear visitors... Nothing worked.

The only things that set these two neighborhoods apart from others in my game is that both had Townies and/or NPCs deleted... In the first neighborhood I used 'deleteallcharacters' for some fresh faces.. In this newly afflicted one, I deleted the townies only, as I assumed the error (in that other neighborhood) had been caused by the game trying to re-spawn NPCs specifically. I'm also using the no spawn townies in this new neighborhood.
« Last Edit: 2005 August 06, 10:11:03 by J. M. Pescado » Logged

dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
Re: Could you take a look at this error log?
« Reply #1 on: 2005 August 06, 08:28:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Interesting. So, you're getting the Tree Break in 'Sub - Start at Car Portal' also?

The Portal bandit strikes again!  Smiley

My solution: move family to family bin and bulldoze.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 August 06, 10:10:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, this is the "portal bandit" bug. Something is stealing the portals from the game, and the game barfs when the portal is missing. The only way to resolve this is to either replace the missing portal object, or try movein/moveout to rebuild the lot. Isn't there a hacked collection somewhere with the Portal in it?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
GloamingMerle
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2005 August 06, 11:37:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks a bunch, guys. I never would have guessed that would be the issue. Missing car portals, huh. Well, I found portal replacers and instructions on using them to fix this problem. Here's a link to the thread if anyone is interested:

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=79045&highlight=car+portal

I'll let you know if it works.

Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 August 06, 11:43:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Won't it clash with the "carpoolfix" of JM which I use from the beginning of TS2?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 August 06, 18:35:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, the carpool fix is unrelated to the portal bandit. The carpool fix handles loading and unloading of stopped vehicles, not the part where the vehicle arrives.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
buddha pest
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 August 06, 21:31:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ohhhh. i was having the exact same problem, and this fixed mine.

i wondered when someone would make something like this. cause i remember inge or somebody had a flamingo that fixed the car portal in ts1.

i hadn't wanted to bulldoze the particular lot this was happening on because it's the maxis-made house in strangetown with the deep weird basement which i like to stick the babies and childrens in. and i'm too lazy/suck too much at building to bother making something like that on my own.
GloamingMerle
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2005 August 07, 04:15:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Worked like a charm for me too. I'm so relieved. I really didn't want to bulldoze Bob & Betty's house!  Cheesy

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: