More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 23:25:01

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Barrel Stands (and other weird desires)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Barrel Stands (and other weird desires)  (Read 47276 times)
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
Barrel Stands (and other weird desires)
« on: 2005 August 01, 00:17:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've noticed quite a few expansion-introduced wants in SimPE (in fact, a LOT) that NEVER come up for my Sims, one of which is to do a barrel stand.  What on earth is a barrel stand?  From what I can gather, it involves the punch bowl, but I've never seen an option to stand on it when I've clicked on it.  Is this yet another thing they were going to include but didn't?

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Barrel Stands (and other weird desires)
« Reply #1 on: 2005 August 01, 00:19:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm guessing it would have occurred back when the barrel was actually standable. In its current state, any attempt to stand on it would likely result in internal injuries. Probably why the want was sacked.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 August 01, 00:23:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've noticed quite a few expansion-introduced wants in SimPE (in fact, a LOT) that NEVER come up for my Sims, one of which is to do a barrel stand.  What on earth is a barrel stand?  From what I can gather, it involves the punch bowl, but I've never seen an option to stand on it when I've clicked on it.  Is this yet another thing they were going to include but didn't?

Well, a "keg stand" is a common "frat party" activity.  What happens is that some people will lift up the girl doing the "keg stand" and hold her body perpendicular or a little higher than the tap of the keg, and then she drinks from it.  It's just a party/weird activity.  I don't know what the point is.

Chris

Darkerdink -- aide to Dark_Trepie.  Now with moar dark!
Kitiara
Lipless Loser

boolprop IQTestingEnabledTrue

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 August 02, 06:40:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The point is to get as drunk as people while giving the frat brothers something to chant and cheer about, of course. Same as funneling, shot-gunning, and body shots.

I know too much about this asinine behaviour. I think I'll go read Dorothy Parker and go to bed now.

I would like to ease the minds of anyone that thinks that I am ignoring them. You are not paranoid.
I am not normal. I have never met a normal person. I disbelieve in such mythical creatures.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 August 02, 11:51:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

and to scrape the bottom of the barrel (sorry), New Zealand can contribute The Penguin. Once seen, never forgotten. I saw it demo'd at a phys ed'ers party many years ago.

One person projectile vomits, another tries to catch the vomit in their mouth.

I only ever attended one phys ed party.

Edit: Sorry, alzheimers, it's called the Pelican, not the penguin.
« Last Edit: 2005 August 02, 12:25:36 by witch » Logged

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Trubble
Ferret Impersonator
Terrible Twerp

:P

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 August 02, 11:58:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Call me stupid... what punchbowl? I don't recall there actually being one in the game, in fact I'm almost certain. Unless like some other things I've noticed, that was missed out of the UK version?

A proud thread pirate.
Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 August 02, 12:02:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Call me stupid... what punchbowl? I don't recall there actually being one in the game, in fact I'm almost certain. Unless like some other things I've noticed, that was missed out of the UK version?

There is one in UNI.  It looks like a giant pineapple with a tap.  It sits on the floor.  They drink it out of those disposable red cups that they leave everywhere or they drink straight out of the tap.

Chris

Darkerdink -- aide to Dark_Trepie.  Now with moar dark!
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 August 02, 12:02:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not a punch bowl, more like a beer keg with fruit all over it, sits on the ground.
What things were not included with the UK version?

nothingbutsims
« Reply #8 on: 2005 August 02, 12:08:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That was actually done at a party?!  God, I would hurl just knowing someone was doing such a thing  Shocked
Trubble
Ferret Impersonator
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 August 02, 12:13:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh right, the juice bar - got it. Got confused the the "punch bowl" idea, I was thinking like in TS1

The only thing that springs to mind, witch, was this coffee table in a star shape (I'm guessing it was a 4x4 table) with a glass middle. I know there is a smaller one (1x1) which I suppose one could arange in a star, but I was led to believe this was a unique item and not custom made.

I just assumed there was more,  I remember things like TS1s Livin' Large/Livin' it Up the gazebo thing and the bridges etc weren't included in the UK version.

A proud thread pirate.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 August 02, 12:28:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That was actually done at a party?!  God, I would hurl just knowing someone was doing such a thing  Shocked
Yes. These were university students, albeit physical education ones. They had a huge plastic barrel in the corner for people to vomit in as well. That party was one of the most repulsive things I've ever seen. I stayed about 15 mins or less & had to leave.

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 August 02, 12:30:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh right, the juice bar - got it. Got confused the the "punch bowl" idea, I was thinking like in TS1

The only thing that springs to mind, witch, was this coffee table in a star shape (I'm guessing it was a 4x4 table) with a glass middle. I know there is a smaller one (1x1) which I suppose one could arange in a star, but I was led to believe this was a unique item and not custom made.

I just assumed there was more,  I remember things like TS1s Livin' Large/Livin' it Up the gazebo thing and the bridges etc weren't included in the UK version.
Hmm, I've got triangular bedside tables but no star shaped table, not without using 'moveobjects on' to put two objects together. Maybe that's what you've seen? MikeInside put two of the triangular end tables together to create a star shape table in one of his houses I think.

Mind you, I don't remember bridges in sims1, I wonder if we get the UK version here? The cars drive on the right though if they're not corrected in the userstartup.cheats.

Trubble
Ferret Impersonator
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 August 02, 12:33:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nope, it's not that one. It really was a coffee table, but perhaps it was custom made. I'll have to see if I can hunt out the screenshot though it was some time ago.

A proud thread pirate.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2005 August 02, 13:35:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I read somewhere that there are no differences between the US version and the UK version and I can believe that.  I've had to change all the spellings myself in SimPE because they drove me crazy and if it's a UK version, we would have neighbourhoods, not neighborhoods, just like we'd have had storeys in TS1 instead of stories.  This just smacks of pure laziness on Maxis' part to me. 

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Trubble
Ferret Impersonator
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005 August 02, 13:46:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah well, I'm talking crap then.

And you're right about "neighborhoods", I never noticed that before.

A proud thread pirate.
Venusy
Dead Member

Despite the name, I am male.Do not call me "miss".

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2005 August 02, 13:50:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You could try Pescado's Engrish fixes here.

"They say only the good die young. If that works both ways, I'm immortal."

ISTP - Independent, concise in speech, master of tools.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2005 August 02, 14:07:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

and to scrape the bottom of the barrel (sorry), New Zealand can contribute The Penguin. Once seen, never forgotten. I saw it demo'd at a phys ed'ers party many years ago.

I only ever attended one phys ed party.

Edit: Sorry, alzheimers, it's called the Pelican, not the penguin.

Grossssssssssssssssssssssss...
I had a friend in college who told me that as part of their initiation into the fraternity, the pledges would all have to lie down next to each other and a frat member would crack a raw egg into the first guy's mouth. That guy would have to transfer (spit) the egg into the next guy's mouth, and on down the line. This was years before Fear Factor!

Anyone ever heard of the upside-down marguerita table, or is that something my frat (I was a little sister to a fraternity) brothers invented? Talk about your stupid get drunk quick game! You'd be tied to a wooden plank which tilts backwards, and the person running the thing would have the mixer in one hand and the tequila in the other and pour it directly into your mouth. I, too, know a little too much about this binge-drinking game stuff. Ahem. My child will have a tough time trying to pull the wool over my eyes when he's in college, though. That's my silver lining.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2005 August 02, 16:25:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only difference between the Yankee Slang and proper English versions of TS2 I have found is the AM/PM vs normal clock.
LK
Terrible Twerp

Humanity can suck my hard drive

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: 2005 August 02, 17:34:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I read somewhere that there are no differences between the US version and the UK version and I can believe that.  I've had to change all the spellings myself in SimPE because they drove me crazy and if it's a UK version, we would have neighbourhoods, not neighborhoods, just like we'd have had storeys in TS1 instead of stories.  This just smacks of pure laziness on Maxis' part to me. 

"Storeys??"  What's wrong with you people?!  Tongue

http://www.thesporum.net
The First, The Original, The Best
Trubble
Ferret Impersonator
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2005 August 02, 17:37:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Storeys? Eh? I've never spelt it like that in my life...

A proud thread pirate.
LK
Terrible Twerp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: 2005 August 02, 17:39:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, then that's good.  Bene for you.

Trubble
Ferret Impersonator
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2005 August 02, 17:42:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ta much! Tongue

A proud thread pirate.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2005 August 02, 18:35:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only difference between the Yankee Slang and proper English versions of TS2 I have found is the AM/PM vs normal clock.
Yeah, that's pretty much it. I personally favor the UK version as a result, the clock in military time just works better for me.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: 2005 August 02, 19:31:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

STOREYS (sing. STOREY) is the correct version - like a lot of other words, that idiot Noah Webster changed the spellings (if you're American and don't know the reason, I won't tell you because it really isn't at all nice).  STORIES are things you tell your kids when they're in bed!

LK
Terrible Twerp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: 2005 August 02, 21:23:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

STOREYS (sing. STOREY) is the correct version - like a lot of other words, that idiot Noah Webster changed the spellings (if you're American and don't know the reason, I won't tell you because it really isn't at all nice).  STORIES are things you tell your kids when they're in bed!

I suppose you're right and all, since the Brits were using the language before us.  Nonetheless it is interesting.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'll go down to the first story and get a Coke.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: