More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 20:12:36

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Alternative method of patching pre-Generations add-ons?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Alternative method of patching pre-Generations add-ons?  (Read 8906 times)
AnarchyBlues
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Alternative method of patching pre-Generations add-ons?
« on: 2016 September 02, 13:25:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Long story short, I have a certain version of the game that the patches don't recognize. Is there any way to patch the pre-Generations add-ons without the use of official updates?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Alternative method of patching pre-Generations add-ons?
« Reply #1 on: 2016 September 05, 09:33:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Reinstall and then use a megapatch instead of incremental?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
AnarchyBlues
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2016 September 05, 12:04:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Reinstall and then use a megapatch instead of incremental?

I'm using a repack. It already comes with all the base game updates and the ones released after Generations. It's only missing the pre-Generations updates needed for early add-ons. Since it changes the registry the patches don't recognize the game as installed.
Levini
Corpulent Cretin

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2016 September 06, 17:36:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

PEBKAC. Obviously you're not following the repack's instructions, otherwise you'd be able to avoid the issues. Of course it could be the repack, but since you haven't stated what in the sam hell you're using, I'm concluding you're having issues because you didn't read or follow the instructions or even looked around for the necessity to use every sims 3 patch in existence to install your games.

You can get around the need to constantly patch or let the EP run an update by just downloading the Latest patch from the EA Website (Which you can do for an ARR'D game, but I will not google for you) , running it after installing Base & install the other EPs like normal.

I am a beacon of sin.
AnarchyBlues
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2016 September 07, 14:49:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

PEBKAC. Obviously you're not following the repack's instructions, otherwise you'd be able to avoid the issues. Of course it could be the repack, but since you haven't stated what in the sam hell you're using, I'm concluding you're having issues because you didn't read or follow the instructions or even looked around for the necessity to use every sims 3 patch in existence to install your games.

I have provided said information. The item in question is a repack. If further information is required regarding repacks (including what they are or what they do) I would recommend this site.

Among other things, a repack's purpose is to eliminate the need to install every single add-on or update for the game one at a time. Though I use it because it's the only "ARR'd" version of the game that is somewhat playable for me.

You can get around the need to constantly patch or let the EP run an update by just downloading the Latest patch from the EA Website (Which you can do for an ARR'D game, but I will not google for you) , running it after installing Base & install the other EPs like normal.

Standard patches do not work for most repacks as they can not locate the install directory, which is the case here.
Levini
Corpulent Cretin

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2016 September 07, 19:06:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow Sassy as fuck for someone who is incompetent as fuck.

I asked what repack, you dipshit. There's more than one repack in existence. Also, You're a fuckin idiot, because the mega patch does exactly the same thing you think a repack does. You use it after installing the Base and TA DA, ya don't need to patch to install the other games. But since you're too fuckin stupid to grasp that concept, let alone how to install with whatever repack you're using without running into whatever mess you got into, I expected that concept to go over your head and I suggest that your problem is your own stupidity.

I am a beacon of sin.
AnarchyBlues
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2016 September 07, 23:28:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I asked what repack, you dipshit. There's more than one repack in existence. Also, You're a fuckin idiot, because the mega patch does exactly the same thing you think a repack does. You use it after installing the Base and TA DA, ya don't need to patch to install the other games. But since you're too fuckin stupid to grasp that concept, let alone how to install with whatever repack you're using without running into whatever mess you got into, I expected that concept to go over your head and I suggest that your problem is your own stupidity.

I was not aware I had ordered the weak sauce.

The source of the repack is irrelevant. I have a game that can not be patched through conventional means. that is all the information you should need. And since text comprehension appears to be an issue, more information would probably only confuse even further.
Levini
Corpulent Cretin

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2016 September 08, 02:49:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The source of the repack is irrelevant. I have a game that can not be patched through conventional means. that is all the information you should need.

No it isn't and as the fucktard who can't get their game properly running, you have no place telling us what information you think we need in order to help you. There's more than one repack floating around the internet. All of them are different. Not knowing what specific repack you are using doesn't help us to help you get your game out of whatever fucked up nonsense you got it in.

And to top it off, you're a special case of stupid, because despite multitudes of people getting the repack you're using to work, you managed to royally fuck up your game and you have the audacity to come over here and demand we fix your mess for you and to have an attitude when asked for more information to help you. This shows that you're not only incapable of following basic instructions, but that you aren't worth the time wasted in helping you because you don't want to be helped. You want your hand held for you while everyone makes the problem go away without you putting in any effort to actually ARR! your games correctly. You are incompetent, you are over entitled, and you need to go fuck a chainsaw.

I am a beacon of sin.
AnarchyBlues
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2016 September 08, 11:25:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No it isn't and as the fucktard who can't get their game properly running, you have no place telling us what information you think we need in order to help you. There's more than one repack floating around the internet. All of them are different. Not knowing what specific repack you are using doesn't help us to help you get your game out of whatever fucked up nonsense you got it in.[

And to top it off, you're a special case of stupid, because despite multitudes of people getting the repack you're using to work, you managed to royally fuck up your game and you have the audacity to come over here and demand we fix your mess for you and to have an attitude when asked for more information to help you. This shows that you're not only incapable of following basic instructions, but that you aren't worth the time wasted in helping you because you don't want to be helped. You want your hand held for you while everyone makes the problem go away without you putting in any effort to actually ARR! your games correctly. You are incompetent, you are over entitled, and you need to go fuck a chainsaw.

Not sure what "fucked up nonsense" you are referring to. The repack works perfectly about as well as can be expected for The Sims 3, the author simply forgot to pack in the pre-Generations patches (they always do) and I am unable to install them normally as the registry data is different from that of the original game. These patches may or may not be necessary, I simply do not want to take chances as I remember World Adventures was quite buggy when it first released.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: