More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 11:23:27

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS4: The Pee-ening
| |-+  Insert Amusing Name Here
| | |-+  Sims4 is not gonna happen on here, is it?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Sims4 is not gonna happen on here, is it?  (Read 84485 times)
Two Eyed Cyclops
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Re: Sims4 is not gonna happen on here, is it?
« Reply #50 on: 2016 February 24, 00:51:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What gave it away?

Sarcasm! Tasty. I wasn't always butthurt, but when I do, it's a comedy movie scene.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2016 March 03, 11:19:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
RaeKira
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2016 March 05, 02:29:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

!!!

Hell yeah.
Levini
Corpulent Cretin

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2016 March 05, 02:46:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't wait to see what kind of awesomeness Pes shall put out.

*fingers crossed for an OMGWTFBBQ Remake*

I am a beacon of sin.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2016 March 05, 05:18:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The current thing I'm screwing around with is experimenting with time. All previous time-scale modifications to the game have had numerous issues: Twallan-style Relativity causes time-hiccups where the sun jitters in the sky, and generally breaks event scheduling by causing triggers to fire at the wrong times: When a trigger programmed to go off "3 hours later" goes off in the expected number of ticks, but time has been repeatedly rewound, the times are wrong. The other attempt I've seen results in the times for actions to not actually changing, so LENGTHY idle delays where your sim stares vapidly into space for no perceptibly obvious reason result, and the action still ends up taking a huge amount of time. Since nobody has really managed to do this WELL yet, I'm exploring my own options, and think I may have found something.

It has its own side effects, of course, but these may prove easier to overcome. Testing is underway. Or rather, testing WOULD be more underway, if this didn't greatly increase the number of annoyances-encountered-per-simday that must be squashed.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Levini
Corpulent Cretin

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2016 March 05, 06:00:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The current thing I'm screwing around with is experimenting with time. All previous time-scale modifications to the game have had numerous issues: Twallan-style Relativity causes time-hiccups where the sun jitters in the sky, and generally breaks event scheduling by causing triggers to fire at the wrong times: When a trigger programmed to go off "3 hours later" goes off in the expected number of ticks, but time has been repeatedly rewound, the times are wrong. The other attempt I've seen results in the times for actions to not actually changing, so LENGTHY idle delays where your sim stares vapidly into space for no perceptibly obvious reason result, and the action still ends up taking a huge amount of time. Since nobody has really managed to do this WELL yet, I'm exploring my own options, and think I may have found something.

It has its own side effects, of course, but these may prove easier to overcome. Testing is underway. Or rather, testing WOULD be more underway, if this didn't greatly increase the number of annoyances-encountered-per-simday that must be squashed.

Seems like an interesting thing to start out with and pick apart, I never myself noted the issues with Relativity in that sense, but I suppose it's because I didn't pay much attention myself when I played a lot, but in all if you can fix how game time flows without breaking things like the sky and event timers, then it's worth the extra symptoms to stomp out. If I may ask, what kind of annoyances are you seeing pop up with your attempt to fix it?

Also if I may ask, how are you faring with modding in S4? I know there's a bit more hoopage to jump through with S4Modding, so it's interesting to see how people adapt to them.

I am a beacon of sin.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2016 March 06, 05:41:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Seems like an interesting thing to start out with and pick apart
Well, it's not quite what I started OUT with. I started OUT by simply waving a hammer around randomly, breaking things just to see what would happen if I smashed a file in certain ways, without any intent of actually making a directed change, to see how they game would react if I inserted a file that was knowingly defective in specific ways, or deleted core game files. None of THOSE things are actually fit for mortal consumption.

I never myself noted the issues with Relativity in that sense, but I suppose it's because I didn't pay much attention myself when I played a lot, but in all if you can fix how game time flows without breaking things like the sky and event timers, then it's worth the extra symptoms to stomp out.
Well, yes, you know me. I'm extremely picky like that. That's why Awesomeware is made to the highest standards.

If I may ask, what kind of annoyances are you seeing pop up with your attempt to fix it?
Mostly of the "don't fucking do that, oh, hey, somebody made a thing for that already" and other EXTREMELY NITPICKY things that bug nobody except me.

Levini
Corpulent Cretin

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2016 March 06, 06:08:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, it's not quite what I started OUT with. I started OUT by simply waving a hammer around randomly, breaking things just to see what would happen if I smashed a file in certain ways, without any intent of actually making a directed change, to see how they game would react if I inserted a file that was knowingly defective in specific ways, or deleted core game files. None of THOSE things are actually fit for mortal consumption.
I figured that it wasn't the first thing you tried out and I half expected you probably tried to turn TS4 into a BFBVFS (and probably managed to do it). Have you seen that crazy thing though with custom TS4 script mods? The whole you have a main mod package and this weird TS4Script file in the same folder at all times. That shit seems like an interesting setup, but I personally find it another annoying thing to deal with.

Well, yes, you know me. I'm extremely picky like that. That's why Awesomeware is made to the highest standards.
I never questioned that. I liked your mods in TS2 and 3 because they fixed the bugs that I wanted fixed without all the silliness or specialness.

Mostly of the "don't fucking do that, oh, hey, somebody made a thing for that already" and other EXTREMELY NITPICKY things that bug nobody except me.
Well no one ever said it's bad to not have to work on things, always frees up time for new things to make.

It's cool to be seeing some vetran modders coming back. I'm hopeful that we'll see some awesome recreations of older and well done mods and some newly done ones.

I am a beacon of sin.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2016 March 06, 09:37:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, you don't really wanna know what kind of stuff we get fixated on for personal use, like the blinkenlights mod, an extremely detailed blinkenlights modification that conflicts with absolutely everything and is guaranteed to break every patch...

Levini
Corpulent Cretin

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2016 March 06, 15:30:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, you don't really wanna know what kind of stuff we get fixated on for personal use, like the blinkenlights mod, an extremely detailed blinkenlights modification that conflicts with absolutely everything and is guaranteed to break every patch...
So the fireworks show was good then. good to know  Tongue

I am a beacon of sin.
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2016 March 09, 23:57:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now that the FOJ is working with TS4, the question is, did he relent and install origin, or use one of the modified non-origin versions?

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
kalina
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2016 March 10, 00:53:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow! I am really happy that Pescado got the game!
The Sims 4 is the only game I am playing right now because the load times are much better than Sims 3 for example (and if I want to spend an hour playing, I don't need to spend half the time waiting for things to load) and because I still haven't gotten the Sims 2 installed on Windows 10... As of right now I am not using any mods and I have encountered issues with the clock running and all sims being stuck for (sim) hours. I think it happens most often during club gatherings. Am I seeing the same issues JM is describing?
Levini
Corpulent Cretin

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2016 March 10, 01:30:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now that the FOJ is working with TS4, the question is, did he relent and install origin, or use one of the modified non-origin versions?

Considering that EA tosses out patches because the wind blows, I would assume he'd have gotten it on Shitagain so he can keep himself able to fix/test issues every time EA farts out a patch.

IIRC the ARR'D versions seem to have gone longer between updates (The G4TW version is stuck back in December).

I am a beacon of sin.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2016 March 10, 02:05:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Given that this would A: Involve installing their spyware, and B: Allowing it to phone home, and worst of all, C: Paying MONEY, I ain't touching that shit. I will stick with Pirate Cat Edition.

Levini
Corpulent Cretin

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2016 March 10, 02:34:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well then! That was what I expected, but curiously thought about considering that EA patches because they saw their own shadow.
« Last Edit: 2016 March 10, 02:41:56 by Levini » Logged

I am a beacon of sin.
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: 2016 March 17, 10:42:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes I had the time mod in, but I couldn't cope with the going to work in the afternoon in the middle of the night any longer Smiley

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2016 March 17, 15:33:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh hey, you're still alive. What Gray Fatness be you up to?

Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: 2016 March 18, 17:09:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am trying to make a mod too.  It's very slow...

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
flamingoed up
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2016 April 27, 16:57:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As long as the FOJ includes the Soviet Russia seal of approval on his TS4 mods, - wherein the bolshie appliances use the sims, and not the other way round - then I'm totally "Red" and I'm totally Hammer & Sickle in.

In Soviet Russia, you do not use TS4. TS4 uses you...

Can't wait. I knew you'd get round to it eventually, FOJ. You always have been a key simmer. Resistance is (Was) futile...
Li'l Brudder
The Quitter
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2016 April 30, 22:15:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm a page too late for the reunion, but I'm getting back into sims now that I have a life again.  Seems like I missed a lot.
keirra
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2016 May 22, 05:38:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Li'l Brudder as I live and breath... oh.... anyway thought you were dead. Glad you're not.
Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: 2016 May 26, 04:58:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm a page too late for the reunion, but I'm getting back into sims now that I have a life again.  Seems like I missed a lot.

The Sims, or having a life?

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione.
My Sims 2 Stuff @  MTS | Populate My City
PlaidSquirrel
Juvenile Jackass

It Burns

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 2016 June 18, 20:56:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd tried to play Sims 4 before, and it looked okay, but in the end I found myself feeling pretty apathetic about it and dropped it pretty quickly. I reinstalled Sims 4 again today, felt a little more interested, and then decided to have a peek over here. Nice to know that this is apparently the year everyone decided to tinker with it again.

I look forward to seeing if Pescado ever rolls anything out for the masses.

"For what do we live, but to make sport for our neighbors, and laugh at them in our turn?" Jane Austen
"If you're going to wash your hands of it, use soap. Otherwise you're just moving the dirt around." Myself
"...You're fucked up, you talk like a fag, and your shit's all retarded." Idiocracy
nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2016 July 08, 00:35:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

With the shiny patch that was tossed in June, its all a bfbvfs anyway at the moment.
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: 2016 July 14, 12:32:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't have the patience to even start!  I was just about gathering up enthusiasm for it a couple months back and then I saw what was happening with the monthly patches and so many mods broken every time I thought sod it.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: