More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 07:04:21

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS4: The Pee-ening
| |-+  Insert Amusing Name Here
| | |-+  DVD base game, digital expansions?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: DVD base game, digital expansions?  (Read 5884 times)
Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
DVD base game, digital expansions?
« on: 2015 April 04, 15:45:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got a question from an acquaintance who is braver than I am, about whether it's possible to install digital Sims 4 expansions with a DVD copy of the base game or if she needs the digital base game as well.  Apparently this was an issue she ran into with The Sims 3.  Anybody know if she can do this, or is she screwed without the digital base game?
« Last Edit: 2015 April 04, 17:28:26 by Ambular » Logged

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione.
My Sims 2 Stuff @  MTS | Populate My City
KinwatsaZ
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: DVD base game, digital expansions?
« Reply #1 on: 2015 April 04, 17:16:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hello,
I have the DVD Premium edition of SIMS4,  and have received all patches, updates, packs and expansions digitally.   I bought the DVD version through Amazon even,  but upon registration at Origin  the game appeared in "My Games".   I can begin it from there every time and all new content appears in my game.   Hope this answers the question.   And the original DVD does not have to be in the drive.
Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2015 April 04, 17:26:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hello,
I have the DVD Premium edition of SIMS4,  and have received all patches, updates, packs and expansions digitally.   I bought the DVD version through Amazon even,  but upon registration at Origin  the game appeared in "My Games".   I can begin it from there every time and all new content appears in my game.   Hope this answers the question.   And the original DVD does not have to be in the drive.

Thanks, I think that's what she needs to know!

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione.
My Sims 2 Stuff @  MTS | Populate My City
Anach
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2015 April 04, 19:07:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You'll find that EA DVDs these days are simply download savers, as everything else (updates, registration) has to be done through Origin. You actually don't need the DVD at all, and just the registration key to activate it on Origin, where you can then download the digital copy. The same thing applies to DVDs that require Steam activation. It's a lot less confusing than when there were several different versions of the game, like there was with Sims 3.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: