More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 18, 09:59:31

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Two Apartment Life problems
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Two Apartment Life problems  (Read 8690 times)
FerDeLance
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Two Apartment Life problems
« on: 2014 December 13, 22:07:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm having a couple of problems with AL, I've been looking around in here and on other sites for fixes but I haven't even seen them mentioned anywhere.  One of them appears to be a bug so maybe it's unique to my game (why nobody else seems to have mentioned it).  Some of the floor areas in my homes are becoming blocked - you can't place anything on them, sims walk around them, even going out of one entrance and walking all the way around the house to another door, just to go what is normally only a few steps away.  Has anyone come across this in their games?  Does anybody know if there's a fix for it?

The other problem is a normal part of the gameplay in AL, but an annoying one that I'm surprised none of the modders seem to have fixed.  It's the noisy neighbours issue; you know the one - when your sims are trying to sleep and next door is kicking up a storm.  So you have them bang on the wall, it goes quiet, they go back to bed and it starts up again.  They're coming home from school and work totally wrecked and they can't sleep because the damn neighbours are still at it.  Is it supposed to happen consistently like that?  That was a stupid thing for them put in the game and I've been trying to find a mod that switches it off or at least tones it down.  Does anybody know of one?

I appreciate any help with this.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Two Apartment Life problems
« Reply #1 on: 2014 December 14, 07:30:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm having a couple of problems with AL, I've been looking around in here and on other sites for fixes but I haven't even seen them mentioned anywhere.  One of them appears to be a bug so maybe it's unique to my game (why nobody else seems to have mentioned it).  Some of the floor areas in my homes are becoming blocked - you can't place anything on them, sims walk around them, even going out of one entrance and walking all the way around the house to another door, just to go what is normally only a few steps away.  Has anyone come across this in their games?  Does anybody know if there's a fix for it?
If the Stuck Object Remover can't kill it, then

The other problem is a normal part of the gameplay in AL, but an annoying one that I'm surprised none of the modders seem to have fixed.  It's the noisy neighbours issue; you know the one - when your sims are trying to sleep and next door is kicking up a storm.  So you have them bang on the wall, it goes quiet, they go back to bed and it starts up again.  They're coming home from school and work totally wrecked and they can't sleep because the damn neighbours are still at it.  Is it supposed to happen consistently like that?  That was a stupid thing for them put in the game and I've been trying to find a mod that switches it off or at least tones it down.  Does anybody know of one?
I believe there's something in the Director's Cut that resolves this issue: Only rooms on the other side that contain noisemakers will be able to emit noise after that fix, IIRC.

Of course, if you DID put a noisemaker on the other side of the wall, and didn't do a double-wall sound barrier, your shitty planning is your own fault.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
FerDeLance
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2014 December 14, 23:39:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's not so much my shitty planning; when I make apartment lots, I either stack them or build corridors in-between them to avoid the problem I mentioned above.  The three apartment lots I'm having this problem with are two that came with the EP and one I downloaded.  Without some kind of fix, it looks like the best thing would be to just move them out and into better designed places.

I downloaded the stuck objects remover, I'll try it out tomorrow.

Cheers for your help; much appreciated.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2014 December 15, 14:55:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, they're badly designed. However, Awesomefixes should probably resolve the issues, since it prevents noise from being generated in areas where it is not possible for there to even be noise, so you won't constantly have noise erupting from an uninhabitable closet on the other side.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: