More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 15:41:15

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS4: The Pee-ening
| |-+  Insert Amusing Name Here
| | |-+  Major bug warning
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Major bug warning  (Read 14650 times)
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
Major bug warning
« on: 2014 October 07, 19:12:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm generally anti-creating-new-topics, but this is a big one. Two problems suspected to have begun with the 10/1/4 patch:

1. Aging off is borked. As in, if you set other households (non-played, played, even just the townie pool) to not age, they still will. Kills rotational play, obviously. Reference
2. Sim males are getting squinty eyes and lantern jaws most noticeably in the child & YA stage and returning to what they should be at adult. Reference

The supposed "gurus" are aware. It's now a countdown to the next patch and a wait-and-see on how much worse they bork it with that.

Lantern jaws are the new pianos.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Capitaine Marie
Horrible Halfwit

Blonder Than You

View Profile
Re: Major bug warning
« Reply #1 on: 2014 October 07, 21:56:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep, it happened to me.  Sometimes their faces lengthen, and profiles flatten, as well.  Someone in that thread mentioned that maybe the RNG got disabled for testing, and they forgot to switch it back on.

Pes could probably fix this.  We need you, Pes!

I don't think I could ever stab someone.  I mean, let's be honest.  I can barely get the straw in the Capri Sun.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2014 October 08, 00:02:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Someone in that thread mentioned that maybe the RNG got disabled for testing, and they forgot to switch it back on.

That would be very EA-like, but you wouldn't think that would affect things aging of already created sims.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
gamegame
Dimwitted Dunce

MOTHER FATHER SON

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2014 October 08, 06:40:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is just sad...
Capitaine Marie
Horrible Halfwit

Blonder Than You

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2014 October 09, 20:41:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This was posted by SimGuruLyndsay on the official site today:  

"Hey folks - wanted to jump in with an update. It turns out we did make some changes to the sculpt modifers translation between genders BUT it looks like it had an unintentional impact on age  
    changes!! So - we have a fix that we'll get to you as soon as we can. Your details and pictures were really helpful! While you should see some change as Sims age it was not intended to be so
    dramatic or unpredictable."

I don't think I could ever stab someone.  I mean, let's be honest.  I can barely get the straw in the Capri Sun.
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2014 October 10, 01:59:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

More proof that they don't actually test their shit before releasing it to the public.  I still find it amazing that after 3 incarnations of the game, they still haven't learnt anything and improved the way they do things.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
Capitaine Marie
Horrible Halfwit

Blonder Than You

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2014 October 16, 20:30:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Shimrod101 has fixed the problem, here at MTS.

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2014 October 22, 07:55:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The patch today supposedly 'fixed' it, but unsurprisingly they actually just half assed it, so still keep the Shimrod fix if you have it.

From Shimrod @ MTS

http://modthesims.info/download.php?p=4579027#post4579027
The new patch did not fix anything, it did not even address the issue. What they have done is REVERT back to prior to the Oct.1st patch. With that patch they added 3 new Cas Modifier files (6 files actually, 3 XML and 3 DATA, but this is 3 "Modifiers", each requires an XML file and a DATA file).

What they have done now is remove these 3 new modifiers! These three were TeenMale, AdultMale and ElderMale; the entire problem is that these 3 did not jive with the YoungAdultMale file which was in the game from the start, since the CaS Demo; the new ones were written a bit differently.

My recommendation is that anyone using this mod keep using it after this patch, the mod does not need "updating" to "comply" with their "changes"; they have changed these by REMOVING!!!!!!!! one third of these modifiers which our sims need, as opposed to, IDK, writing them correctly and leaving them in the game maybe? I am gravely disappointed.

In other news, there's something that's making the save file sizes bloat ridiculously out of control, and eventually causes crashes on saving at times. So far, only people who have put in A LOT of time in the game (over 100 hours) have reported it but surely as time goes on other people will start getting it. One guy is getting save files of 100MB.  Shocked Mine range from 28-54MB right now.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2014 October 22, 15:13:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How on earth has anyone gotten 100 hours of play out of this thing?  The Sims Facebook game had more content.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Skadi
Mushroom Girl
Senator

Spiderkiller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2014 October 22, 22:29:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've gotten the 100hr achievement, but I left it open for a week while I did other stuff.

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2014 October 23, 14:49:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've gotten the 100hr achievement, but I left it open for a week while I did other stuff.

Well some of it was that. Just leaving the darned thing running to go and do other things etc, but I admit I've played a lot too.  Tongue

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2014 October 23, 20:08:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't remember a 100 hours achievement, so I probably haven't gotten it yet. I've gotten a 4 days straight achievement, but that's Sim days.

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2014 October 24, 11:32:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't remember a 100 hours achievement, so I probably haven't gotten it yet. I've gotten a 4 days straight achievement, but that's Sim days.

It's rather telling that there's an achievement for not giving up in disgust after four in-game days.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Tia
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2014 November 02, 21:38:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My game says I have played for 275 hours though I really haven't I just left it on while I did other things.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: