More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 08:42:48

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Problem with modified install
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Problem with modified install  (Read 4756 times)
celticlass
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Problem with modified install
« on: 2014 September 10, 22:29:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I installed the UC, started up the game, and had no problems. But according to MTS at this thread, http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Ultimate_Collection_FAQs#Question:_Will_my_old_neighbourhoods_work_with_UC.3F, since I had the store installed, I had to follow instructions on another site to use my saved neighborhoods. The site is this one http://www.simsnetwork.com/simpedia/the-sims-2/editions/the-sims-2/specials/restore-sims-2-store-edition-in-ultimate-collection. I followed the instructions. Since most of my games were downloads from Origin and their store download would not work (saying I didn't have Sims 2 installed), I used a University Life collection CD. When I tried to load the game, it asked for the CD then said I was running the wrong version. I did something really stupid. While I backed up the games, I spaced off backing up the registry. Is there a way to fix it so I can use the store version, or is there a way to get the correct registry which I had changed per the instructions? If not, will it correct itself if I uninstall and reinstall the game from Origin? Thanks for any help.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Problem with modified install
« Reply #1 on: 2014 September 11, 05:41:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The use of Origin is contraindicated and not supported here. That you tried to use it is probably the start of a whole raft of problems. Your install is basically FUBAR and you should wipe and start over. There isn't any practical way we can troubleshoot your mess of install without full access to the computer, and probably not even then.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
celticlass
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Re: Problem with modified install
« Reply #2 on: 2014 September 13, 01:05:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, Pescado. Appreciate the information.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: