More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 10:02:23

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS4: The Pee-ening
| |-+  Insert Amusing Name Here
| | |-+  Sims 4 Annoyance & Problem Thread.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Sims 4 Annoyance & Problem Thread.  (Read 118050 times)
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
Re: Sims 4 Annoyance & Problem Thread.
« Reply #100 on: 2014 September 21, 03:29:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

we need
no autonomous computers
no autonomous stargazing
no autonomous microscope
stop eating when you're full
talk while fishing
start job at base level unless returning to previous employment (I just had a sim get and leave three jobs while standing in her kitchen to achieve the level 2 in 3 jobs desire). She never moved a step.
no 'no birthday party' sadness
bad fish make bad food
take pregnancy test does not negate first trimester
overstuffed houses
STORY PROGRESSION
« Last Edit: 2014 September 21, 06:13:03 by Madame Mim » Logged

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
gamegame
Dimwitted Dunce

MOTHER FATHER SON

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: 2014 September 21, 10:11:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In other words we need an actual game instead of a stripped down beta?
« Last Edit: 2014 September 22, 04:09:42 by gamegame » Logged
Lodax
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: 2014 September 21, 22:33:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I doubt they will release much more improvement to this stripped down beta without making you fork over something for it.
I'm pretty sure that this is what it is until somebody mods it.. or they release an expansion for it.
clem
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 2014 September 22, 00:41:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Learning things the hard way...

I have a teen who had a girlfriend. Both relationships were really high, and they had exchanged promise rings or whatever. Next thing I know, one of his wants (to make out with her) has a llama in it. Apparently, she was culled by the game. Honestly, wtf? I guess if I have townies I want to marry, I better move them into one of the houses. This seriously hoses my plans for that teen.
kimmyfrmtx
Asinine Airhead

INTJ

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: 2014 September 22, 01:54:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Doesn't seem to matter if they live in a house or not, sims just randomly come up missing.  They disappear from the game totally, no longer related to anyone, no memory of them, no evidence of ever existing at all.

STFU already NoobTard, you are disturbing my lurking.

Then and than are different words with different meanings; look up the correct usage.  I am running out of furniture polish.  [slams head on desk]
Araenna
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: 2014 September 22, 06:44:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Doesn't seem to matter if they live in a house or not, sims just randomly come up missing.  They disappear from the game totally, no longer related to anyone, no memory of them, no evidence of ever existing at all.

http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=535559&c=1&ht=&page=1&pp=25#startcomment user MasterDinadan has a beta out to hopefully solve part of this problem.
Cyber-Surfer
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 2014 September 22, 21:21:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

See and this is why I think they would be better off if they just leveled with people instead of bullshitting them. It's like how they insisted Sim City could not have an offline mode due to how it was made. And then they made one.  Roll Eyes

Off topic here, but when did they modify sim city for offline play?

After a modder found a way to do what was supposedly impossible...
reggikko
Axe Murderer
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: 2014 September 23, 22:13:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been playing quite a lot since release. These are the things I'd like to see modded:

1. Plumbing breaks much too frequently, even after objects have been upgraded for less breakage.  EDIT: Someone on MTS has made a mod for this.
2. No ADHD. Seriously, I love the multitasking feature, but sometimes I just want Sims to sit the fuck down and concentrate on the task at hand. Also, you really don't need to take your breakfast into the bathroom to chat with your Mom when she's on the toilet, you sicko.
3. Slower motive decay while sleeping. All Sims are afflicted with over-active bladder and have the metabolisms of gerbils on crack. I would like them to JUST SLEEP THROUGH THE NIGHT ALREADY. Having said that, though, it comes in handy to have them be the only one awake at night, ie kids and teens will DO THEIR HOMEWORK ALREADY without trying to chat with every Sim on the lot.
4. Less stalking. Dude, I know we're friends and all, but do you honestly need to show up on the doorstep like 5 times in a single day?
5. Maids wear uniforms and LEAVE ALREADY when finished cleaning. Also, no maid "showing up" at 3 AM while you're at the club and not actually cleaning everything.
6. Sim gets job at 3 PM on Thursday. The job has 9-5 hours on Friday, but the game makes me wait until MONDAY before the Sim can go to work.
« Last Edit: 2014 September 23, 22:52:36 by reggikko » Logged
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 2014 September 24, 17:33:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

4. Less stalking. Dude, I know we're friends and all, but do you honestly need to show up on the doorstep like 5 times in a single day?
Up until now, my sim family seemed to share my convictions that townie/neighbor sims were only for marrying and using as fodder for their spawning. Which means no outside friends. The marry-in only had a couple buddies and only one who came over every day. Usually twice a day. Fine, I figured he must have a personality trait that made him a little stalker. After his friend the marry-in passed, he's still come over, though not as frequently. But now the newest marry-in, Alexander Goth, has so many stalkers I'm about to get his seed and kill him off just to make the visits stop. Cassandra once a day is okay. Bella every other day, fine. However, there are also 3-4 guys who come over once or twice a day who Alexander has barely any friendship points with, and they aren't even a good age or single to be candidates for the one girl I still need to pair off. Their sole purpose seems to be to get in the way and annoy me with their buzzing the door.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: 2014 September 24, 21:20:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My young Sims have turned into black widows, and then Users. The only one who married in (Since their grandmother married Alexander Goth) is my one male progeny. The girls used to find an old man to marry and spawn off of and infuse family coffers with funds. Now they don't even bother with the marry. Spawn are started and the males ignored. I don't think any of my Sims even generate interaction wants outside of the family - unless you count the flirt and romance desires of my two forays into flirty Sims and they're not usually for anyone specific.

Starler
Senator

Fun for the whole fambly.

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: 2014 September 24, 21:24:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This thread seems to be heading South.

Keeping this here for when Titlights forgets that it doesn't have anything better to do than hang out at MATY.
BattyCoda
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: 2014 October 01, 21:49:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just want them to stop carrying their plates all over the fucking house so they can chat with Uncle Bob while they eat. Is it too much to ask for them to just eat at the fucking table!?
Painkiller
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: 2014 October 03, 22:16:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

True, there should be a distance limit to the 'I'll go eat there instead'. Something like 5 meters maybe.
feistyredhead
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: 2014 October 04, 11:25:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have yet to be able to even click on the Gallery without CTD ... EA says its not my computer, but cannot figure out why ;/ Fuckers.

ENFP
TheSimsandwich
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: 2014 October 05, 20:53:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just want them to stop carrying their plates all over the fucking house so they can chat with Uncle Bob while they eat. Is it too much to ask for them to just eat at the fucking table!?

As a part of multitasking, queuing them to sit at a particular place while holding a plate will make them eat there.  Though you'd think after 14 years they'd programme sims smart enough to sit at one damn table.
smokeverbs
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: 2014 October 06, 07:06:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The one thing I miss the most, high above and beyond anything else, is being able to immediately jump from family to family in Live Mode, ala TS3 with Awesomemod.
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: 2014 October 06, 07:20:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've found a use for the mystery maid visit - when she comes and cleans right before you load the game even if everything was clean? She's the only being in the game that can clean the vomited into toilet.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: 2014 October 06, 11:27:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Though you'd think after 14 years they'd programme sims smart enough to sit at one damn table.
That has never happened. Seating selection has been wonky since the beginning. In TS2 and TS3, I had to make a thing to fix this.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Tia
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: 2014 October 06, 19:45:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has someone made a mod for a gardener that is probably the most time consuming thing in the game and I hate to garden. But I want the fresh ingredients for food.
HomeschooledByTards
Senator

warm n jiggly

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: 2014 October 06, 19:48:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

YES.

[19:30] <sooze> YAY BFFs
[19:30] <sooze> Bestest Foes Forever
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: 2014 October 06, 19:52:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

MTS has a shorter gardening mod. It downtimes weeding and watering - http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=536590

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: 2014 October 07, 00:58:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As a part of multitasking, queuing them to sit at a particular place while holding a plate will make them eat there.  Though you'd think after 14 years they'd programme sims smart enough to sit at one damn table.
I don't even care if they go across the house to eat. Just effing stay there! I'm sick of them all sitting at the dining table, some reading, some eating, and periodically getting up to play musical chairs. Sit. the. F. Down.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
jwaas
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: 2014 October 08, 16:02:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only oddity I'm noticing since the 10/1 patch (besides those detailed elsewhere about tiny eyes and lantern jaws) is that all of a sudden harvestable plants do not highlight when I hover the mouse over them. All the options show up as usual when clicked on, and work as expected, but no highlight. Yet frogs, diggable rocks, and so on still work fine.

Normally my instinct would be that this is a "personal problem, soldier," and it very well could be. I have heard from only one other person who sees the same problem. I do know that it's not due to mods since the problem is still there with a brand new Sim in a brand new game, with the mods folder removed. So this is the extent of my learnings on the matter.

ETA:
If you're talking about the outline around the plant when you hover the cursor on it, then yes it disappeared for me too. The pots have their outlines, but not the plant. That makes gardening harder when you have a lot of plants cluttered in a tiny space. The info box with the text is still there though, it's only the outline that was FURBARed.
Yes, that's exactly what I meant. It seems most others are not getting this bugged outline thing though.
« Last Edit: 2014 October 10, 04:02:32 by jwaas » Logged
freckles
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: 2014 October 08, 18:02:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Having problems when I click on my sims to interact with them,I can click on an action but it wont let the sims do it.    Though that was happening before the last patch.
Painkiller
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: 2014 October 09, 19:57:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only oddity I'm noticing since the 10/1 patch (besides those detailed elsewhere about tiny eyes and lantern jaws) is that all of a sudden harvestable plants do not highlight when I hover the mouse over them. All the options show up as usual when clicked on, and work as expected, but no highlight. Yet frogs, diggable rocks, and so on still work fine.
Normally my instinct would be that this is a "personal problem, soldier," and it very well could be. I have heard from only one other person who sees the same problem. I do know that it's not due to mods since the problem is still there with a brand new Sim in a brand new game, with the mods folder removed. So this is the extent of my learnings on the matter.
If you're talking about the outline around the plant when you hover the cursor on it, then yes it disappeared for me too. The pots have their outlines, but not the plant. That makes gardening harder when you have a lot of plants cluttered in a tiny space. The info box with the text is still there though, it's only the outline that was FURBARed.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: