More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 21:17:43

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS4: The Pee-ening
| |-+  Insert Amusing Name Here
| | |-+  Sims 4 is out what's the scoop?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Sims 4 is out what's the scoop?  (Read 53934 times)
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
Re: Sims 4 is out what's the scoop?
« Reply #50 on: 2014 September 18, 13:59:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought this was amusing:    She wasn't even tired!

I just had that happen last night. The sim in question had the never tired reward too so he shouldn't need to sleep. Ever.  Huh

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Budgie
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2014 September 18, 23:35:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyone else kind of annoyed at how long it takes to save up money in the game? It's kind of a double edged sword because in the previous games it was way too easy to rack up cash, but I think replacing broken items takes up way too much of a family's income, especially as items get nicer. I had kind of hoped that my test family would have enough money to move out of their starter by now, since the two adults are at least level 7 in their respective careers. Maybe I'm just playing it wrong, but I also take almost a week to get promoted even though I try to do the daily tasks and send my sims to work in the correct mood.
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2014 September 19, 00:54:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyone else kind of annoyed at how long it takes to save up money in the game? It's kind of a double edged sword because in the previous games it was way too easy to rack up cash, but I think replacing broken items takes up way too much of a family's income, especially as items get nicer. I had kind of hoped that my test family would have enough money to move out of their starter by now, since the two adults are at least level 7 in their respective careers. Maybe I'm just playing it wrong, but I also take almost a week to get promoted even though I try to do the daily tasks and send my sims to work in the correct mood.

Stop replacing the broken items.  Even my Sims with pretty low handiness levels seem to be able to fix the items.  Send them out fishing also if you need more money.  It's easy to rack up the cash that way.
Grimma
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2014 September 19, 18:45:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had difficulty hiring a nanny. Both of my adults had to go to work because NO MATERNITY LEAVE FUCK YOU AMERICA *cough* and I couldn't find Nanny anywhere on the phone  Huh

WARNING:PMs may be published if it contains butthurt or sporking which belong on the boards. And if I feel like it
freckles
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2014 September 19, 19:48:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had difficulty hiring a nanny. Both of my adults had to go to work because NO MATERNITY LEAVE FUCK YOU AMERICA *cough* and I couldn't find Nanny anywhere on the phone  Huh

That's because there' not one.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2014 September 19, 19:57:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Apparently if you leave the house, the baby is magically whisked away to day care. Children can be home by themselves.

Quote from: BlueSoup
Stop replacing the broken items.  Even my Sims with pretty low handiness levels seem to be able to fix the items.  Send them out fishing also if you need more money.  It's easy to rack up the cash that way.
Plus, as you build up mechanical points, you get the options to upgrade in ways that make them break less often. Since the beginning of my household, I've had one sim do all the repairs. He was a full adult when he joined in and now has reached the point where the game is telling me of his impending death. The cheap computer still breaks every week or so, but nothing else has broken for ages with me doing whatever upgrade I could as they came available. And this is a two-bathroom household for six sims.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2014 September 19, 21:30:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And sometimes they don't come home when you get home. I had to wait until I went to work and then came home again one day with my first game spawn.

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2014 September 20, 02:09:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had difficulty hiring a nanny. Both of my adults had to go to work because NO MATERNITY LEAVE FUCK YOU AMERICA *cough* and I couldn't find Nanny anywhere on the phone  Huh
That's because there' not one.

I just made an elder and dressed her up like a nanny and moved her ass in. Gotta have my nannies!

I another of my houses I moved one of those 'public gardener' townies in because I got tired of fussing with all the plants.

The lack of almost any service npcs besides the really half assed maids that don't work worth a shit is annoying.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Lodax
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2014 September 21, 02:31:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After a week of play.. here is my take.

The game is different than TS3.  Good or bad is a matter of individual taste.
Here are some basic thoughts.

-The game focuses more on individual families rather than global community and community stories.  You never really need to leave your home lot, and are not really encouraged to do so.
-There's no real community growth without your direct input. 
-Some of the vistas look very beautiful if you scroll in tight on your sim and rotate the camera to view the horizon (this requires switching to TS3 style camera controls in options.. the default options do not let you do this.)
-Because there are not many interesting mods to contribute to actual gameplay yet... it still feels rather empty and meaningless. (this will probably change unless modding TS3 ends up just being more enjoyable for the more talented people)
-The game is very easy if you have good showers stoves etc.. and unplayable if you have poor quality appliances and furniture. (unless you mod)
-Relationships are easy and meaningless.  Cheat on your spouse in front of their face.. call their mother a llama..  slap them around.. then woohoo all you want not 5 minutes later.
-Load time is good...  drawback, basically every lot is on its own.  Sure you see your neighbors house.. but it's just fluff.. you can't see in it and nothing comes out of it.

I could go on.  I think it's better if I sum it up as this.
The game is not TS3... but it is not bad.  It is a beta shell ready for the unpaid EA development staff (modders) to take over and make it fun.

Advice:   Do not buy it now and do not buy it at this price.  Wait until people mod in some depth to the game (and no i don't mean expansions.. they will just be additional shells)  Wait for the modding community to do the job right.
The only reason to buy it now is if you want to get a jump on modding the thing yourself.. otherwise you are not missing out on a dang thing.

Aventurine
Dimwitted Dunce

Aun Aprendo...

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2014 September 21, 09:49:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you don't mind a digital download version of this game then you can go to CDKeys.com and get it for quite a bit cheaper. I bought mine for $45.25 and this week it's less expensive than what I paid.

http://www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/7

"Only the spoon knows what is stirring in the pot"
gamegame
Dimwitted Dunce

MOTHER FATHER SON

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2014 September 21, 10:09:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you don't mind a digital download version of this game then you can go to CDKeys.com and get it for quite a bit cheaper. I bought mine for $45.25 and this week it's less expensive than what I paid.

http://www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/7

And you're part of the reason why EA keeps putting out shit games.
Aventurine
Dimwitted Dunce

Aun Aprendo...

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2014 September 21, 22:51:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, I am not responsible for EA producing half developed games or ones that are lacking in what the fan base wants. Digital downloads became available with Sims3 from EA. Many simmers cannot afford the higher prices of the Sims games and others are not willing to pay the higher prices as a matter of principle.

There was a lot of negative press about the Sims4 and as it turns out it was quite spot on. The base game is not worth $60.00 to $70.00 as it is missing a lot of key aspects of the previous generations/iterations. I will not be buying any EP's or SP's of this game since it is not an advancement but instead several steps backwards.

"Only the spoon knows what is stirring in the pot"
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2014 September 22, 19:35:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After a week of play.. here is my take.

The game is different than TS3.  Good or bad is a matter of individual taste.
Here are some basic thoughts.

-The game focuses more on individual families rather than global community and community stories.  You never really need to leave your home lot, and are not really encouraged to do so.
-There's no real community growth without your direct input. 
-Some of the vistas look very beautiful if you scroll in tight on your sim and rotate the camera to view the horizon (this requires switching to TS3 style camera controls in options.. the default options do not let you do this.)
-Because there are not many interesting mods to contribute to actual gameplay yet... it still feels rather empty and meaningless. (this will probably change unless modding TS3 ends up just being more enjoyable for the more talented people)
-The game is very easy if you have good showers stoves etc.. and unplayable if you have poor quality appliances and furniture. (unless you mod)
-Relationships are easy and meaningless.  Cheat on your spouse in front of their face.. call their mother a llama..  slap them around.. then woohoo all you want not 5 minutes later.
-Load time is good...  drawback, basically every lot is on its own.  Sure you see your neighbors house.. but it's just fluff.. you can't see in it and nothing comes out of it.

I could go on.  I think it's better if I sum it up as this.
The game is not TS3... but it is not bad.  It is a beta shell ready for the unpaid EA development staff (modders) to take over and make it fun.

Advice:   Do not buy it now and do not buy it at this price.  Wait until people mod in some depth to the game (and no i don't mean expansions.. they will just be additional shells)  Wait for the modding community to do the job right.
The only reason to buy it now is if you want to get a jump on modding the thing yourself.. otherwise you are not missing out on a dang thing.

The game is a bad game.  You just listed a bunch of objectively terrible things about the game that point out why it is bad.  Your examples don't support your thesis, and you should feel bad.  LURK MOAR.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Lodax
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2014 September 22, 20:08:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How do my examples not support my thesis?  I'm confused.  I just recommended not to buy it.

I don't feel bad. I stand by my comments.
The game is flawed.
It is not a bad game.. it is valued incorrectly.  At $10 this game would be worth purchasing.
Would you not buy it at that price?
There is a sufficient shell to be modded for additional entertainment value.

You can be objective, or you can troll.  Up to you.

« Last Edit: 2014 September 22, 20:34:54 by Lodax » Logged
Starler
Senator

Fun for the whole fambly.

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2014 September 23, 03:15:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

EA is a pack of thieves parading as a corporate entity, and their products aren't worth anything as long as they're packaged with EA's proprietary spyware.

Subjectively, I'd pay full price for TS4 if EA dropped Origin. Not only that, but I'd also have bought several other EA products at release that I have instead skipped. Alas, there are enough people that don't follow this philosophy that there's no chance of EA dropping Origin, which means they've lost my business forever.

On a separate note, I still can't see why anyone would play TS4 over TS3 or TS2. So far, the only features I've seen that interest me are the multitasking and marginally prettier sims, and look at everything you have to sacrifice to get them.

Faek ETA: By the way, I reject your absurd assertion that your opinion is objective. Learn what words mean before using them. Or don't, and become our latest spork holder.

Keeping this here for when Titlights forgets that it doesn't have anything better to do than hang out at MATY.
Lodax
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2014 September 23, 04:43:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

EA is a pack of thieves parading as a corporate entity, and their products aren't worth anything as long as they're packaged with EA's proprietary spyware.

Subjectively, I'd pay full price for TS4 if EA dropped Origin. Not only that, but I'd also have bought several other EA products at release that I have instead skipped. Alas, there are enough people that don't follow this philosophy that there's no chance of EA dropping Origin, which means they've lost my business forever.

On a separate note, I still can't see why anyone would play TS4 over TS3 or TS2. So far, the only features I've seen that interest me are the multitasking and marginally prettier sims, and look at everything you have to sacrifice to get them.

Faek ETA: By the way, I reject your absurd assertion that your opinion is objective. Learn what words mean before using them. Or don't, and become our latest spork holder.

If you were referring to my post.  I never made that assertion. someone else did =p
And yes, I agree..   should probably wait for the game to be available on steam rather than on Origin before considering purchase. 
Starler
Senator

Fun for the whole fambly.

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2014 September 23, 05:35:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

DRM by any other name is still DRM. Just because the one pile of excrement isn't as grotesque as the other doesn't change the fact that both are full of shit.

Keeping this here for when Titlights forgets that it doesn't have anything better to do than hang out at MATY.
Lodax
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2014 September 23, 05:38:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's the lesser of 2 evils. Without pirating, given that those will probably be the only options, steam would be the better way to go.
jonas
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2014 October 05, 20:47:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm another person who will not be buying this game.
The Sims franchise was something I loved, I lived for. EA has taken that and pulverized it into this Zynga-like trash.
The closed and incredibly tiny world was the final straw after being disgusted beyond belief that CaSt would not be implemented. I adore CaSt even though I cannot currently play Sims3 on my computer or have been able to for over a year due to CaSt lag. I'm very much looking forward to buying a rig that will allow Sims3 to coast along at least a lot better. I understand that no lag in Sims3 is an impossibru-ity.
Also, I enjoyed toddlers very, very much. Eventually, I got the mod to quicken their training, but I still loved having them around the houses. Furious they were removed to be implemented into an expansion most surely.
What really gets me are the EA tools that just praise the game no matter what is thrown at them. We can't make a difference in the corporate game world if we just bend over and take their fucking like a good consumer slave.
That appears to be the case in nearly all the societal flaws though. People just take that ramming and plod on with whatever is given to them.

My hopes now are that:

A. My new computer will make Sims3 nicely playable again.

B. Someone else will finally step up and create the Sims clone of our dreams. (I don't understand how this hasn't happened yet)

C. Sims 3 lovers/modders will eventually create a more elegant, modded stand-alone version of Sims 3 that is all the Awesome, minimal EA and will be around for the next 20 years or so.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: