More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 24, 12:09:44

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Sims interaction issues since last AM update.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Sims interaction issues since last AM update.  (Read 12975 times)
tangent
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Sims interaction issues since last AM update.
« on: 2014 April 23, 17:41:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since the latest update to AM, I've been encountering a strange glitch that cannot be resolved through conventional methods. After an initial greeting with another sim, my active character will not be able to open the interaction wheel on the individual they are trying to communicate with. This occurs most frequently with celebrities and university sims. I've trolled through EA forums as well as MATY threads and have no found a viable solution. I am a PC user, and all CC are installed through the new framework style.

Here are the actions I've taken so far, however, not specifically in this order:
- Update AM
- Remove all CC excluding AM
- Edit Town fix (This was suggested by EA forum users. The fix is to move a property where the glitched Sims are to reset all Sims on the lot.)
- Resetsim cheat
- fixall console command
- Re-applying Universal patch
- deleted cache files
- Reverting to old saves
- Google Google Google

The closest I've gotten to an answer was a reference to an animation issue causing the problem on a TSR forum. Interestingly enough, the Fixall console command did display a flagrant error and it showed a message confirming that the error was fixed. Unfortunately, this fix was only temporary as the problem resumed once I left the main world for the University world.

I apologize in advance for any MATY faux pas I may have committed. I spent an hour reviewing the FAQ sticky alone before registering.

EDIT: I've attached the script error report for the aforementioned flagrant error Fixall detected.

« Last Edit: 2014 April 23, 18:42:27 by tangent » Logged
HomeschooledByTards
Senator

warm n jiggly

View Profile
Re: Sims interaction issues since last AM update.
« Reply #1 on: 2014 April 23, 17:50:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

1) Did you take out AM (while leaving other CC in place and CC free) and see if the problem went away?
2) This could have been posted in the AM bug thread, if step 1 turned out positive for an AM problem.

[19:30] <sooze> YAY BFFs
[19:30] <sooze> Bestest Foes Forever
Starler
Senator

Fun for the whole fambly.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2014 April 23, 18:01:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also, have you used a patch program (I recommend the MTS downloader) to make sure all of your expansions are up to date? If it's happening with expansion Sims specifically, it may be that you're missing an expansion patch.

Keeping this here for when Titlights forgets that it doesn't have anything better to do than hang out at MATY.
tangent
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2014 April 23, 18:06:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

1) Did you take out AM (while leaving other CC in place and CC free) and see if the problem went away?

I didn't, since the overwhelming response to other occurrences of this glitch were deemed to be caused by incompatible CC due to EA patching. Since AM is frequently updated, I did not suspect it to be the cause. I'll do a test run without AM to see if the problem continues and edit this post with results.

EDIT: After removing AM, the problem persisted.

2) This could have been posted in the AM bug thread, if step 1 turned out positive for an AM problem.

I considered it, but did not want to blame AM prematurely without having some proper advice.

Also, have you used a patch program (I recommend the MTS downloader) to make sure all of your expansions are up to date? If it's happening with expansion Sims specifically, it may be that you're missing an expansion patch.

My understanding was that since the Generations EP, individual patches were rendered obsolete. I've been using the manual patch 1.67.2.0240.
« Last Edit: 2014 April 23, 18:17:54 by tangent » Logged
Starler
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2014 April 23, 18:12:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It may depend on how you installed the game. It's been a long while since I installed it, so I may be out of date, but I know that the MTS downloader was updated in January of this year, so it may still be an issue for some.

Keeping this here for when Titlights forgets that it doesn't have anything better to do than hang out at MATY.
tangent
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2014 April 23, 18:22:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It may depend on how you installed the game. It's been a long while since I installed it, so I may be out of date, but I know that the MTS downloader was updated in January of this year, so it may still be an issue for some.

I did the standard base game + SPs + EPs. I'll note that I'm using "Legally Backed-up Versions," with Daemon Tools and ISOs (The only TS3 disc I keep handy is the base game, the rest are somewhere in my closet). As I stated before, the games, and AM, were cooperating flawlessly prior to updating AM. Correlation doesn't imply causality, I know, but I figured bringing the issue here was the most sensible thing to do (after abusing Google and MATY search functions).

EDIT:

I downloaded and ran this program (since, after all, I came here for advice) and it turns out some of my EPs and SPs are, in fact, outdated. I'll update them through MTS downloader and post results in an edit.

EDIT 2:

Patched all EPs and SPs using MTS Downloader. Sim still unable to interact normally with other sims once they become borked. Interestingly, the AM wheel appears when control + clicking on those sims.
« Last Edit: 2014 April 23, 19:42:50 by tangent » Logged
Starler
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2014 April 23, 21:43:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not seeing if this was done, so I'll ask.

1. Have you tried running the game with no CC (including without AM) to see if the problem persists with just the vanilla game?
2. Have you tried a new game to see if the problem persists?

tangent
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2014 April 23, 22:29:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not seeing if this was done, so I'll ask.

1. Have you tried running the game with no CC (including without AM) to see if the problem persists with just the vanilla game?
2. Have you tried a new game to see if the problem persists?

1. Yes. I followed jesslla's suggestion and attempted running vanilla without AM. The problem persisted.
2. Testing new character now with AM in an attempt to recreate problem. If the problem arises with the new character with AM installed, I'll make a separate new character with just the vanilla game.

As a side note, I used AM's control + click feature to switch to other sims in my original game. They were able to interact with one another and my sim. This leads to a new thought: my original Sim is fucked.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2014 April 23, 22:35:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have had borked sims that were unable to respond correctly. My last resort is the AM command resetworld. Wishes & promises are lost, I don't know what else. I have done it three times to date on the world I am playing, I am sick of starting over on the sims. Everything is still working as far as I can see.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
tangent
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2014 April 23, 22:51:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK. The test with a new character with AM was a No-Go. After the initial greeting, active Sim cannot re-initiate an interaction wheel. I'm giving witch's suggestion a shot and using resetworld. It may be that this multi-verse version of Bridgeport is doomed.

EDIT: Resetworld didn't work.
« Last Edit: 2014 April 23, 23:21:55 by tangent » Logged
Starler
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2014 April 24, 00:09:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know you tried it without AM, and I know you tried it without any CC besides AM. Have you tried it with nothing but vanilla Sims 3? No mods/CC at all? This will rule out an installation failure/need to re-install.

tangent
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2014 April 24, 02:10:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Alright. Tested the game, completely vanilla, with two brand spankin' new sims. There were no problems. So I then attempted to move in a copy of my first sim into this vanilla world: problem resurfaced. Either that sim is ruined, there is a conflict with AM, a CC, or a CC conflicting with AM. The only other CC I have are a skin package, the no intro package, the AM config package, and the EA Store packages.

Other websites have suggested this glitch is caused by particular mods, most common of which is a 12-woohoo mod. I don't have one and I don't use that feature in my config. Maybe I'm just grasping at straws, but is there a chance that the XML scripting attached to that feature could be influencing this glitch?
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2014 April 24, 07:37:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is also a bodysnatch command which I've never used. It involves taking over the body of another sim. Maybe you could get a sim to take over the body of your borked sim and see if that works? You'll have to RTFM for the details.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
tangent
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2014 April 24, 17:07:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm familiar with the command. I've used it to switch to non-active sims and to successfully interact with the borked one. However, I haven't tried making a new family sim to snatch the borked one. If anything, it'll prove whether or not that sim is singularly borked.

EDIT: Well, after trying this with two separate new characters, I've found, to my chagrin, that the original character is indeed ruined. I'll just make a new one and see if the issue re-appears. If it does, I'll try to find out what exactly causes the error and try to duplicate it so that the AM team can correct it (assuming that there is a conflict with AM).

You've all been very helpful and succinct (pressed the "Thanks" button, laughed for a few minutes). I can't understand why others have such difficulty interacting with MATY users.
« Last Edit: 2014 May 04, 00:23:50 by tangent » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2014 May 27, 15:15:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is also a bodysnatch command which I've never used. It involves taking over the body of another sim. Maybe you could get a sim to take over the body of your borked sim and see if that works? You'll have to RTFM for the details.
That is NOT what it's for. Don't use that.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
MRice
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2014 June 13, 17:35:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Tangent, I had a very similar problem with my own game after university was installed. It hs been some time ago. Eventually I found the problem was due to having an out of date mod, I believe it was one of Anach's mods.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: