More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 18, 21:30:46

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Request: Object to add family ties in game
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Request: Object to add family ties in game  (Read 6690 times)
jennydeenyc
Exasperating Eyesore

what're YOU lookin' at?

View Profile
Request: Object to add family ties in game
« on: 2005 December 12, 21:28:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This comes out of another thread I started about adding familial ties in SimPE. For those of us who play extended families with decendants of cousins all living under one roof, it would be great to have an in-game object that lets you designate "cousinhood" between household members who are blood related but too far removed to have the game recognize the family bond. Sure, it can be easily done in SimPE, but an in-game item (if possible) would take a lot of the stress and guesswork out of it for the SimPE impaired. Any thoughts?
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
Re: Request: Object to add family ties in game
« Reply #1 on: 2005 December 12, 21:48:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm pretty certain you can do this with the Inseminator, but will check in game to make sure. 

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
resmc
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 December 12, 21:50:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes you can do this with insimenator, jenny, but it may cause your game to explode in a BFBVFS.  Shocked
jennydeenyc
Exasperating Eyesore

what're YOU lookin' at?

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 December 12, 22:07:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, but for various reasons I don't want that particular item in my game. A standalone object for this specific purpose would be preferable, maybe even a family-portrait style painting with a "become cousins with..." dialog?
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 December 12, 22:18:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't seen any option on the thing you won't mention that sets family ties beyond the sibling or parent level. I dunno, though.
jennydeenyc
Exasperating Eyesore

what're YOU lookin' at?

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 December 12, 22:20:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Good point Brynne, I didn't know that. I definitely don't want to be setting everyone to parent or sibling, just cousins. Another reason for someone to look into a standalone item then!
Venusy
Dead Member

Despite the name, I am male.Do not call me "miss".

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 December 12, 22:26:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The InSIM is not the evil one. The really Less Awesome hack also begins with an "In", is hosted on the same forums as the InSIM, and will cause a BFBVFS guaranteed. Can you guess it's name? *CoInTeenimaterugh*.

I've had the InSim in my game since the base game, and no problems yet.

"They say only the good die young. If that works both ways, I'm immortal."

ISTP - Independent, concise in speech, master of tools.
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 December 13, 01:25:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The InSIM is not the evil one. The really Less Awesome hack also begins with an "In", is hosted on the same forums as the InSIM, and will cause a BFBVFS guaranteed. Can you guess it's name? *CoInTeenimaterugh*.

I've had the InSim in my game since the base game, and no problems yet.

Why do you say InTEEN will cause a BFBVFS?

Edit to mention that I also agree that a "Object to add family ties in game" is a great idea!
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 December 13, 08:59:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why do you say InTEEN will cause a BFBVFS?

Pescado said it's a big mess; that's good enough for me to leave it alone.
cristalfiona
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 December 13, 10:57:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Isnt that just because it does so many different things though?
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 December 13, 12:07:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

JM will Never like InSIM and InTEEN because he thinks they do too much, that dosen't make them bad  Tongue

I've been using them for ages and sometimes helped with testing beta versions, neither have caused any of my neighborhoods to blow up!  Roll Eyes
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 December 13, 12:10:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've no problems with inteenimator anymore. 1h is very stable indeed. It also comes in very handy for fixing Maxoid broken Sims.

Except for the stupid Gypsy who always recommends adults for my teens and vice versa, but that's more of a Maxoid issue.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 December 13, 12:26:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I'll go out on a limb here and say that I use both and have had no problems. Jase is very good at working with you if you do.
cristalfiona
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 December 13, 12:33:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I dont know, im having a problem with inteen right now (sims cant propose engagement/marriage), and he keeps asking me questions that ive already answered. He doesnt seem to read the posts you make, just posts standard responses until he finds out whats wrong.
Jorenne
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005 December 13, 17:28:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think that's strictly fair to Jase, I've read that thread and he's trying to help as much as he can, but sometimes it's difficult to pin down a problem, especially with no error messages to go on.

I remember when I was testing and moderating the testing thread at MTS2 for the original teen-woo with pregnancy before the inteen was even a twinkle in Jases eye.  people use so many variations of configurations that it can be difficult to pin point or recreate a specific problem.

I also know from beta testing many mods that very rarely does one person have an issue caused by any singular mod or hack that no one else has, usually it is either a problem with the mod and it universal to the mod, in which case more people would experience it, or it's a conflict with something.

I know you've taken out all downloads except the inteen and it's still happening, but to stil say Jase isn't helping you, after providing diagnostics tools to try and help figure out the problem is a little off I'd say.
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2005 December 13, 17:47:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't use SimPe, inteen or insim so such an object would be really appreciated.
nocomment
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2005 December 14, 01:17:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've no problems with inteenimator anymore. 1h is very stable indeed. It also comes in very handy for fixing Maxoid broken Sims.

Except for the stupid Gypsy who always recommends adults for my teens and vice versa, but that's more of a Maxoid issue.

This is caused by inteenimator.  In the regular game, the Gypsy will not set up adults with teens.

Back on subject, I would like an objects like this as well.  I have a bad habit of using template faces, so my sims keep "discovering" relatives in college.  Until I quit the game and use SimPe all the long lost adopted brothers and such keep making the "hot" gesture at each other!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: