More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 18, 03:30:04

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Patching The Sims 3 [RG] Catalyst Repack?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Patching The Sims 3 [RG] Catalyst Repack?  (Read 64214 times)
Eurotrash
Retardo Lander

View Profile
Patching The Sims 3 [RG] Catalyst Repack?
« on: 2014 March 28, 17:13:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How does one update a Russian repack of The Sims 3 Complete from 1.63 to 1.67 without the original 1.63 Russian files? Finding those is like finding a needle in a haystack and since this is a repack I never had the original files...

Tried using 1.63 files from other regions, nada. Still looking for the original Russian files but I'm hoping maybe there's a workaround I don't know about...
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Patching The Sims 3 [RG] Catalyst Repack?
« Reply #1 on: 2014 March 29, 04:51:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My advice is that you get a real version instead of some dodgy Russian repack.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Eurotrash
Retardo Lander

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2014 March 29, 13:40:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Fair enough, but if I install everything myself something somewhere is bound to break. RG's repack was the most stable version I could find.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2014 March 30, 13:23:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That sounds like a personal problem to me, soldier.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Eurotrash
Retardo Lander

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2014 March 30, 16:48:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Probably, I was thinking of registering as self-employed in getting this masterfully coded game to work properly but I haven't gotten around to it yet. I just want to know if and how I can update it in these conditions. I don't really care much about EA's half-assed updates since they fix one thing and break three more, but since *cough* Awesomemod self-destructs when it becomes outdated I basically have to chose between a broken game or no Awesomemod.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2014 March 31, 12:05:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Probably, I was thinking of registering as self-employed in getting this masterfully coded game to work properly but I haven't gotten around to it yet. I just want to know if and how I can update it in these conditions. I don't really care much about EA's half-assed updates since they fix one thing and break three more, but since *cough* Awesomemod self-destructs when it becomes outdated I basically have to chose between a broken game or no Awesomemod.

I don't think anyone has as much trouble with EA's coding as you.  Perhaps you're just dumb.  Maybe you should just go play something else and quit annoying us.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Eurotrash
Retardo Lander

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2014 March 31, 12:33:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe you should just go play something else and quit annoying us.

"Something else" implies I'm currently playing The Sims 3. I'm not, that's what brought me here to begin with.
Starler
Senator

Fun for the whole fambly.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2014 March 31, 16:42:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We don't take kindly to possums around here. Can't you just be dead for real?

Also, AM versions don't self destruct, they are perfectly usable for as long as you like. You just have to be smart enough to... well, I don't want to spoil the fun of finding out for yourself.

Caveat: Using an old version of AM can be bad for your health, and is not recommended.

Keeping this here for when Titlights forgets that it doesn't have anything better to do than hang out at MATY.
Sita
Titlights
Retarded Reprobate

I YAM what I YAM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2014 March 31, 17:42:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyway, weren't you supposed to be DOMEd?

OOO I gotta 1000 posts!  Grin
« Last Edit: 2014 March 31, 20:50:06 by Sita » Logged

Eurotrash
Retardo Lander

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2014 March 31, 19:40:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can't you just be dead for real?

Not if the Bible is to be believed, no.

OOO I gotta 1000 posts!  Grin

Then let me congratulate you early on having reached 1001 posts!
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2014 March 31, 20:07:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also, AM versions don't self destruct, they are perfectly usable for as long as you like. You just have to be smart enough to... well, I don't want to spoil the fun of finding out for yourself.

Caveat: Using an old version of AM can be bad for your health, and is not recommended.

Therein lies the problem, most of the arseholes, like Eurotrash, simply aren't smart enough to figure those things out, even though it isn't that complicated.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
Starler
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2014 March 31, 22:45:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Therein lies the problem, most of the arseholes, like Eurotrash, simply aren't smart enough to figure those things out, even though it isn't that complicated.

While that is true, retreading old ground would be fruitless at this point. It was 'Domed, so the depths of its stupidity are already roundly known.

Also, isn't that so cute? It thinks it's Lazarus. I didn't know possums read the bible.

Keeping this here for when Titlights forgets that it doesn't have anything better to do than hang out at MATY.
Eurotrash
Retardo Lander

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2014 April 01, 11:51:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also, isn't that so cute? It thinks it's Lazarus. I didn't know possums read the bible.

In'nat cute, it thinks possums can read at all.

Then why haven't you figured it out?
Starler
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2014 April 01, 15:41:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In'nat cute, it thinks possums can read at all.

I wouldn't have believed it myself, but the evidence is there, right down to having one interacting with this very thread. Granted, it has zero comprehension skills and its communications are rudimentary at best, but I guess even marsupials have to start somewhere.

Also, there is only one creature in this thread that doesn't know how to fix AM to work beyond its expiration date. This hint will be difficult, but I'm sure it will be deciphered in time; it's not the FOJ, jezzer, merlin, or me.

Note: Escaped 'Dome residents are not capable of enough thought to qualify as living creatures, so they are not acknowledged.

Eurotrash
Retardo Lander

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2014 April 01, 21:58:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also, there is only one creature in this thread that doesn't know how to fix AM to work beyond its expiration date.

Prove it.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2014 April 02, 01:45:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also, there is only one creature in this thread that doesn't know how to fix AM to work beyond its expiration date.

Prove it.

Here you go.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Eurotrash
Retardo Lander

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2014 April 02, 06:13:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Prove it.

Here you go.

So you don't know :>
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2014 April 02, 09:39:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Probably, I was thinking of registering as self-employed in getting this masterfully coded game to work properly but I haven't gotten around to it yet. I just want to know if and how I can update it in these conditions.
Given that I specifically avoid dodgy repack releases and go for clean ones on the grounds that updation will specifically be a problem in dodgy repacks, I would say that the answer is "No". Suck it up and get a real one.

Eurotrash
Retardo Lander

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2014 April 02, 14:05:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Probably, I was thinking of registering as self-employed in getting this masterfully coded game to work properly but I haven't gotten around to it yet. I just want to know if and how I can update it in these conditions.
Given that I specifically avoid dodgy repack releases and go for clean ones on the grounds that updation will specifically be a problem in dodgy repacks, I would say that the answer is "No". Suck it up and get a real one.
[/quote]

Bah fine -.-'
Starler
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2014 April 02, 14:28:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Prove it.

Here you go.

So you don't know :>

No, we do know. Hence the proof was provided.

Eurotrash
Retardo Lander

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2014 April 02, 21:40:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, we do know. Hence the proof was provided.

So you proved you do know by providing proof that you don't know..
Starler
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2014 April 02, 22:46:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know, this is like watching a dog fruitlessly beg for table scraps. At some point, I just start to feel bad for it. Not that I feed it, mind you, but I do feel bad.

Levini
Corpulent Cretin

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2014 April 03, 20:34:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am one to feed my dog the scraps. Why not give him the bones from my chicken? Makes for a nice little treat type thing. now if Eurotrash came to my table begging for scraps, I would punch him in the mouth.

Now on a derailing note, I remember this one time when I was living with my father (about a year ago) I went to answer the door and I came back to find my stepmum's shorkie had eaten my food (Mind you it was some chicken strips, cause chicken strips are tasty). Oh gurl, I was pissed.

I am a beacon of sin.
Eurotrash
Retardo Lander

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2014 April 03, 21:48:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know, this is like watching a dog fruitlessly beg for table scraps. At some point, I just start to feel bad for it. Not that I feed it, mind you, but I do feel bad.

Well that was rude. What did jezzer ever do to you?
Levini
Corpulent Cretin

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2014 April 06, 05:23:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I vote we give this trashcan a new icon and title.  I even can come up with a list of complementary titles for his username.

I am a beacon of sin.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: