More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 11:23:05

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Windows 8 Sims 2...Possible or doomed to a LadyHawk reality?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Windows 8 Sims 2...Possible or doomed to a LadyHawk reality?  (Read 6752 times)
noodlesandsoup
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Windows 8 Sims 2...Possible or doomed to a LadyHawk reality?
« on: 2014 February 24, 05:14:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I still love Sims 2 but Windows 8 doesn't...at all.  After many scenarios, it did finally manage to instill but during load would briefly flicker, stutter and die.  I see several threads regarding Windows 7 but didn't come across any with Windows 8.  Has anyone had any success playing Sims 2 with Windows 8 and if so, could possibly offer any suggestions?  Right now I'm running it on an older computer with Vista but the tower chugs like a train and is making scary noises so I know it's not long for this world.  Any help or ideas appreciated.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
Re: Windows 8 Sims 2...Possible or doomed to a LadyHawk reality?
« Reply #1 on: 2014 February 24, 12:46:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

1.  Play a game that isn't eleventy years old.

or

2.  Get a different OS.

You could try using those compatibility mode thingies that rarely work, but really your best solution is 1 or 2.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2014 February 24, 20:27:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You could add another hard drive to the new system and install Vista or Windows 7 on it and load whichever OS you need for whichever game you want to play.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
noodlesandsoup
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2014 February 25, 01:29:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You could add another hard drive to the new system and install Vista or Windows 7 on it and load whichever OS you need for whichever game you want to play.

So simple and didn't even cross my mind...tried all the fancy complicated stuff first cause I like stress and complications. Thanks, I'll give this a try.
Tamha
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2014 June 29, 05:30:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Relevant information for any other users wishing to continue to play TS2 despite it's age:

Install your game to an alternate location. Do not install to the default C:/Program Files (x86) location, but in another directory or another harddrive.

It's that simple, no need for compatibility markers (which is good because they're disable on the main .exe and only available on the Launcher), or having to alter your UAC settings.

A mean person laughs with you because they don't really mean it. A really mean person just laughs at you.
jrcaporal
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2014 July 22, 19:24:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was having this issue with the UC, the game simply freezes after the Intro video finishes. I tried everything (WXP SP2 compatibility mode and every other Windows version, changing the config files values, ect...) until I read a post at MTS that said you just had to wait (about 5-10 minutes) and the game would unfreeze, which happens to be the true.

Nothing to see here.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: