More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 22:05:18

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Converting UL rabbit holes to function as hospital/city hall/bookstore etc.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Converting UL rabbit holes to function as hospital/city hall/bookstore etc.  (Read 10308 times)
Incognito
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Converting UL rabbit holes to function as hospital/city hall/bookstore etc.
« on: 2014 January 27, 09:43:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The subject pretty much explains it all. I'm working on a world with an Oxford/Cambridge type look and the UL rabbit hole shells would be perfect for everyday rabbit holes. If someone has already done something similar to this elsewhere, then my extensive search seems to have missed it. But, basically, is there anyway to change the function of rabbit hole shells? Turn the admin centre into city hall, for example, or the arts building into a bookstore. You get the idea. I figured it was at least worth asking, since there are plenty of rabbit hole rugs/doors around.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
Re: Converting UL rabbit holes to function as hospital/city hall/bookstore etc.
« Reply #1 on: 2014 January 27, 13:28:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It would probably be easier to just use the existing rabbithole rugs/doors and create your own.  You'd get a lot more creative control that way, since the shells aren't customizable and tend to take up entirely too much space.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
tizerist
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2014 February 01, 19:41:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You need to open up the UNI fullbuild.package with s3pe, right click on the rabbit hole that you want to change, and edit the OBJK settings and put in a new code from the list below to reflect what you want it to be. Commit the changes, right click your rabbit hole, and export a package file with your changes.

bookstore RH......................Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.RabbitHoles.Bookstore
business RH.......................Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.RabbitHoles.BusinessAndJournalismRabbitHole
city hall RH......................Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.RabbitHoles.CityHall
criminal RH.......................Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.RabbitHoles.Hideout
diner RH..........................Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.RabbitHoles.Diner
grocers RH........................Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.RabbitHoles.Grocery
hospital RH.......................Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.RabbitHoles.Hospital
MAUSOLEUM RH......................Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.RabbitHoles.Mausoleum
military RH.......................Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.RabbitHoles.MilitaryBase
movie studio RH...................Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.RabbitHoles.MovieSet
police RH.........................Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.RabbitHoles.PoliceStation
school RH.........................Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.RabbitHoles.SchoolRabbitHole
science RH........................Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.RabbitHoles.ScienceLab
spa RH............................Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.RabbitHoles.DaySpa
sports RH.........................Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.RabbitHoles.Stadium
theatre RH........................Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.RabbitHoles.Theatre
trains............................Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.RabbitHoles.Subway
Incognito
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2014 February 11, 21:46:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is marvellous news. Any hints on how to convert them to the combined rabbit holes? I'm assuming it would be equally simple, such as just putting in "Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.RabbitHoles.BookstoreAndSpa", or something similar.

EDIT: So, yes, this works, and is rather simple to do so. I converted the Annex RH into a school/stadium combo simply by looking up the appropriate code (Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.RabbitHoles.ComboSchoolStadium) but they act as default replacements and when I sent my sim to get a job at the new stadium, it came up as "BlahBlah needs to be at the Schmidt Memorial Stadium and Annex..." Any ideas on how to change the names of the rabbitholes, and have them appear as separate packages? This is my first foray into anything beyond simply playing the game, if it wasn't obvious.
« Last Edit: 2014 February 11, 22:20:48 by Incognito » Logged
tizerist
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2014 February 16, 20:36:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When a sim buys out a lot, they can rename it.
Levini
Corpulent Cretin

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2014 February 23, 01:35:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is marvellous news. Any hints on how to convert them to the combined rabbit holes? I'm assuming it would be equally simple, such as just putting in "Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.RabbitHoles.BookstoreAndSpa", or something similar.

EDIT: So, yes, this works, and is rather simple to do so. I converted the Annex RH into a school/stadium combo simply by looking up the appropriate code (Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.RabbitHoles.ComboSchoolStadium) but they act as default replacements and when I sent my sim to get a job at the new stadium, it came up as "BlahBlah needs to be at the Schmidt Memorial Stadium and Annex..." Any ideas on how to change the names of the rabbitholes, and have them appear as separate packages? This is my first foray into anything beyond simply playing the game, if it wasn't obvious.

What you did was probably clone it without making it unique. In S3OC, you must tick Renumber/Rename internally and set it up with a new name. As far as changing the names of the rabbitholes themselves (I think it only applies to catalog description), it would be in the STBLs which can be edited from S3OC.

I am a beacon of sin.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: