More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 16, 05:11:38

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Mods folder gone?!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Mods folder gone?!  (Read 8340 times)
Humla
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Mods folder gone?!
« on: 2013 November 29, 16:34:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, I need some help.

It started when I updated my game to 1.63 and I tried to fix the fact that rotating the camera angle is quite laggy and takes foreveeer!
So I read somewhere it might be caused by some outdated mods so I started with my Nraas Mods that I just updated to the correct patch, and when I went in game after clearing my caches, all of my CC was gone. My Mods folder was gone and it was like it never existed. So I tried to reset my computer to a point where I knew I didn't have any problems. My Mods folder was back again - but empty.

What to do?! I don't want to lose all of my beautiful CC.
Cyberdodo
FURRY!
Feckless Fool

View Profile
Re: Mods folder gone?!
« Reply #1 on: 2013 November 29, 18:42:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As a general rule of thumb, files and folders do not delete themselves. If you're positive you did not accidentally delete your mods folder while you were deleting caches, you may have larger problems than just some lost CC. Run a diagnostic on your hard drive.

Also, reseting Windows to a prior restore point does not recover deleted files. It's for dealing with a corrupted registry.  Keep backups of important files.

Anyway, did losing all your CC fix the laggy camera?

Slap a man silly with a fish, and he'll smell like fish for a day.
Teach a man to fish, and he'll go to the bait & tackle store, and stop bothering you.
Humla
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2013 November 29, 20:09:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am positive I did not delete it, yes. This has happened once before, when I had backups of the Mods folder, but since I do not have access to that external hard drive now, I kind of need to solve this.

When I open the game now it says: "It looks like you have installed an unofficial game modification that does not match your current version of The Sims 3. We recommend that you either uninstall these game modifications or get updated versions of them - otherwise you may experience crashes or significant bugs."
But I don't have any mods installed at all?  Huh
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2013 November 29, 21:57:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You must be looking in the wrong place or you've let your OS hide folders for some reason. The second of these is would be a SNAFU of great arse.

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: