More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 03:33:08

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  What are these?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: What are these?  (Read 4854 times)
Catju
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
What are these?
« on: 2013 October 16, 14:01:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I started having problems with my game, so I removed my TS3-folder and started a new game. Everything's been fine ever since, except for this one really annoying thing.

At first it was just my family's Uni house. A round-shaped mirror-like object suddenly appeared on the living room floor. Can't be deleted, can't be moved. I'm not even sure if it's an object or some sort of bug in graphics.
After the family moved back home, a similar one appeared on their house, at the same spot it was in the Uni house. So, I made them move to an empty lot and built a new house.

Eventually one of their kids moved out. I started playing with his family. He was then invited to a party to his parents' house. At the party I noticed that there was a new mirror-thingy on the floor of their "new" house as well. After the party I made the parents' family active, and when I went to see their house, this is what I found:

I'm sure I'm not the first one to see these, but English is not my mother language and I have MS which makes it really hard to concentrate and understand things, so I'm not sure where and how to look. What are those and how do I get rid of them?

I have all expansions and stuff packs. They're all Arrr'd, but that was never a problem with sims 2 (not saying that couldn't be the reason now). I have the newest Awesome Mod, 3Booter and fps-limiter. Removing those doesn't solve the problem. Everything should be in the right place and also I've checked each and every file and there should be no other CC in my game.

If there's a topic about this somewhere, a link will do just fine. I hope.
snabul
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Re: What are these?
« Reply #1 on: 2013 October 16, 14:19:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The name of the shapes is "SocialJigTwoPerson".
They appear when two sims start talking, but some bug let them stay even after the socializing is over.
You can delete them manually if you set moveobject ON.

Keep Your game up to date and give some money to pescado for his and his fellows great and awesome support.

Use awesomemod

edit typo

edit:
You can find out what action causes this shape to appear (i.e. take picture with self) and look for a mod that stops this action, until this bug is repaired.
« Last Edit: 2013 October 16, 14:29:25 by snabul » Logged
munds
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2013 October 16, 15:48:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This thread might be of interest to you: https://nraas.wikispaces.com/share/view/61664426

It seems that one way to go is using MC to delete them all, and then letting ErrorTrap remove the new ones every time the game loads. Seems there's no complete fix for it yet.
« Last Edit: 2013 October 16, 15:55:26 by munds » Logged
Catju
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2013 October 16, 17:41:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh my God, thank you so much! I managed to delete them using moveobjects ON. (duh! why didn't I think of that)

I'm just happy it was an EA bug and that I hadn't done something terribly wrong.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2013 October 16, 20:11:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do sims take selfies autonomously? I don't recall mine doing that.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: