More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 16, 19:34:17

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  University Students - New issues (beside the reset)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: University Students - New issues (beside the reset)  (Read 5989 times)
Rubyelf
Feckless Fool

Fiddlesticks!

View Profile
University Students - New issues (beside the reset)
« on: 2013 October 15, 04:10:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So beside the reset that I posted in a previous topic, I have no received a number of new bugs regarding university.

Here is the story, I sent both my sims to university for 2 weeks, both of them have kept high score and successfully finished their first week of Uni. During the second week a strange bug occured, my sims suddenly started AGING. They could no longer go to classes (unless I quit and reloaded), and on top of that when I tried to go back to the home town to go work on a house, it was gone....it was treating the University town as the home town, but not as the hometown, does that make sense? Basically it would let me travel to Egypt/China/France but it wouldn't let me go back to my hometown. For some reason though when I went into edit town it also forced me into choosing a new place to reside....but with no sims. So I tried selecting the house that had my sims in it already, but when it entered I had no selections for sims at all, and couldn't do anything. Suffice to say it appeared that save was corrupted. So I went back to an earlier save, and it seemed fine for a day, they weren't aging, I could see the home town again, but then after a day of playing, they started aging again, and the hometown had vanished...

Does anyone have an idea of what could have occured here? And if there is anyway to fix this?!

High Distinctions for Forensic Analytical Science? CHECK! Honours? CHECK! Scholarship for PHD after completing my Majors? CHECK!
Cyberdodo
FURRY!
Feckless Fool

View Profile
Re: University Students - New issues (beside the reset)
« Reply #1 on: 2013 October 17, 20:35:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Something has gone fubar.  Going back to an even older save than the one you went back to, one predating going to University, is probably the only reasonable fix.

If even going back to before Uni, this still happens, then I would have to say something corrupted the expansion or the whole game, not just the save.

Slap a man silly with a fish, and he'll smell like fish for a day.
Teach a man to fish, and he'll go to the bait & tackle store, and stop bothering you.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2013 October 18, 12:55:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The travel system in TS3 has always been prone to Weird Shit.  Always create a separate save file before you travel.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
CLmeow
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2013 October 28, 03:41:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had two in Uni and had the same thing happen. I had to delete the whole thing, saved them to bin, and started over.  Now when I try to add them to a town, it crashes the game.  I will hate to lose the fambly but I think the game is borked there.

Cats don't hunt seals. They would if they knew what they were and where to find them. But they don't, so that's all right. - Terry Pratchett
Cats instinctively know the exact moment their owners will wake up. Then they wake them 10 minutes sooner.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2013 October 28, 12:56:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I believe the 1.63 patch is supposed to fix University travel.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: