More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 16:25:41

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Cannot bypass the launcher; extra folder "Packs" in the Bin folder
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Cannot bypass the launcher; extra folder "Packs" in the Bin folder  (Read 16174 times)
rosenshyne
Dimwitted Dunce

I/ENFJ

View Profile WWW
Cannot bypass the launcher; extra folder "Packs" in the Bin folder
« on: 2013 September 26, 13:41:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have an issue when trying to bypass the launcher. When I go into C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin to start the game directly from the .exe, there is no .exe. Instead, there is an additional folder called Packs. Inside that folder are three more folders, called TS3EP06, TS3EP06BETA, and TS3SP05. Finally, each of these folders contains an .exe corresponding to the name of the folder, but when I try to run the game from one of these, it asks for the registration code. Fine. When I enter the registration code, the code is not recognized, and it will not run the game from the .exe. I have a Sims 3 Starter Pack containing the Base Game,Late Night and Loft Stuff, as well as Generations and Supernatural installed.

Has anyone encountered this issue before? If so, any suggestions on how to bypass the launcher with this type of installation?

kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
Re: Cannot bypass the launcher; extra folder "Packs" in the Bin folder
« Reply #1 on: 2013 September 26, 14:29:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just out of curiosity, what .exe are you looking for? Like the actual name of it, I know the answer you're supposed to give; just wondering if you do.

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
rosenshyne
Dimwitted Dunce

I/ENFJ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2013 September 26, 14:48:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Either TS3.exe or TS3W.exe; it shouldn't have the word "launcher" anywhere in it.

munds
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2013 September 26, 17:25:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you buy the game(s) through Origins, installed it from disc(s), pirated it, or installed it through Steam?

I don't see why you feel the "Packs" folder is an "extra" folder? It's supposed to be there.
rosenshyne
Dimwitted Dunce

I/ENFJ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2013 September 26, 22:30:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you buy the game(s) through Origins, installed it from disc(s), pirated it, or installed it through Steam?
They were all installed off a disk; the Base Game, Late Night, and Loft Stuff were a Starter Pack, and Generations and Supernatural were seperate.

I don't see why you feel the "Packs" folder is an "extra" folder? It's supposed to be there.
In every thread I could find on the subject of bypassing the launcher, the instructions state that the .exe I need to run the game off of is directly inside the Bin folder. I have to go two folders deeper, and the .exe files I can find don't work, leading me to believe that this set-up is not the norm. If your game folders are set up this way, then please advise me on how you were able to bypass the Launcher.

HomeschooledByTards
Senator

warm n jiggly

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2013 September 26, 22:57:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know what your problem is. This is an ID-10-T error.

HINT: What directory does your launcher run from?

[19:30] <sooze> YAY BFFs
[19:30] <sooze> Bestest Foes Forever
rosenshyne
Dimwitted Dunce

I/ENFJ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2013 September 27, 01:15:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not sure I understand your hint. The launcher that runs right now comes out of the Electronic Arts folder; I found the Origina Games folder, and tried going that route. I was able to find the TS3.exe file, but when I run it the launcher still pops.

HomeschooledByTards
Senator

warm n jiggly

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2013 September 27, 01:25:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

HINT: You're running the wrong TS3.exe. Look through some of the other folders in Electronic Arts.

[19:30] <sooze> YAY BFFs
[19:30] <sooze> Bestest Foes Forever
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2013 September 27, 05:14:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Run the latest .exe file, not the one from the base game.
Grimma
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2013 September 27, 08:28:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is this an "original game bought with moneys" issue? ETA: Or maybe a Movie Stuffs thing? Because I run my arred game from the basegame TS3W.exe and it works fine launcher free - I have all EPs and some SPs.
« Last Edit: 2013 September 27, 08:43:07 by Grimma » Logged

WARNING:PMs may be published if it contains butthurt or sporking which belong on the boards. And if I feel like it
rosenshyne
Dimwitted Dunce

I/ENFJ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2013 September 29, 13:25:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried running the game from both the TS3EP07.exe in the Supernatural folder, and the TS#EP04.exe in Generations; both pull the launcher. At this point, I feel like it's my "reward" for actually buying the game. Does anyone have any other ideas?

jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2013 October 04, 17:37:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you're using something like 3Booter, it needs to stay in the base game folder.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
michelou
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2013 October 05, 14:50:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My own shortcut, which quite frankly I have had from the beginning and have never, ever changed, way back when the Sims Gurus gave this info to bypass the launcher when it didn't work at all at game launch and people were not able to run their game at all, has always worked. I now have a mixture of purchased and purloined expansion and stuff packs and this shortcut always works and never brings up the launcher. So, I don't think it can be a purchased problem. I got my .exe from "C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin\TS3W.exe". 
Tangie
Exasperating Eyesore

INFJ

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2013 October 18, 22:47:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

On my laptop I downloaded the BG and EP's from Origin and now I can't run it from the exe either. I already know this is an issue with a newish base game that doesn't allow it now. I just need to uninstall the BG and reinstall my original disk BG and I'll be able to run it from the exe.

Do you have the original base game or do you have the one that says something about 'social features' at the very top of the case? That version won't let you run the game from exe. I've never heard of anyone having an extra "packs" folder, though.

Oh wait, I just checked and now I see the Packs folder. You shouldn't need to go into that folder though because the ts3w.exe file is located in the first Bin folder.

« Last Edit: 2013 October 18, 22:53:04 by Tangie » Logged
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2013 October 19, 02:38:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is how EA rewards yall for buying their wonderful games, SMH.

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
Ryslin
Dimwitted Dunce

I/E NF P/J- Yah , what about it?

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2013 October 19, 19:05:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have all my sims games registered through Origin (easier to download than the steam mess), I am up to date sans the next xpac future shit?

I have no problems playing with either 3booter (put in the root:\programfiles(x86)\origin games\) nor do I have any trouble pulling the TS3SP09.exe out of root\programfiles(x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 3 Movie Stuff\Game\Bin folder.

My conclusion from all this is one of two things, either you only downloaded the installers (that defaultly end up in \programfiles\origin but not programfiles\origin games\) or the installation was blocked on some level and you're missing files.

Neither of which I can verify but that is just what I can see from information given. If you only have an origin folder and not an origin games folder you have to open up origin and install each pack/expansion. None of them will install past the base game til you run the base game patcher at least once. It even tells you that when it errors, but it could have been missed if you just left it to download wile you did other things.

Never underestimate the power of human stupidity.
brownlustgirl
Knuckleheaded Knob

Giving EA the finger!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2013 October 24, 10:45:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you have the base game named Refresh or bought a deluxe EP that includes the base game during 2012, I think, then you will not be able to bypass the launcher with the .exe.  It will auto update your game too, because the launcher always comes up. Sorry.

"So you have to be hungry to eat, right? Hmph, imagine that concept."  Kirstie Alley
CLmeow
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2013 October 24, 21:20:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just use 3booter.  I do and have never had a problem with it.

Cats don't hunt seals. They would if they knew what they were and where to find them. But they don't, so that's all right. - Terry Pratchett
Cats instinctively know the exact moment their owners will wake up. Then they wake them 10 minutes sooner.
Tangie
Exasperating Eyesore

INFJ

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2013 October 26, 13:36:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you have the base game named Refresh or bought a deluxe EP that includes the base game during 2012, I think, then you will not be able to bypass the launcher with the .exe.  It will auto update your game too, because the launcher always comes up. Sorry.

Thanks for explaining it better than I did! This doesn't really pertain to whether or not you have the disk version or you downloaded the Origin version, it depends on which version of the Base Game you have, which has to do with when you acquired it.

I installed the BG and EP's on my laptop last November so it gave me the newer version of the BG that won't let you bypass Origin and start the game from the exe. So any BG that was purchased or downloaded within the past year is going to be a problem. I read where those who were downloading Movie Stuff or ITF from Origin were getting a message stating that their game wasn't compatible (or something like that) and they were being directed to uninstall/re-install. This is a lie. There is nothing wrong with people's base games other than the fact that you aren't forced to use Origin. This is just a ploy to get people to install the newer BG version that requires Origin.

I also read that you can click on the "i" and it allows you to proceed with your SP or EP download without re-installing the BG. I haven't personally tested this because I haven't used Origin to download a game for almost a year.
Skoria_bay
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2013 October 26, 13:58:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have recently reinstalled my game and I used Origin to do so. If you click on the "i" to install the game, it does let you proceed.

Pescado: I will THROW THEM IN A VAT OF BOILING SHARKS!
mustluvcatz: So, what good would a vat of boiling sharks do? I mean, wouldn't the sharks be dead?
Pescado: SILENCE!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: