More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 11:57:35

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Playing IP, my game run jerkily
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Playing IP, my game run jerkily  (Read 20223 times)
Skoria_bay
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Playing IP, my game run jerkily
« Reply #25 on: 2013 July 17, 01:21:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm pretty sure phoenixc said the other worlds were OK. I would try a fresh game of IP.

Just load the game, go to the main menu and start a new IP game, phoenixc.

I tried.... I believe skadi is right .... If routing has to do with the continuity of the animation then it means that it is the IP town fault.
Using doesn't mather what boats on a custom world, the moving has continuity.... all the sim animation has continuity...

By the way, my boats never did go on the field or on the road...

Conclusion: Island Paradise disappointed me with animation parameters.

Have you tried removing the school/sports arena and replacing it with two separate buildings? Apparently that building is causing a whole lot of problems and some of the problems clear up when the building is deleted and two new buildings added. Of course the routing issues aren't solve, but it might help with the animation.

Pescado: I will THROW THEM IN A VAT OF BOILING SHARKS!
mustluvcatz: So, what good would a vat of boiling sharks do? I mean, wouldn't the sharks be dead?
Pescado: SILENCE!
phoenixc
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2013 July 17, 03:35:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I will try... Nothing to lose. I hope that will improve the game.

The words are the soul image
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2013 July 17, 07:14:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The stuttering reminds me strongly of the problems in Shang Simla, where sims have massive problems to get to The Hot Springs and Dragon Springs. Setting those lots to "No visitors allowed" usually solves it. There have been reports about routing issues in the Hobart's Hideout resort, which might be the cause for the jerkiness of IP. You could try the solution from Cincrit's blog, tear down the resort or just change the lot type.

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

phoenixc
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2013 July 17, 10:02:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I read Cincrit's blog .... I will try even that... Maybe is better delete all and rebuild the city.... Cheesy

Skoria_bay
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2013 July 17, 10:32:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's certainly a solution.  Wink

Pescado: I will THROW THEM IN A VAT OF BOILING SHARKS!
mustluvcatz: So, what good would a vat of boiling sharks do? I mean, wouldn't the sharks be dead?
Pescado: SILENCE!
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2013 July 18, 06:21:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I read Cincrit's blog .... I will try even that... Maybe is better delete all and rebuild the city.... Cheesy

If you don't care for the EAxian townies, there's no need to delete everything. It's enough to remove all sims from the island because no-one trying to go anywhere = no routing problems. You can get rid of them with "therapture" (Awesomemod). That's what I did, et voilą - no more jerkiness. Some NPCs got generated anew to fill the various roles (stylists, consignment store clerks, paper 6s etc.), but the frequent stuttering is nothing compared to what it was when I started out with an untouched IP.
You'll need Awesomemod for this, obviously Wink.

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

phoenixc
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2013 July 18, 14:19:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you don't care for the EAxian townies, there's no need to delete everything. It's enough to remove all sims from the island because no-one trying to go anywhere = no routing problems. You can get rid of them with "therapture" (Awesomemod). That's what I did, et voilą - no more jerkiness. Some NPCs got generated anew to fill the various roles (stylists, consignment store clerks, paper 6s etc.), but the frequent stuttering is nothing compared to what it was when I started out with an untouched IP.
You'll need Awesomemod for this, obviously Wink.

To remove all the townies I don't need AM. I can evict and delete them on edit towns ... So, I will be alone in the town... my sims and maybe some NPC... no one as neighbor... no social life... I don't know, I don't like to live alone...
It's true that too much movement in the background leads to jerky game, but....

Maybe a modder can repair the routing on town...

I started a new game, I decreased the levels of options, I have enabled the option for fast systems and found that disruptions have dwindled. The animation still has a few problems, but it's better anyway, it has more fluidity.
I am so confused because I do not find a final solution...

I play sims since sims1 appeared, but it is the first time that the game is below my expectations from the technical point of view.

Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2013 July 18, 15:33:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To remove all the townies I don't need AM. I can evict and delete them on edit towns ...

But you *are* aware that with Awesomemod, it's just one entry into the cheat panel instead of evicting every single household, right?

So, I will be alone in the town... my sims and maybe some NPC... no one as neighbor... no social life...

Heh, for me, that's an added bonus - no stupid ass townies to annoy my loner sims Tongue. But hey, if you want to keep them, have it your way.

phoenixc
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2013 July 18, 18:55:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I will try another new game, I will evict everybody, because I want to see if the animation will be more fluid....

phoenixc
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2013 July 19, 15:11:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I found IP as empty world. My question is: routing is something else than rebuilding on the empty existing lots?

RebelRed
The Evil Psycho
Feckless Fool

No fucks given

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2013 July 24, 00:03:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I understand that English is not your first language, but do not double post.  Okay? Edit your first post .

meh.
Cyberdodo
FURRY!
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2013 July 24, 00:21:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I found IP as empty world. My question is: routing is something else than rebuilding on the empty existing lots?

Yes, routing is also how the sims get to the lots, empty or not.  In a world with bad routing, sims will get stuck while on their way to a lot.

If it takes some time before your game starts running jerkily, then resetting all the sims in the world will help for a while.

Slap a man silly with a fish, and he'll smell like fish for a day.
Teach a man to fish, and he'll go to the bait & tackle store, and stop bothering you.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2013 July 24, 16:51:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Twallan's Overwatch helps a lot.  It performs a stuck check every night and resets all stuck sims.  You can also perform the stuck check manually at any time if your game starts bogging down before 3AM.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: