More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 12:02:06

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Sims 3 on eBay rant and questions
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Sims 3 on eBay rant and questions  (Read 3483 times)
claudiasharon
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Sims 3 on eBay rant and questions
« on: 2013 July 09, 16:41:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

First of all, I sold one of my Sims games on ebay. The guy who bought it, is trying to scam me, at least I am 99.9% sure of it. He claims he can't install the game, that the code was already used. Well, of course, I used it. But in the past I had it installed on multiple computers, without Origin installed mind you, and it worked just fine. I now only have it installed on one, that has Origin installed on it.

So my question is, can I have the game installed on multiple computers (um, yes because I did this already so it should work for him, right?) and the Sims 3 computer game bought in the USA will not work on a computer in Israel, right? It has different regions when you update the game, so Israel must be a different region than the US, right?

The thing is, first he said he didn't receive the damn game, and now he's saying it won't install. He also says the game is now in Israel. I'm like OK, I shipped it to him in the US. How am I to know what he's going to do with the damn thing?

I am pissed. I already called eBay once on this guy, am trying to contact EA and ask these questions and then I'll contact eBay again. If anyone has any suggestions, it would be helpful.

Also I sold my Sims 3 games in the past on eBay and had no issues. So it's got to be this guy's user error, right?

He wants a full refund, I said fine, ship it back to me and you will get it. He says I have to pay for the shipping from Israel. I'm like, I don't think so, as that's not where I shipped it to. The bastard is trying to scam me. This is the last time I sell the game on eBay, ugh.

"Dr Jackson is going to die when he sees this."
"What, again?"
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
Re: Sims 3 on eBay rant and questions
« Reply #1 on: 2013 July 09, 17:52:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

He's totes trying to run a fast one on you, or he's a fucktard. What I usually do for the packs I really want is but them, install them, resell them on Ebay. You can use the serial number any amount of times you want. You can only register the game on thesims3.com once though. Is that what he's trying to do? The game would only be in israel if he chose the language upon installation.  You do not need Origin for any reason if you have the discs. Can you link the listing or post the description you gave? What did you put as your return policy? If he's experiencing PEBKAC you should not have to pay for return shipping or even accept a return. Or you can go find a serial generator for whichever game it was and give him a new serial.

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
Baronetess
spaceface
Retarded Reprobate

Lost in Middle-earth

View Profile
Re: Sims 3 on eBay rant and questions
« Reply #2 on: 2013 July 10, 11:03:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Definitely a scammer. He can't remember his own lies.

The code won't work for him on the website of course but that has *nothing* to do with playing the game itself. Where he takes the game has got nothing to do with you. You are not liable to pay any extra shipping.

For the record, I just reinstalled my game on a different computer and it worked fine. I now have it on my PC and on my laptop.

Tell him to stop bothering you and make sure you report him to EBay.

More F than you
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: