More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 07:35:07

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Deleting the buggers
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Deleting the buggers  (Read 8097 times)
MrsCrumplebottom
Blathering Buffoon

Shadilay!

View Profile
Deleting the buggers
« on: 2013 July 08, 21:01:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

First off, I did search the forums for an answer, since I assumed the question may have come up before.

Now then:  I am wondering if it's safe to delete Sims in TS3, whether it's by turning on testing cheats, shift-clicking on the Sim, and selecting Delete; or by evicting the household and deleting from there.

By "safe" I mean "no BFBVFS is going to ensue."

REEEEEE!!!
Skadi
Mushroom Girl
Senator

Spiderkiller

View Profile WWW
Re: Deleting the buggers
« Reply #1 on: 2013 July 08, 21:05:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I regularly delete households after evicting them without issue, I've also used the awesomemod rapture/ townie removal features without any issues. I haven't tried deleting a sim in game with shift-click though.
TS3 doesn't have the same level of interconnectedness between sims as TS2, so there should be no real issues with nuking. After all, the game randomly "moves" people away by design.

MrsCrumplebottom
Blathering Buffoon

Shadilay!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2013 July 08, 21:08:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, that's what I was thinking, Skadi--no interconnectedness, and the fact that the game itself moves them out.

(Of course I'm still a bit wary, given EA's penchant for offering options that will break the game...such as deleting Sims from the Sim Bin in TS2.  Can you really blame me here?   Wink )

Thanks! 

REEEEEE!!!
Bugger
Lipless Loser

off on another strange Bugger tangent...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2013 July 09, 00:51:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Consider this my official complaint about the post title. I'd post it in the cheese with your wine section, but I could die of starvation before Cockular gets around to supplying the cheese. Angry

<Dark_Trepie> Booty's go OHHH!. Pirate Booty's go ARRR!
Skadi
Mushroom Girl
Senator

Spiderkiller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2013 July 09, 04:28:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Consider this my official complaint about the post title. I'd post it in the cheese with your wine section, but I could die of starvation before Cockular gets around to supplying the cheese. Angry
It's "Deleting the buggers" Bliss, not bugger. After all, we can't have more than one of you.

virgali
Malodorous Moron

Do you see a midget Hitler?!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2013 July 09, 20:11:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's probably not relevant but there are problems and glitches when the game decides to move families out of the world. Shimrod made a mod specifically to prevent this from happening since people were experiencing certain issues when SP randomly picked a family to discard from the 'hood. Just in case I would definitely use a mod to either delete the families or break all ties of the household in the world prior to deletion. It could be that AM or other mods do this automatically when you use them to delete sims.

Do you need someone to organize your sock drawer?
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2013 July 09, 22:39:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've missed Bugger.  Bugger doesn't #grah any more.  Angry

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Bugger
Lipless Loser

off on another strange Bugger tangent...

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2013 July 11, 03:43:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't #grah anymore because SOME people keep chasing me back under the bed with horrid fucking clowns. Damn you, that one is going to give me IRL nightmares.

<Dark_Trepie> Booty's go OHHH!. Pirate Booty's go ARRR!
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2013 July 12, 14:22:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't #grah anymore because SOME people keep chasing me back under the bed with horrid fucking clowns. Damn you, that one is going to give me IRL nightmares.

Yeah, "under the bed" is probably the best place to hide from clowns.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
daisylee
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2013 July 25, 03:10:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I deleted an individual sim or two a few years ago and will not do it again. I had problems with stuck sims, sims dropped partially down into the floor, and invisible sims. My advice is not to do it, per my experience. I did it in 2 but will not in 3. I evict sims and let them die on the clipboard all the time with no issues.
MrsCrumplebottom
Blathering Buffoon

Shadilay!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2013 August 02, 18:50:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I deleted an individual sim or two a few years ago and will not do it again. I had problems with stuck sims, sims dropped partially down into the floor, and invisible sims. My advice is not to do it, per my experience. I did it in 2 but will not in 3. I evict sims and let them die on the clipboard all the time with no issues.

Did you have the stuck/partially in the floor/invisible Sims in TS2 or TS3?

As another poster pointed out, they're more interconnected in TS2.  In TS3 the memory system is a bit different (and crappy IMO so I shut it off).

REEEEEE!!!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: