More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 11:20:59

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  AwesomeMod not recognized
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: AwesomeMod not recognized  (Read 11913 times)
Ashtaroth
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
AwesomeMod not recognized
« on: 2013 August 28, 19:31:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, so I spent the past hour or two playing around with AM and where I put the files and all that. I've read every sticky and topic I can find that seemed to have the answers I need, and nothing has worked.

I've installed AwesomeMod the way it is explained in the thread "What needs to go where to make AM work". I've double and triple checked and everything is exactly where it's meant to be, yet every time I start up my Sims 3 game it acts as if it isn't there. I've tried everything and just can't seem to figure out what it is I'm doing wrong. Is there any information I somehow missed? Is there anything else I need to post/take screencaps of/etc. in order to explain the issue?

Basically, anyone feel like helping out an idiot?
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: AwesomeMod not recognized
« Reply #1 on: 2013 August 28, 19:46:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What exactly are you expecting to see?  AwesomeMod is not visible in any way.  It does its stuff in the background while you play.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2013 August 28, 20:28:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No. Go find one of the countless number of other useless "I'm a speshul snowflaek so I'll start my own thread" threads and figure it out yourself. Lurk moar, solve your own wittle probwem then GTFO.

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
Starler
Senator

Fun for the whole fambly.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2013 August 28, 20:50:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We cannot do that. Doing so would only encourage more idiotic posts like this.

Keeping this here for when Titlights forgets that it doesn't have anything better to do than hang out at MATY.
Ashtaroth
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2013 August 28, 20:53:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I read many times that there was a command to enter that would tell you if it was working or not. Every time I tried it didn't show up.

I read over 20 threads and tried everything I could find and nothing worked. I thought maybe my issue was something newer or some issue with my system, etc. Didn't think it would hurt to try. Isn't it easier to ignore it than to bother with the baby talk?

I guess I didn't realize that my actual question was the same as people that don't bother to type anything out and don't bother to look in the obvious places. Okay, I made a mistake and misjudged the way this forum worked. You can stop now.
Starler
Senator

Fun for the whole fambly.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2013 August 28, 23:07:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I read many times that there was a command to enter that would tell you if it was working or not. Every time I tried it didn't show up.

What command is that? How do we know you are not doing it wrong if you don't tell us? What happens when you input said command?

I read over 20 threads and tried everything I could find and nothing worked. I thought maybe my issue was something newer or some issue with my system, etc. Didn't think it would hurt to try. Isn't it easier to ignore it than to bother with the baby talk?

And you didn't see any of these "baby talk" responses in those threads? Which ones did you read? Also, I find your post to be much more emblematic of baby talk than any of the light sporkings that have been sent your way. If anything, the response to yet another one of these threads is incredibly mild. Ignoring this type of post simply invites more of its kind, and that would be unacceptable.

I guess I didn't realize that my actual question was the same as people that don't bother to type anything out and don't bother to look in the obvious places.

Wait, what? Didn't you just accuse us of baby talk? My six year old nephew can write more coherent sentences than that.

Okay, I made a mistake and misjudged the way this forum worked.

This could have been avoided if you read the "READ THIS BEFORE POSTING" sticky. Oh well, what's done is done.

You can stop now.

Not while you're still here posting. That would be rude to everyone else.

Keeping this here for when Titlights forgets that it doesn't have anything better to do than hang out at MATY.
Skoria_bay
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2013 August 29, 10:31:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I read and reread many threads on this forum about Awesome Mod, how to install it, what to do when it doesn't "work" and yes, where to find the command to check to see if it's working. I installed it without adding any additional threads to the this forum. *shakes head* I really wonder if anyone reads any more.

Pescado: I will THROW THEM IN A VAT OF BOILING SHARKS!
mustluvcatz: So, what good would a vat of boiling sharks do? I mean, wouldn't the sharks be dead?
Pescado: SILENCE!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: