More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 15:42:57

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Sound Issues Paradise Island
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Sound Issues Paradise Island  (Read 39003 times)
ShortyBoo
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
Re: Sound Issues Paradise Island
« Reply #25 on: 2013 July 01, 16:18:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I played for a bit last night and I didn't run into the sound issue. I did, however notice a sim riding down the street in a jetski. Other than that, I haven't noticed any issues.
runesong
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2013 July 01, 17:14:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I bought mine at Walmart.  I'm always signed into my account when I play.  I tried removing Awesome and the problem was still there.  I too, removed my cashe files.  I had played the game since the day of release with no problem until I installed the 1.55 test version.  The only thing that worked for me was starting a new game in a different world (Sunlit Tides).  I played all day yesterday with no sound problem.
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2013 July 01, 17:44:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know if this is an AM thing or not, but the street art set in my sim's inventory is not useable.  When I click it, I get a hand to take it out or I get the option to give it as a gift.  I tried taking mods out and putting them back, still the same thing.  I also bought a new one, set it on the street and still no option to use it.
Thanks

Do you have the street art skill?  I couldn't access the bag until my sim had, I think, at least one skill point, then they could use it.

On a different note, I was wondering if the people with sound issues could state what neigbourhood or world they are playing in, it would make it easier to identify if it is just IP or if it has infected everything, especially as some people are claiming no problems with the sound.
« Last Edit: 2013 July 01, 17:54:27 by wizard_merlin » Logged

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
rum nate
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2013 July 01, 20:22:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

On a different note, I was wondering if the people with sound issues could state what neigbourhood or world they are playing in, it would make it easier to identify if it is just IP or if it has infected everything, especially as some people are claiming no problems with the sound.

I get the sound issue in St. Claire, a custom world from Awesims.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2013 July 01, 20:54:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You're testing AM for potential bugs in a third party custom world?  And you don't see where there might be a problem with that?

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Seacret
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2013 July 01, 21:15:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't play extensively but I did check Sunset Valley, Dragon Valley and Moonlight Falls. None of them have the sound problem but Isla Paradiso still does. Even if I turn all the sound off in the game and play music instead the music (playing in an outside program) gets affected by this bug. I will note that sound is only affected in Live Mode. In buy/build and edit town the sound works perfectly. This is playing with only AM installed, I haven't tried it vanilla since I already loaned out my game disk so I need AM to bypass the launcher.

I did open a new Isla Paradiso neighbourhood and that had no sound issues, only my saved version of it has the issue. I'm pretty sure the sound was working when I first started playing my saved game. I think it only started going out once I actually saved the neighbourhood. I'm not sure if that's helpful to anyone but I thought I would add that in case it is to someone.
SquishyZergling
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2013 July 02, 03:30:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I live in Moonlight Falls and I do not have IP installed. I can not bring myself to pay more than 20$ for expansion packs. I have had the issues now while at home and at college. It is not a game breaking issue, but it does make playing the game kind of eerie.
vorpal
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2013 July 02, 06:16:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think I have worked out what is causing the sound issues - I have that stupid swan peddle boat in IP and my sound stopped when some townie was on it. Managed to nuke it, no issue.
I am in week 4 now in Isla Paradiso and no sound issues yet. The only time I had it was in a different game there without AM and the Sim was using that boat, too. One should look closer at the Mango household. He's the only one on that island that seems to own one.
And if you're playing without boats, strollers have caused sound issues in my games in the past, too.

Do you have the street art skill?  I couldn't access the bag until my sim had, I think, at least one skill point, then they could use it.
Street art skill is not needed. My new Sim started with a kit and could use it right from the beginning.
SJActress
Knuckleheaded Knob

Suck it, Jesus! This avatar is my God now!

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2013 July 02, 06:23:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think I have worked out what is causing the sound issues - I have that stupid swan peddle boat in IP and my sound stopped when some townie was on it. Managed to nuke it, no issue.

I thought this might have been an issue as well. Today I decided to install Errortrap (which I have used before) and Overwatch (which I have never used). I am not well-versed in these mods, but when I first opened my save game, it took a good five minutes for the game to "think" before it started responding to anything. Once it did, things ran smoothly for a few Sim days. I played without sound problems for longer than usual. Then it kicked in while my Sim was SCUBA diving. I scanned the 'hood and found a guy sitting in a boat with the "route failure" thought bubble. I reset him and the sound returned, but only for a few seconds. Then, that night, Overwatch did its thing, but the sound problems remained (kicking in and out). Now my game is doing that freezing thing, where everything is frozen except sound effects and ambient movement (birds/water/trees/etc.).

Additionally, boats are disappearing from my Sim's inventory. When I find them in the world, they are unselectable. This might be twallan's mods, though, so I'll have to test further.

I am really at a loss here, but I would like to suggest discussing the sound problems on a different thread, as I really don't think it has anything to do with AM.

Who doesn't like kitties? KITTIES! They're cute! They're fuzzy!
Try this before posting, n00b.
Andygal
Deformed Freak
Nitwitted Nuisance

Now with new and improved avatar!

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2013 July 02, 06:26:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I played for a while in a custom neighbourhood today and had no problem with the sound. I think I was in Moonlight Falls when I had the error as well. Mind you that save has been laggy and annoying for a while now, so maybe it's just the save being annoying.
Tirea
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2013 July 02, 18:57:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have this issue too but i have it in Sunlite Tides and all the other store worlds too! Only the few worlds i made myself don't have this issue.
kece
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2013 July 03, 04:27:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't had any sound problems, the problem I have been seeing is that the paparazzi(s) seem to pop onto the House Boat both day and night all the time. It was a little annoying before Paradise Island.............as they were on the property but never entered the house, now they just pop onto the  House Boat at all hours.
Rubyelf
Feckless Fool

Fiddlesticks!

View Profile
Sound is flubbered - also jet ski cars?
« Reply #37 on: 2013 July 04, 07:18:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So I have no idea what has happened, but all of a sudden the sound in my game has gone down the toilet. I know it's the game, because everything else with sound works perfectly fine.

The issue I am having is while I am in live mode only, the sound will suddenly "pop" and then cut out for a couple of seconds, and then pop again and restore back to normal. If I am running at low speed it occurs maybe every 3 seconds, if I run it in the fastest mode, the sound pops, and completely cuts out until I slow it back down and it goes back to normal. If I pause the game the sound returns.

I tried playing with my headset options, different ports etc, it's a brand new pc and headset (less than 2 months old) so I can't see it suddenly dying. I didn't have this issue earlier, it's only just now arisen, and it's really annoying.

Also another unusual issue...my sims are using jet skis as cars. What?

Sound appears to be related with the sims using jet skis etc as cars, after I did a complete neighbourhood reset it was fine, but as soon as sims started using them as cars again, the sound went down the toilet.
« Last Edit: 2013 July 04, 07:42:00 by Rubyelf » Logged

High Distinctions for Forensic Analytical Science? CHECK! Honours? CHECK! Scholarship for PHD after completing my Majors? CHECK!
Slymenstra
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Re: Sound is flubbered - also jet ski cars?
« Reply #38 on: 2013 July 04, 07:33:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am having the same problems. The only common denominator I found for the crapped out sound was it always came on a lot with a wall mounted speaker. I have no idea if that is just a coincidence. I have since gone through and taken out all wall mounted speakers and replaced them with other stereos. So far it is working in my Sunset Valley.

I also have the jet skis. The townies must buy them like a vehicle. Ridiculous. I saw it the first sim hour in the new world, so EA can't tell me they never saw it.

I have a whole host of other problems - Romantic picture taking, crazy things happening with an imaginary friend, crashing due to ram (I haven't had this issue since before seasons). Just very unhappy with this whole thing. University was running flawlessly.
Seacret
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2013 July 04, 09:47:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am having the same problems. The only common denominator I found for the crapped out sound was it always came on a lot with a wall mounted speaker. I have no idea if that is just a coincidence.

I say coincidence because I removed all the wall speakers I could find (not because of the sound issue, I just hate wall mounted speakers) and I'm still having problems. I think Rubyelf might be on to something with the jet skis being used as regular cars as a potential source of the issue.

ETA: Has anyone noticed that it's not just a sound issue in IP? I'm finding that a lot of stuff isn't working properly but ONLY in that neighbourhood. The only option on the styling station is "offer makeover to..." where it normally also gives you the option to makeover self. When I shift click my Sims I'm supposed to get an option to "Edit Sim in CAS" but that option doesn't show on anyone in Isla. I'm sure there is other stuff but that neighbourhood is seriously fucked, more so than usual. It's unfortunate since it is a lovely location.
« Last Edit: 2013 July 04, 13:08:52 by Seacret » Logged
Ms.Perception
Pinheaded Pissant

From me to you.

View Profile
Re: AwesomeMod Bug Report Thread
« Reply #40 on: 2013 July 04, 17:49:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I took out the test version of AM and started the IP neighborhood. So far I haven't had the sound issue and it's been about a game week which is when I usually run into the issue. But I've only been playing off and on. Going to give it more time this afternoon to see if the issue pops back up.

Do you even need one of these when you don't actually post?
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2013 July 04, 18:48:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I saw it the first sim hour in the new world, so EA can't tell me they never saw it.

How do you expect EAxis to see anything when they don't properly test anything?

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
ShortyBoo
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2013 July 04, 21:17:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't have the sound bug at first, but now I do. There's like a static pop sound then no sound for a few seconds until it pops again and the sound comes back. It's happening every few seconds now. I haven't noticed anyone reporting the sound issue outside this site, so I'm guessing it's an AM issue?
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2013 July 04, 22:20:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I only have AM installed and I have the sound issue. Later on today I plan to install Twallan's no CD mod and take out AM, try a new hood and see if I get the issue. If I do, then we can rule out AM.

I did wonder if it's some kind of AM polling issue.

My sound issues started the minute I tried to buy boats for my sims.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Rubyelf
Feckless Fool

Fiddlesticks!

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2013 July 05, 00:21:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I only have AM installed and I have the sound issue. Later on today I plan to install Twallan's no CD mod and take out AM, try a new hood and see if I get the issue. If I do, then we can rule out AM.

I had no sound issue until I installed AM. I realised there was an option in AM that stated "SmarterVehicleChooser - Sims will more intelligently choose which cars to use." Which could affect the choice in regards to jet skis etc.

High Distinctions for Forensic Analytical Science? CHECK! Honours? CHECK! Scholarship for PHD after completing my Majors? CHECK!
summerstormv
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Re: AwesomeMod Bug Report Thread
« Reply #45 on: 2013 July 05, 00:39:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Really hope this sound issue can be fixed soon.  I started a new game awhile ago without awesome mod test version due to the sound issue and had no problems at all. When I saw that awesome mod was available as an update in the downloads today I decided to try again. Within 15 minutes of play the sound issue was back so I took awesome mod out again went to a save that was 2 hours of play before I put awesome mod in and have had no issues. I tried my most recent save after taking awesome mod out again but it would just crash to desktop so I had to back up to the 2 hours earlier one.
ShortyBoo
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2013 July 05, 00:58:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had no sound issue until I installed AM. I realised there was an option in AM that stated "SmarterVehicleChooser - Sims will more intelligently choose which cars to use." Which could affect the choice in regards to jet skis etc.

So it's AM that's causing the sims to use jet skis on roads? I thought that was an EA bug.
SJActress
Knuckleheaded Knob

Suck it, Jesus! This avatar is my God now!

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2013 July 05, 02:56:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I disabled SmarterVehicle to see if that would fix the sound. It did not, although it does stop Sims from driving watercraft on roads. I am completely at a loss here. I cannot find one common denominator causing the sound bug. It's extremely irritating, because the game is unplayable with the bug, but even more unplayable without AM.

Who doesn't like kitties? KITTIES! They're cute! They're fuzzy!
Try this before posting, n00b.
joanveso
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2013 July 05, 04:27:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I put the fix but the island paradise does not open and says that I have to upgrade my version but already updated to 155 and not read my mods or my overrides folder help me, not a lot of technology but I love the sims Cry
Slymenstra
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2013 July 05, 10:03:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is reported in Crinrict's bug thread in the Sims 3 forums http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/686687.page  It is under sound issues. I haven't seen it being talked about the way other bugs have been talked about, but we aren't the only ones. I don't know if you can call it an awesome mod problem.

Has anyone made a mod or something to just disable the jet skis for now? I tried finding everyone who has one and deleting the item, but people just buy another one.

My one world had the issue and it went away after deleting as many jet skis as I could and deleting all the wall mounted speakers. My Isla Paradiso still has the issue come up and it does not go away.

I saw a Sim riding a speed boat down the street. It even has collision detection and flies up into the yards to get out of the way of the cars.

We just need someone to make the boats and jet skis not able to go on roads or for now to just make them not to be autonomously bought by inactives to see if that is the issue.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: