More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 00:34:54

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Items refuse to install
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Items refuse to install  (Read 7122 times)
Rubyelf
Feckless Fool

Fiddlesticks!

View Profile
Items refuse to install
« on: 2013 June 28, 03:58:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So I downloaded a bunch of the objects that were on the store thread, but they refuse to install. Whenever I try to install them from the launcher I get a black screen, and a non responsive.

I've never had a problem installing objects via the launcher before this current expansion pack.

Also I've noticed that my version says 1.54.95.022002 on the launcher.

Edit: I decided to test to see what would happen if I temporarily moved my DCCache folder, and it let me install them successfully without a problem.
« Last Edit: 2013 June 28, 04:09:47 by Rubyelf » Logged

High Distinctions for Forensic Analytical Science? CHECK! Honours? CHECK! Scholarship for PHD after completing my Majors? CHECK!
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
Re: Items refuse to install
« Reply #1 on: 2013 June 28, 05:13:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

With the latest patch the launcher does take a lot longer to load up the first time. You should try FULLY patching first, then open the launcher, instal what you're trying to install and wait for it to do it's thing.

On a completely different side note, Chrome is insisting I correct "a lot" to "alot". What is this I don't even.

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
Rubyelf
Feckless Fool

Fiddlesticks!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2013 June 28, 05:31:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

With the latest patch the launcher does take a lot longer to load up the first time. You should try FULLY patching first, then open the launcher, instal what you're trying to install and wait for it to do it's thing.

On a completely different side note, Chrome is insisting I correct "a lot" to "alot". What is this I don't even.

Well when I installed IP it automatically updated, and according to the launcher the game is fully up to date. I had reinstalled the game from scratch only backing up my neighbourhood and mods folder, but I took the mods folder out for now as some haven't been updated.

Now I've run into another issue, the game wont even load, I opened it with the TS3W.exe with NRAAS NoCD but it doesn't want to work, I get the same black screen and constant loading icon as I do when it's trying to install objects.

Would it hurt if I ran the patcher again?

Edit: Okay after I opened the launcher again it said the game was out of date, updating now to see if it makes a difference.

Edit 2: Updating didn't make a difference to the installation of objects from the launcher Sad they still refuse to install.
« Last Edit: 2013 June 28, 05:37:38 by Rubyelf » Logged

High Distinctions for Forensic Analytical Science? CHECK! Honours? CHECK! Scholarship for PHD after completing my Majors? CHECK!
Andygal
Deformed Freak
Nitwitted Nuisance

Now with new and improved avatar!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2013 June 28, 06:27:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You should be patching via the Superpatch rather then the launcher, the launcher patching is notoriously flaky.
Rubyelf
Feckless Fool

Fiddlesticks!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2013 June 28, 07:16:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You should be patching via the Superpatch rather then the launcher, the launcher patching is notoriously flaky.

I did that, I saw that it said it wasn't updated, but yah updating made no difference, I still can't install content, or load the game, feeling I may have to reinstall...again.

I finally managed to get it to load, but it wouldn't let me open up my worlds as it claimed that they were made with an expansion that has been uninstalled, which is not the case at all, so I have now just given into re-installing and probably having to start from scratch again.
« Last Edit: 2013 June 28, 08:12:35 by Rubyelf » Logged

Skoria_bay
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2013 June 28, 10:20:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I found that installing just the Base Game and the running the Super patch did the trick. And then reinstalling everything else. That way you know the game is up to date.

Pescado: I will THROW THEM IN A VAT OF BOILING SHARKS!
mustluvcatz: So, what good would a vat of boiling sharks do? I mean, wouldn't the sharks be dead?
Pescado: SILENCE!
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2013 June 28, 15:33:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you patched to 1.55 now? Sounds like you've got the same problem as me, with the black loading screens. What I have to do is first make sure the launcher isn't running via the task manager then load the launcher. Once that's up and running start the game. It does take a while for everything to load up but it does start up eventually.

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
Grimma
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2013 June 28, 16:36:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Alot is better than you at everything.

WARNING:PMs may be published if it contains butthurt or sporking which belong on the boards. And if I feel like it
Rubyelf
Feckless Fool

Fiddlesticks!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2013 June 29, 07:11:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you patched to 1.55 now? Sounds like you've got the same problem as me, with the black loading screens. What I have to do is first make sure the launcher isn't running via the task manager then load the launcher. Once that's up and running start the game. It does take a while for everything to load up but it does start up eventually.

I was yes, removing my TS3 folder from the My Documents fixed the loading issue, but then I put things back bit by bit and it worked fine, except the whole "you are missing an expansion" error. So I decided to try and use the original TS3 folder, and it never loaded, I left it for 20 minutes while I went and took a shower and it didn't load. Also left the download in an attempt to install it for almost 1 hour, so something got screwed. I've just re installed the entire thing after backing up the more important files (saves/mods/dccache).

SLIGHTLY annoying, but the dccache didn't backup right for some reason and refused to acknowledge any of the files being there, so I had to reinstall all my store stuff (pain in the arse).
However I've run into the reason I started this thread in the first place again, I got up to a certain part of the installing of the files, and BOOM hit a wall, it wont let me install anymore. I am not sure if it has anything to do with the .tmp files, but it seems it doesn't want to let me install anything anymore at all.
« Last Edit: 2013 June 29, 11:17:48 by Rubyelf » Logged

Skadi
Mushroom Girl
Senator

Spiderkiller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2013 June 30, 00:31:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you tried using CC Magic? It might get around the problem, since it empties the download folder and uses it's own cache.
It might let you work around the issue.

Andygal
Deformed Freak
Nitwitted Nuisance

Now with new and improved avatar!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2013 June 30, 08:33:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Alot is better than you at everything.

I love that alot, I really do. The alot is the best.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: