More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 17:28:23

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Piss and Moan about IP thread
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Piss and Moan about IP thread  (Read 52634 times)
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
Piss and Moan about IP thread
« on: 2013 June 24, 22:31:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't spend much time in buy/build but there seems to be next to nothing included in this EP. The other thing I noticed right away is that they again failed to add this EP's supernatural to the CAS picker thingy. What's the point of doing that if they're not going to use it.

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
NoShitSherlock
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Piss and Moan about IP thread
« Reply #1 on: 2013 June 24, 23:19:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm getting a fuckton of script errors in the new worls too, and I'm only using NRAAS mods now. The Scott family is totally broken as all the script errors are coming from them.
rum nate
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2013 June 25, 04:51:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I find the resorts a nice idea, but rather pointless. You can only go to resorts that are in your hometown. It ends up being more of a staycation than a vacation. And, you cannot have a resort lot in any of the World Adventures worlds.  Also, scuba diving. Maybe I didn't play around with it long enough, but in 8 sim hours of doing it, I found one chest and got mauled by a shark.

All in all, I'm finding this expansion rather boring. Decent idea, but horrible execution.
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2013 June 25, 04:56:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I find the resorts a nice idea, but rather pointless. You can only go to resorts that are in your hometown. It ends up being more of a staycation than a vacation. And, you cannot have a resort lot in any of the World Adventures worlds.  Also, scuba diving. Maybe I didn't play around with it long enough, but in 8 sim hours of doing it, I found one chest and got mauled by a shark.

All in all, I'm finding this expansion rather boring. Decent idea, but horrible execution.

Yea, scuba diving is pretty boring.

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
Andistyr
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2013 June 25, 05:55:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm playing Isla Paradiso and I've also noticed script errors with the Scott family.  How come all the script errors from them?
Zed Pee Em
Asinine Airhead

Zed Pee Em..What? He's Canadian. I'm sorry.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2013 June 25, 06:33:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They have a decent selection of clothing that I'm sure to get sick of and hide in the future anyways. And Life-guarding is boring. Who knew?  Roll Eyes

Oh Canada, the pipes, the pipes are calling...
Andistyr
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2013 June 25, 08:38:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I found out why the Scott family has a bunch of script errors.  I started a new game, clicked on their house, and their house disappeared and they were standing out in the middle of the ocean on the other side of the neighborhood.  Another house did the same thing.  I created a girl and moved her in the Happy House Boat (it's docked at Promising Port), and it disappeared and my girl was in the middle of the ocean on the other side of the neighborhood also.  I don't know why those two houses are doing that.  I saved a copy of both houses and moved the Scott family in another house.  I found out trying to move those two houses somewhere else made it so I couldn't click on anybody's house.  It was grayed out.  I guess those two houses are messed up.  Somebody with knowledge of such things will have to look into this.
NoShitSherlock
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2013 June 25, 08:55:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I put two windsurfing boards on the deck of the You're on a Boat houseboat, and they seem to have been eaten by the Kraken, as I can't find them. Never even got to use them either. Still waiting for a Shark mauling, and I cheated to get the friend of the Kraken LTR, and I cannot summon it on any boat I wish, like it claims.

I'm also getting a lot of unroutable sims in Isla Paradisio, in edition to the script errors with the Scotts, who eventually just disappeared from the world completely.

As someone pointed out, fantastic idea, extremely shitty exectuion. It's EA though, so should we ever expect them to release a game that's not broken? So glad I've never paid for any of this.
Eurotrash
Retardo Lander

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2013 June 25, 10:08:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeaaahhhhh... let's see:

The world, I don't see what's special about it apart from the fact that you need a boat to shop for groceries... Other than that it's full of dull sims with dull lives just like every other post-LN world. But at least the game doesn't run like crap on it.

The resort system is... well I actually haven't tried it but I can't really imagine what can be so great about it that's worth $50.

The boats are a rip-off. Apart from one or two fishing boats, a giant jetski and a shitty ass boat that passes along for a "speed boat" you don't get anything worth adding to your vehicle collection. No cigarette boats, no yachts, nothing. They work, sort-of, although I doubt they have much use anywhere other than on Isla Paradiso, not to mention the "boat parking space" or whatever is a pain in the ass to place anywhere, even on Isla Paradiso.

The house boats are... stupid. Who the fuck wants to live on a boat? Jesus Christ Maxis! Think! THINK!!

I haven't tried underwater exploration yet cause I can't find out how to learn the damn Scuba Diving skill.

As for the usual objects, clothing, etc... I think even UL added more stuff.

Biggest damn jetski I've ever seen:

ShortyBoo
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2013 June 25, 16:08:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't played yet (I'm waiting for AM to update before I patch or install IP) but I did read that you have to snorkel to build diving skill. I also read that one of the rabbit holes (Science building, I think) is supposed to offer diving classes.
specialtoffee
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2013 June 25, 16:39:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like the idea of houseboats, it's just a bit crap that they're all big square lumps with no effort to make them a bit more boat shaped.
Eurotrash
Retardo Lander

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2013 June 25, 20:06:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What do you call this then?

I believe the technical term is "bestiality".
gamegame
Dimwitted Dunce

MOTHER FATHER SON

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2013 June 26, 02:23:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My game lags horribly when there are any type of pets on screen. As in, the FPS drops a lot as long as there is one pet showing on the screen. This is with only no-cd mod and no cc content...any ideas why this is the case?
Andistyr
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2013 June 26, 02:33:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Finally know what's causing the script errors with the Scott family and making their houseboat, plus others disappear.  Twallan's Error Trap.  There is already a discussion at his site about it.  I took his Error Trap mod out, and left my game running for 30 minutes, and nothing disappeared. 
Slymenstra
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2013 June 26, 03:48:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This thread should be titled:"I am using outdated mods. I will come here and Piss and Moan about my stupidness."  NRAAS said he is working on the mods for IP. So far nothing has been cleared. Awesomemod - Not cleared.

I haven't updated to the latest patch & I have not installed IP yet. It sounds like it is buggy already without the need for outdated mods thrown in for fun.

Stop using outdated mods! You people cause your own grief.
RebelRed
The Evil Psycho
Feckless Fool

No fucks given

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2013 June 26, 04:03:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Fucking twits.  FFS INSTALL WITHOUT CONTENT AND MODS!!  I took all my downloads, mods, cc out and installed the patch and EP.  Everything runs fine.  You are doing it wrong! Diaf and Stfu!

meh.
Andistyr
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2013 June 26, 04:05:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, NRAAS did update his mods.  Error Trap is the one that's causing errors with the houseboats.  He did say Master Controller needs another update for University.  I only sent one sim to University and didn't have problems, but, I don't plan on sending anybody back at the moment.
Count
PA
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2013 June 26, 04:35:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, NRAAS did update his mods.

He updated them to be compatible with 1.55, not with IP.  He has explicitly stated that he needs to double-check that they work correctly with the actual expansion installed.  Check NRaas State of the Mod.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2013 June 26, 05:05:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is this new "IP" even distinct from 1.55? What is it, 1.56? Otherwise, the code should be exactly the same.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
specialtoffee
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2013 June 26, 08:50:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

edit: according to the patch downloader my game is still 1.55 with IP installed.

I like the idea of houseboats, it's just a bit crap that they're all big square lumps with no effort to make them a bit more boat shaped.

What do you call this then?

Looks like me being stupid combined with the prebuilt houseboats being hideous then.
« Last Edit: 2013 June 26, 08:56:55 by specialtoffee » Logged
NoShitSherlock
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2013 June 26, 13:44:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Fucking twits.  FFS INSTALL WITHOUT CONTENT AND MODS!!  I took all my downloads, mods, cc out and installed the patch and EP.  Everything runs fine.  You are doing it wrong! Diaf and Stfu!

Not quite true, as there's still some lag and routing issues even with the mods and CC removed, and with a new game generated.

But other than that, yes I'm a tard for assuming that the updates for 1.55 would still work once the EP was installed. Pretty much figured that out once everyone else complained of the same issues with the same mod.  Going back to lurk MOAR.
« Last Edit: 2013 June 26, 13:51:08 by NoShitSherlock » Logged
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2013 June 26, 14:47:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is this new "IP" even distinct from 1.55? What is it, 1.56? Otherwise, the code should be exactly the same.

From what I've read elsewhere Island Paradise is version 1.54 and you have to re-apply the patch after installing it...

Horseshit.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Eurotrash
Retardo Lander

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2013 June 26, 17:31:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

From what I've read elsewhere Island Paradise is version 1.54 and you have to re-apply the patch after installing it...

Horseshit.

Yeah, how can it be 1.54 if the updates are only applied to the base game after Generations, and 1.55 was released before Island Paradise?

All of you need to give EA some credit, they are good guys. Well not really... actually they aren't even neutral... hell saying they are evil is a catastrophic understatement, but most of the bugs, glitches and screw-ups that you fucknuts give them credit for are actually caused by the fact that you don't know how to install the damn game properly.

My game actually runs better after University Life, and it doesn't seem to have slowed down after Island Paradise, a contributing factor to that could be the fact that I'm not a moron.
HomeschooledByTards
Senator

warm n jiggly

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2013 June 26, 18:41:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not a moron.

Well, we all have our delusions.

[19:30] <sooze> YAY BFFs
[19:30] <sooze> Bestest Foes Forever
Eurotrash