More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 17:40:35

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Patch 1.55
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Patch 1.55  (Read 40084 times)
beansontoast
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Patch 1.55
« on: 2013 June 18, 17:56:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Launcher Updates

♦ The Launcher will now show the Base Game version number instead of the highest installed expansion or stuff pack.

Base Game Updates

♦ Added a new spiral staircase object.

♦ Added a new ladder object.

♦ Added a new modular arch object.

♦ Added a set of new Stilted Foundation objects.

♦ Lots can now be partially placed on water.

♦ Holding down the Alt key while dragging out a foundation will now make a single step height foundation.

♦ Sims can now purchase additional homes using the Real Estate system.

♦ Sims can now move to a new Town using the Phone or Computer.

♦ New Pool Blueprints have been added.

♦ Players will now have more control positioning their lot when importing a lot from the bin to a larger empty lot.

Ambitions Updates

♦ Fixed a crash that occurs when selling a Sculpting Station and sculpture then clicking the Undo button.

♦ Makeover Room UI for the Stylist Profession now shows the correct text for non-English territories.

Showtime Updates

♦ Games that are saved when paused will now correctly load paused.

♦ Online In game messages now have headers to explain who the comment came from and where it was directed.

Supernatural Updates

♦ Sims will no longer freeze when trying to Awaken Bonehilda on Bonehilda's Coffin.

♦ The Durasoft Rocking Chair now has correct functionality in Aurora Skies regardless of The Sims 3: Supernatural installation.

University Life Updates

♦ Sims can now ask their romantic interests to be roommates.

♦ The ‘Invite to be Roommate' social is now appropriately available only with The Sims 3: University Life installed.

♦ PlantSims downloaded from the exchange can now use their powers and have the appropriate needs.

♦ Love letters received at University are no longer converted into unusable bills when returning to home world.

♦ Skill gain speeds influenced by the Increased Understanding moodlet have been corrected and are no longer ‘insanely fast'.

♦ Photos taken from the smartphone while at University are now moved to the inventory upon returning to the home world.

♦ The Murphy Bed has been made less lethal.

♦ Sims in the Sports Agent career can now Negotiate Contracts without receiving any errors.

♦ Sims invited to graduation are no longer duplicated in the relationship panel.

♦ Roommates in the home world have been motivated and will now autonomously leave the house and go to work.

♦ Teens who have maximum influence with a social group will now get the appropriate career opportunity when they age up.

♦ Sims that skip class activities or lecture halls will no longer have their needs frozen.

♦ Children can no longer gain influence with social groups.

♦ Fixed a crash that would occur when installing store content while audio is playing.

♦ The ‘Keep Me Logged In' feature on the launcher has been fixed to work with the latest patch.

♦ The Art Appraiser and Sports Agent careers are no longer available through cheats without The Sims 3: University Life installed.

♦ Sims selecting the Education Career will now start at a higher career level if they have completed a degree from The Sims 3: University Life.

♦ Having a PlantSim in a household and then uninstalling The Sims 3: University Life will no longer cause some PlantSim features to remain.

♦ Care Packages will now correctly show up in the gifting tabs.

♦ All Sims attending a protest in a group now have access to Podium interactions and will all receive the appropriate moodlet when the Protest finishes.

♦ The Social Networking Skill statistic: ‘Total Simoleans Earned from Blog Donations and Buyouts' now updates correctly in the Skill Journal.

♦ When a Sim is en route to class in the University world, the corresponding tooltip now appropriately describes where they are going.

♦ Selling a Bowling Lane from the Family Inventory and then clicking the Undo button will now correctly remove the Bowling Lane object from the world.

♦ The wish "Play Sports at the Stadium" wish now fulfills correctly.

♦ Sims in the University world will no longer get the wish "Talk About new Job".

70s, 80s, & 90s Stuff

♦ 80's prom dress now appears under formal wear

Store Updates

♦ Users who have a large amount of Store content installed will no longer experience their content disappearing from the launcher

♦ Store Sets can now be purchased on the Main Menu.

Super
http://akamai.cdn.ea.com/eadownloads/u/f/sims/sims3/patches/TS3_1.55.4.0220xx_update.exe
Incrementals
Region 1
http://akamai.cdn.ea.com/eadownloads/u/f/sims/sims3/patches/Sims3_1.55.4.022001_from_1.50.56.021001.exe
Region 2
http://akamai.cdn.ea.com/eadownloads/u/f/sims/sims3/patches/Sims3_1.55.4.022002_from_1.50.56.021002.exe
Region 3
http://akamai.cdn.ea.com/eadownloads/u/f/sims/sims3/patches/Sims3_1.55.4.022003_from_1.50.56.021003.exe
Region 5
http://akamai.cdn.ea.com/eadownloads/u/f/sims/sims3/patches/Sims3_1.55.4.022005_from_1.50.56.021005.exe
Region 17
http://akamai.cdn.ea.com/eadownloads/u/f/sims/sims3/patches/Sims3_1.55.4.022017_from_1.50.56.021017.exe

Dr Liam Stupid
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Patch 1.55
« Reply #1 on: 2013 June 18, 22:15:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So what did it break this time?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2013 June 19, 02:14:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Damage level appears nearly expansion-grade, so the update will take a bit. Don't go rushing to install it yet.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Andygal
Deformed Freak
Nitwitted Nuisance

Now with new and improved avatar!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2013 June 19, 06:44:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I never install new patches until all my important mods are updated.
Turd Ferguson
Blathering Buffoon

Solving mysteries in a van

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2013 June 20, 01:24:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Skill gain speeds influenced by the Increased Understanding moodlet have been corrected and are no longer ‘insanely fast'.

"There's a deep-seated paranoia that Americans have about not being Americans or something." - Billy Joel

"The problem with this country is that old fucks vote. We got shit to do, old folks don't, the only thing they have to do is judge you and vote." - Doug Stanhope
gamegame
Dimwitted Dunce

MOTHER FATHER SON

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2013 June 24, 06:37:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So Games4theworld released the expansion...is it an untouched copy with separate folder for their cracks or already an tampered copy?
That Eighties Guy
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2013 June 24, 11:42:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wait, what the fuck? Some of these additions and changes actually look more than decent.
NoShitSherlock
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2013 June 24, 11:59:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So Games4theworld released the expansion...is it an untouched copy with separate folder for their cracks or already an tampered copy?

Cracks are separate. Just testing it out on my laptop before I install on my desktop. I'm running an i5, with 6GB RAM and a Radeon 6470M, with about a quarter of my 750GB drive full, and the game takes forever to load to the splash screen, even when it's the only thing running. Might wait for a Fairlight release to see if it's just an issue with the Games4theWorld copy, as my game wasn't as slow before install. I'm running with everything, including Katy Perry's shit pack (I want the furniture for a kid's room).
shocksphere
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2013 June 24, 13:21:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wait, what the fuck? Some of these additions and changes actually look more than decent.

Yes, it's bizarre. A solid update with new interesting features, many of which people have been wanting for a long time. (Moving to other towns.) Unlike other updates, which are simply an update of nothing much, but you have to wait either way for AwesomeMOD to be updated. However, it is worth waiting for this time, unlike any other time. I am surprised, because at this point I would expect less value while they push SiMMMORP4.

Therefore Evil Arts must be drunk and on drugs. How unprofessional!
Zed Pee Em
Asinine Airhead

Zed Pee Em..What? He's Canadian. I'm sorry.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2013 June 24, 16:51:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@NoShitSherlock I tried their version as well, game takes forever to load before even hitting the save game load screen. Had to force quit it. So there might be something with their version of the game.

Edit: Now installing stuff from the launcher takes forever...I tried uninstalling Island Paradise and rebooting my PC, but it is still taking too long to install stuff. Is this a patch issue? I had trouble installing the patch, had to re-download the cumulative one over and over again until it finally worked.
« Last Edit: 2013 June 24, 18:18:29 by Zed Pee Em » Logged

Oh Canada, the pipes, the pipes are calling...
beansontoast
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2013 June 24, 18:42:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The lengthy load times may be due to the shiny new .tmp files that you'll find in your dccache folder, a 'feature' of the new patch. Delete the .tmp files (they are duplicates of your .dbc files) and stay away from the launcher.  They will regenerate if you use the launcher.  In addition, check your SavedSims folder for a file called downloadedsims.index and delete that.
Zed Pee Em
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2013 June 24, 19:16:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also it can be due to me being an idiot and completely missing a mod. Once I removed said mod, the load times went back to normal for me.

I noticed those .tmp files and wondered if I could delete them.

You can delete downloadedsims.index? I thought that you couldn't? Shows what I know.

Eurotrash
Retardo Lander

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2013 June 24, 20:23:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

'Nuther 88 days, 'nuther shitty expansion...

Ah well, you'll buy it anyway.
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2013 June 24, 20:38:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Had some difficulties getting it to work but the torrent that's out now works. If I don't have the launcher open my game won't even start. I had to manually kill the launcher through the task manager then restart it; it took a while to load but it eventually came up. Once the launcher was ready the game started and loaded as normal. Only using NRAAS no cd at the moment.

After quitting the game and trying to restart it, it doesn't work. It automatically gives a black screen and nothing. Killing the sims with the task manager and trying again works. So something isn't quitting/closing right when closing the game. So the launcher has nothing to do with it.
« Last Edit: 2013 June 24, 22:27:10 by kissing_toast » Logged

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
NoShitSherlock
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2013 June 24, 21:44:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Eh, It's loading quicker now, I Also forgot to remove an outdated mod, as I never had the shiny .tmp files. A few crashes, as I had to go edit my graphics configuration files, because the game is no longer recognising my card. Trying with a fresh game now, and only NRAAS mods.

Love EA's attempt at being hip with the T-Pain/Lonely Island reference.
horf
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2013 June 24, 22:20:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To be honest I think this might be the worst patch yet; it's completely fucked up my custom content. Trying to manually fix it now but not having much luck so far. Definitely don't install it until AM have made their patch.
Eurotrash
Retardo Lander

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2013 June 25, 00:20:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To be honest I think this might be the worst patch yet; it's completely fucked up my custom content. Trying to manually fix it now but not having much luck so far. Definitely don't install it until AM have made their patch.

duh
Turd Ferguson
Blathering Buffoon

Solving mysteries in a van

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2013 June 25, 02:53:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I kinda jumped the gun and started playing with new patch, supplanting AM with some Nraas goodies. My impatience is costing me dearly however. One of the more annoying bugs i'm experiencing is that NPC Mixologists at bars and clubs just go dancing and playing darts, and any attempt at ordering from the bar kinda resets the sim ordering to a neutral spot nearby. Strangely though it does not affect the Mixologist For Hire over the phone.

"There's a deep-seated paranoia that Americans have about not being Americans or something." - Billy Joel

"The problem with this country is that old fucks vote. We got shit to do, old folks don't, the only thing they have to do is judge you and vote." - Doug Stanhope
Zed Pee Em
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: 2013 June 25, 06:31:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well the Arr'd version of IP that is out now was fine and now it's gotten so laggy I can't even play it. And NRaas mods keep throwing script errors at me, so I think that the patch 1.55 was fine, it's just arr'ing this early that is causing issues. And my sims still dance with the damn door. What is with that anyways?

daisylee
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2013 June 25, 10:16:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I kinda jumped the gun and started playing with new patch, supplanting AM with some Nraas goodies. My impatience is costing me dearly however. One of the more annoying bugs i'm experiencing is that NPC Mixologists at bars and clubs just go dancing and playing darts, and any attempt at ordering from the bar kinda resets the sim ordering to a neutral spot nearby. Strangely though it does not affect the Mixologist For Hire over the phone.

Sims resetting from the professional bars is a reported bug, and I have that too. If you/we replace the bars it fixes the issue supposedly.
freckles
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2013 June 25, 14:25:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After installing the new patch,the lag while playing the game is a pain in the arse.
KristineAnna
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2013 June 25, 20:51:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So if I already installed the patch and the EP my game won't work even if I update my AwesomeMod? Cause now it doesn't work anyway and I'm really hoping that the mod update will fix it..
Andygal
Deformed Freak
Nitwitted Nuisance

Now with new and improved avatar!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2013 June 25, 20:59:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

there is no version of Awesomemod compatible with 1.55 yet, which you would know if you paid attention to the revision date on the file.
Eurotrash
Retardo Lander

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2013 June 26, 00:38:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

there is no version of Awesomemod compatible with 1.55 yet, which you would know if you paid attention to the revision date on the file.

Would have been more fun to let them wonder why their game crashes on startup...

Oh well.
darksprings
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2013 June 26, 01:51:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I share my game with my grandson and 6 days ago, while I was at work, he patched the game to 1.55.  He has just moved in with me and hasn't been playing the game very long and didn't know the dangers.  Still, he insisted that his game was running fine. 
After he quit his game, I ran my awesomemod updater, just to be on the safe side, started the game, and built a test family.  I've been playing my test family and he has been playing his reg. hood for about a week now and we haven't had a single glitch.  I even check with "showconfig" that awesomemod is installed and running.

So, maybe some of these people who are doing all the complaining about glitches and lags, etc. should look somewhere beside the patch and the lack of an updated awesomemon for the source of their troubles.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: