More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 08:30:49

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Problem with a recent sims3pack
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Problem with a recent sims3pack  (Read 7741 times)
koxta
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Problem with a recent sims3pack
« on: 2013 June 02, 08:03:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi,

I have a problem with one of the sims3packs downloaded from these forums: The Duke of Bows Renaissance Faire. After the first installation, some objects appeared to be replaced in game by their default counterparts (such as archery ranges got replaced with treadmills). I had all necessary mods in place, so I was confused. I figured maybe my download was corrupted so I tried re-downloading the sims3pack from here again. Using the launcher, I uninstalled that pack and installed it again. This time, the installer showed a message that "This package is already installed". I run the game and try placing the lot. It seems that most of the objects that were supposed to be in that lot, are now completely gone. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the pack again, making sure that prior to the installation, The Duke of Bows Renaissance Faire does not appear anywhere in the installer.

Any ideas how to fix this?

Cheers!
Josette
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Problem with a recent sims3pack
« Reply #1 on: 2013 June 02, 11:39:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you have Dragon Valley?
koxta
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2013 June 03, 00:10:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes and it's working fine.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2013 June 03, 13:52:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you decrapify the sims3pack first, or just install it as-is and assume it would work?

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
virgali
Malodorous Moron

Do you see a midget Hitler?!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2013 June 03, 14:26:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Make sure your decrapping tools are up to date. Also, make sure you get an untouched sim3pack file and decrap it yourself. Use the one linked from TG's site don't use the one posted by "Thehacker". The file has already been decrappified.

Do you need someone to organize your sock drawer?
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2013 June 04, 13:08:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does it actually make a difference if we decrap it ourselves, or is that just considered a best practice in case it hasn't been done properly? I've been getting all my stuffs from torrents with pre-decrapped packages, and I don't think I've had any trouble so far.

HomeschooledByTards
Senator

warm n jiggly

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2013 June 04, 14:02:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

AFAIK, it's just best practice. I use previously decrapped Sims3Packs, so I can extract all the packages and use CCMagic to merge everything together (and delete shit I don't want, like HATS). No problems here.

[19:30] <sooze> YAY BFFs
[19:30] <sooze> Bestest Foes Forever
virgali
Malodorous Moron

Do you see a midget Hitler?!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2013 June 06, 14:41:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

From what I hear it's best to decrap worlds yourself since a lot of people seem to have problems with pre-decrapped versions. I just see it as something less to worry about during troubleshooting.

Do you need someone to organize your sock drawer?
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2013 June 07, 14:58:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's always best to only share vanilla files because Pescado could discover a bug that occurs with a current version of Compressor and upload a new version to correct it, but people could be sharing files decrapified with an older, buggy version.  Also, even though we're nearing the end of TS3, suppose EA suddenly wises up and does something on their end that prevents decrapified store files from loading.  MATY would probably find a new method to make store content work, but you'd most likely still end up having to track down and download replacements if you didn't have the vanilla files to work from.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: