More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 26, 08:35:43

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  I'm pretty sure my entire game is now destroyed in some way (Computer issues)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: I'm pretty sure my entire game is now destroyed in some way (Computer issues)  (Read 6369 times)
Desperation
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
I'm pretty sure my entire game is now destroyed in some way (Computer issues)
« on: 2013 May 30, 02:35:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Warning: Long and most likely very confusing.
First things first, I'm using a 2010 Macbook Pro (2.4 GHz, 4 GB) for the Sims 3. I know it's supposed to be awful, but I played the game about a year ago with no issues so I thought it would be just as successful this time. No such luck.
Mistake #1: Installing Sims 3 and 7 expansions, along with 2 GB of cc before even starting the game.
I obviously should have taken this more slowly, but what's done is done. I tried to load up the game, and it never loaded past the blue half-screen with the giant plumbob. The launcher worked fine.
I took out my mods folder and downloads, this time the game loaded up as usual, albiet slowly. I got into Sunset Valley. I quit the game to see if I could put my mods folder back in. Put it in, loaded it up, same thing happened as the first time I tried, only got the plumbob screen.
Mistake #2: I got desperate and saw a tutorial here on how to bypass the launcher. I followed the instructions exactly with the info.plist package. Biiiiig mistake. Tried to load up my game, got some sort of huge error message that the game was unable to load. I didn't get a screenshot of it. I changed the package back to the original state.
Mistake #3: For some reason, now when I click the Sims 3 icon to start the launcher, (explaining this will be rough) you know how a second icon comes up at the very end? Wel, now it just flashes for about 5 seconds, then disappears, loading nothing. http://i.imgur.com/qqRr56C.png Here's what I'm trying to explain. That little thing on the end is a small flashing plumbob, and it makes absolutely no sense.
Also, somewhat related, my uninstallation files are nowhere to be found.
If anyone knows of any solutions to these issues, that would be fantastic, because I'm completely at a loss.

tl;dr I cannot start a game that I also have no way to uninstall.
« Last Edit: 2013 May 30, 03:32:53 by Desperation » Logged
Salomon
Weeaboo Pee Fancier
Blathering Buffoon

Desperate yet?

View Profile
Re: I'm pretty sure my entire game is now destroyed in some way (Computer issues)
« Reply #1 on: 2013 May 30, 14:04:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try system restore.

You can manually remove registry entries to make your computer think that you never installed the game, and it's not recommended to rely on system restore to fix stuff, but seriously, sometimes it's that simple.

Wait, Macbook Pro, you say? Then try a Time Machine.

Sorry, I think you can still hold it a bit more...
Desperation
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Re: I'm pretty sure my entire game is now destroyed in some way (Computer issues)
« Reply #2 on: 2013 May 30, 15:51:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That sounds great, but turns out my mom (I just bought this computer from her) neglected to set up Time Machine. This is just getting better and getter.

[EDIT] Good news! Although I've changed no files and done absolutely nothing to solve the problem, the uninstaller has magically both reappeared and started to work. I'm just going to uninstall everything & start from scratch. Thanks for your help!
« Last Edit: 2013 May 30, 16:03:32 by Desperation » Logged
SendMeLies
Blathering Buffoon

See if I care.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2013 June 12, 22:36:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Being Captain Obvious: your problem is that you're trying to load the game with incompatible mods (duh!).
By your own description, the game is already bloated with NO mods installed, so you should reconsider what you want to play with.

Also: OS X and TS3 don't play well together since... Lion? Well, a long time ago.
You can always Bootcamp, though.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: