More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 21:10:47

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Pudding Factory
| | |-+  Pudding Plots
| | | |-+  Lot Challenge, May 2013, FOUNDATION
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Pick the three best houses!  (Voting closed: 2013 June 09, 06:11:30)
susscrofa - 316 Overlord Road - 2 (4%)
phoenixc - 55 Shin Hu Lane - 6 (12%)
phoenixc - 35 Bantoo Lane - 3 (6%)
witch - 3.14 Wormhole Road - 14 (28%)
phoenixc - 126 December 1 Street - 3 (6%)
michelou - 1 Creative Way - 1 (2%)
michelou - 2 Creative Way - 1 (2%)
phoenixc - 2656 Malibu Avenue - 4 (8%)
Morague - 72 Landgrabb Ave - 2 (4%)
rainkius - 642 Quite Horse Niche - 6 (12%)
Ellatrue - 10 Magnolia Lane - 8 (16%)
Total Voters: 21

Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Lot Challenge, May 2013, FOUNDATION  (Read 24136 times)
ReRybka
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Lot Challenge, May 2013, FOUNDATION
« on: 2013 May 10, 15:20:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Rules:

Lot sizes:
20x20, 25x20, 25x25, 30x20, 30x30, 35x25, 40x20 or 40x40
Length of challenge: Deadline is 12:01 am, June 1, 2013 in Kofistan time zone. Voting for the best house will take place for a week.
Winner: Will get a shiny graphic to put in their sig (thanks, jesslla!), and gets to start the next challenge.

Challenge: Build a house on a pre-made foundation. You may change the height of the foundation, add unsupported floor tiles, and/or build fences and half-walls that connect to the outside of the foundation. You may not add more foundation, delete any part of it, or build walls that connect to the outside of the foundation. You may but are not required to build walls along the full perimeter of the floor area atop the foundation.

Items that must be included: a bed, a toilet, a sink, a shower OR tub, a stove, a fridge, and a counter.

No custom content. Store stuff is OK to use.

No set colour schemes.

No budget limitations.

Focus on making your house INTERESTING and PLAYABLE.

NAME YOUR LOTS by using the "edit details" button. I will refer to them by name in the poll and any lots without an in-game street name will be disqualified. You may submit multiple entries. This contest is open to anyone, even 'dome residents.

You could either copy the foundation layout from the picture below OR download the original 20x20 lot. The first option gives you a choice of where to place the building on your lot, the latter is a bit easier.

Layout

Credits: jesslla, from whom I stole a large chunk of this text.

HomeschooledByTards
Senator

warm n jiggly

View Profile
Re: Lot Challenge, May 2013, FOUNDATION
« Reply #1 on: 2013 May 10, 16:33:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh noes, you thief!

This looks interesting, good challenge.

[19:30] <sooze> YAY BFFs
[19:30] <sooze> Bestest Foes Forever
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2013 May 10, 21:59:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm inspired by this shape. Can we rotate it? Does any one side have to be the front?

Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2013 May 10, 23:58:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm inspired by this shape. Can we rotate it? Does any one side have to be the front?

And, if we can rotate it (yes please), would we also be able to mirror it?

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
ReRybka
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2013 May 11, 04:29:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And, if we can rotate it (yes please), would we also be able to mirror it?

Rotating is okay , mirroring isn't.
phoenixc
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2013 May 11, 04:54:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

1.Seeing that is no budget limit, the house could be an apartments building ? (late night)

2.We can use split level?

3.The wall must be around all foundation or we can use part of foundation like external place (terrace) ?

4.If we build 2-3 floors, we can cover the internal space 6x6 with tiles floor(on second or 3rd floor)? or must remain an open space?
(sorry for to many questions, but the challenge it seems so nonrestrictive)

I think the roof will be a real challenge...
« Last Edit: 2013 May 11, 05:43:22 by phoenixc » Logged

The words are the soul image
ReRybka
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2013 May 11, 06:58:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

the house could be an apartments building ?
Yes, I don't see why not.

We can use split level?
Yes, but you can't build walls that connect to the outside of the foundation, or substitute foundation walls with real walls.

The wall must be around all foundation
No. (That's what I tried to explain under "you may but you are not required to" but reading that sentence again I realise it isn't super clear.)

or we can use part of foundation like external place (terrace) ?
Yes.

If we build 2-3 floors, we can cover the internal space 6x6 with tiles floor(on second or 3rd floor)?
Yes, you may add unsupported floor tiles. That goes for anywhere.
michelou
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2013 May 11, 19:20:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, I have never tried a building challenge before, so, I have to ask, is porch considered foundation? Like, if I wanted to add a porch in addition to the foundation, used exclusively as outdoor space? I'm just trying to clarify before I get too far done and then realize I have to tear down or start over.
ReRybka
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2013 May 11, 20:05:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

is porch considered foundation?
Yes, if it's made with the foundation tool.

What you see in the picture is foundation, placed with the foundation tool. You mustn't add to or delete any part of that foundation, for any reason. If you want a porch you can either build it on top of the pre-made foundation or make creative use of the conditions listed under "you may." Does that make sense?
Skadi
Mushroom Girl
Senator

Spiderkiller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2013 May 15, 09:02:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are there any extra arbitrary goals? Starter priced, number of floors / bedrooms? I'm starting this now and wondering if there will be some extra internet points on offer.  Grin

ReRybka
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2013 May 15, 14:08:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are there any extra arbitrary goals? Starter priced, number of floors / bedrooms? I'm starting this now and wondering if there will be some extra internet points on offer.  Grin

No, no extra internet points this round. Mostly it's because I suspect people will vote for the house they like the most, whether it meets the extra goals or not, but also because I don't want to hamper people's creativity too much. Although there's nothing wrong with a house that looks like a house (incidentally, I'm working on one of those myself), I'd love to see some more innovative creations as well. Just make it sit on top of that foundation, that's all I'm asking.
susscrofa
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2013 May 19, 03:03:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here, take this. I am tired of looking at it.

316 Overlord Road

Thinking of becoming an evil mastermind, but your current sphere of influence is sadly lacking in good volcanoes? A villain is nothing without a lair! Fret not, your nastyship, we have you covered.

This unassuming two-story home is just suburban enough to blend in to almost any neighborhood, with just the right amount of 'simulated neglect' to warn off door-to-door solicitors.

Once passing through your pleasing and well-defended entry, your vic--er, guests, will find themselves in a lovely marbled hall designed to instill the proper level of Respect.

Your Audience Chamber is big enough to get things done, and soundproofed for your privacy and convenience, and is supported by your own personal "hobby room".

The first floor also includes the kitchens, and a lovely hallway and entertainment area.

On the second floor you have your personal bedchamber, with private bathroom and fireplace. There are also dormitories for your minions and a fully modern gymnasium so the grunts can keep in tip-top shape!

Fully furnished our 'starter lair' prices in at about $90,000 (wanded), which is much cheaper and more comfortable than attempting to dynamite out a cavern system! It sits on a 30x30 lot, with some room for expansion.

Not playtested. Probably all EPs.
phoenixc
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2013 May 19, 08:35:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My first attempt:

55 Shin Hu Lane

Lot size 35x25
Price furnished 170928
Price unfurnished 79200

The home is a Asian house that has a zen garden inside and a zen garden outside. Places for a good meditation.

Link for download: http://www.4shared.com/rar/EJdsNyfu/55_Shin_Hu_Lane.html

michelou
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2013 May 19, 20:56:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I've got some questions, if anyone would be kind enough to help. Quite frankly, I have no idea on how to get the screenshots I took of my creations into my darn post and be useful. I stupidly don't even know what to ask google, so I am throwing myself on the mercy of this thread and am asking for help.

I have tried uploading my screenshots to imageshack, but, they come out too small to see any detail in my post. I know that people can be ripped apart on this forum for asking stupid questions, and I realize I should be able to do this, but again, frankly, I have a cornucopia of medical problems and medications that have destroyed my memory and ability to concentrate. So, I guess I'm asking for a little hand holding.

Please?

HomeschooledByTards
Senator

warm n jiggly

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2013 May 19, 21:23:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To post a picture you need the link to the picture itself, not the thumbnail or anything other than the picture. Most sites will have options on what link you need to copy. For example Photobucket has three options to choose from, direct link, HTML, and IMG.

The direct link will look like this:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v246/jesslla/Cats/Sandy/DSC_0002-13_zpsa4788689.jpg

Pasting the direct link will create a link to the picture, but won't display the picture.

The IMG link (on photobucket) will look like this (without spaces):

[ URL=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/jesslla/media/Cats/Sandy/DSC_0002-13_zpsa4788689.jpg.html ][ IMG ]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v246/jesslla/Cats/Sandy/DSC_0002-13_zpsa4788689.jpg[ /IMG ][ /URL ]

The IMG tag has all the information you need to post a picture here on the forum. It may also be called BBCODE on some sites. Photobucket's IMG link also creates a link to the page in my album for people to click on.

The direcct link needs the IMG tag wrapped around it.

The easiest way to wrap the IMG tag around an image is to paste the direct link, highlight the whole link and nothing but the link, and then hit the second button on the left side of the second row of buttons you see when you're replying to a post. If you look close it looks like a picture, and if you hover over it it says "Insert Picture".

You will never need the HTML link on this site. HTML code is ignored here.

If you need further help I can illustrate with pictures. I can't give imageshack help, because I don't use the site. Surely someone here does though.

[19:30] <sooze> YAY BFFs
[19:30] <sooze> Bestest Foes Forever
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2013 May 19, 22:42:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hate me atm.

1. 55 Shin Hu Lane is gorgeous.
2. I had my game in windowed mode for picture taking and shut it down with the x because I wasn't thinking.

I'll submit my pitiful offering once I've rebuilt it from my pictures.

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
phoenixc
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2013 May 20, 06:01:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I've got some questions, if anyone would be kind enough to help. Quite frankly, I have no idea on how to get the screenshots I took of my creations into my darn post and be useful. I stupidly don't even know what to ask google, so I am throwing myself on the mercy of this thread and am asking for help.

I have tried uploading my screenshots to imageshack, but, they come out too small to see any detail in my post. I know that people can be ripped apart on this forum for asking stupid questions, and I realize I should be able to do this, but again, frankly, I have a cornucopia of medical problems and medications that have destroyed my memory and ability to concentrate. So, I guess I'm asking for a little hand holding.

Please?                                              

On the right of image click on the first small icon (Share it) named "i". It will open a new windows. Copy all inside the box named "Forums". (it start with IMG...). Paste what you copied on your post.

« Last Edit: 2013 May 20, 06:36:42 by phoenixc » Logged

Skadi
Mushroom Girl
Senator

Spiderkiller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: 2013 May 20, 08:07:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Imgur is easier to use. I <3 me some Imgur.

phoenixc
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2013 May 20, 14:21:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am not yet decided whether to be: a missionaries house or a home for non profit organizations.
It is located somewhere at the end of the Earth (if there is such thing)
Furnished summary and inexpensive. But the House benefits from an oasis of greenery in a semi-desert land.

35 Bantoo Lane

Lot size 35x25
Price furnished 64652
Price unfurnished 39955

Link for download http://www.4shared.com/rar/bmdjGcbY/35_Bantoo_Lane.html

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2013 May 21, 11:38:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I decided that if Eaxis could have square houseboats, then I could have a square spaceship. So I've built a mining ship module that can be landed on planets and then picked up later by the mothership. Currently the module is parked at 3.14 Wormhole Road, on a 25x25 lot. It is §148,749 furnished and §53,333 unfurnished.

I've used the central area as the fuel mine and added some special effects. I got to use all the spacey furniture and replicators and teleporters and wallpapers and stuff. I also got to play with the lights again, so I am happy.

The house has an airlock at each entrance to allow the homecoming alien sim to blow off the smells of the day and refresh their nasal palates. You may notice strips across many of the doors that release needed gases and also just a smidgen of perfume.

So without further ado:

The lava pit at the centre of it all.

If you want to get rid of the smoke and keep some of the other effects, just look for the fog emitter putting out the smoke.

I was looking for the mailbox inventory, to clean it out before packaging the lot, when I noticed I could trigger an alien visitation. I quickly replaced the caretaker couple with Lillibao Xoxxaw and Arkvoodle Pha'Lhaxalic, and the moment they met red hearts twirled all around them. So they're saved in the house, having just met for the first time. I haven't heard the alien voices before, they're really cute!

Download

Empty mining module as sims3pack

Empty mining module as a package
Aliens in mining module as a sims3pack
Aliens in mining module as a package
Aliens on their own, no lot, sims3pack
Aliens on their own, no lot, package

Don't know if the package with the aliens in the lot will work. Don't know if the packages will work at all and where they should go if they do. The mods or the library folder seem like good candidates.

P.S. The mailbox never did get cleaned out, so you might want to do that.
« Last Edit: 2013 May 21, 12:38:54 by witch » Logged

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
pepsihamster
Asinine Airhead

Jummy, mhmm!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2013 May 21, 12:32:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ha, ha, ha, this is SO Cool - including the description and all! LOVE IT. Me wants it, but which EPs are needed to get everything to show up as put forth in your offerings?
This will be the perfect lot for my future Lunar Lakes world. Yay!
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2013 May 21, 12:43:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No idea, I have all EPs.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
phoenixc
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2013 May 21, 13:56:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm glad that others have started to display their creations.

126 December 1 street

Link download: http://www.4shared.com/rar/BNvBPauu/126_December_1_street.html

Lot size 25x35
Price furnished 193120
Price unfurnished 86896
(I have all EP and SP and all the EA store worlds and premium content).

It is home to a larger family. The family loves plants and flowers.
Strange architecture? The family has bought an old house and began making improvements for extension and comfort.
Not everyone can go to exotic countries, so they have built a greenhouse with exotic plants.

phoenixc
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2013 May 26, 05:19:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What happens with you folks? It is a competition so exciting ... They stayed only a few days… Come On!!!!

Crystalline
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2013 May 26, 14:23:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ain't nobody got time for that.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: