More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 01:45:28

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  .Sims3Pack: Installation failed
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: .Sims3Pack: Installation failed  (Read 8567 times)
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
.Sims3Pack: Installation failed
« on: 2013 May 09, 22:12:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, I recently went on a downloading spree, and found I could not install about 5 sims3pack items through the launcher. It gives me this error message: "[filename].Sims3Pack: Installation failed. Please make sure your game has the latest software updates and try again."

My game is up to date. I installed patch 1.50 with the superpatcher before installing the sims3packs.

I've done a search here without any luck. The closest thing I found involved installing decrapped store content, but these items are not from the store, they were created by other players. All the other relevant posts seem to be flame wars. Rather one-sided ones. Tongue I was really excited about one of the new world downloads--it figures the sims3pack I wanted most would fail.

Is this a known problem? If it requires a work-around, what would the best method be for doing that?

Link to one of the problem files: http://www.bakasims.com/index.php/worlds/temperate-and-cold/17-fharhond-glacier-pets-edition

Slymenstra
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Re: .Sims3Pack: Installation failed
« Reply #1 on: 2013 May 10, 04:34:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you try to decrap the files even though they are not store content?

I can't remember if I have had a non-store item say that. I am sorry I am not much help. I would try decrapping if you haven't.
Nienor
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2013 May 10, 07:33:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've occasionally had such trouble with files that should have worked, such as store files that I verified beyond any doubt were decrapified, that worked correctly for other people who tried to install them, and that were in batches with others that worked for me. However, I was able to install the world you linked without trouble.

As for installing worlds without the launcher: This worked for me.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2013 May 10, 13:34:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try using the MTS patch tool to see if there are any patches you missed.  EA's super patches are notoriously sketchy and unreliable.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2013 May 10, 21:27:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you try to decrap the files even though they are not store content?

I can't remember if I have had a non-store item say that. I am sorry I am not much help. I would try decrapping if you haven't.

I think I've solved the problem, sort of. I actually did decrap the world before installing it, and I did it again when I redownloaded it in case it had gotten corrupted or something. This time I tried again with the non-decrapped version, and that worked. The description of the world says the only EA content is a couple of paintings, so it's no huge loss, but I wonder why that happened?  I was just decrapping everything in case some of it contained store content. Are we not supposed to do that?

I'm going to try it with the rest of the files and see if the same thing happens.

[ETA: Yep. At least with the houses I decrapified, it seems to have solved the problem to install the non-decrapped versions. I haven't tried it on a few doors and plants I got from TSR because I decided I don't need them enough to redownload them anyway, although I wonder why I would have decrapped them in the first place.]
« Last Edit: 2013 May 10, 22:04:43 by Ellatrue » Logged

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: