More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 11:06:56

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  No Baby Harassment
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: No Baby Harassment  (Read 31520 times)
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: No Baby Harassment
« Reply #25 on: 2005 December 08, 20:33:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After my NL-induced reinstall I started playing with the no family size limit hack & so far got up to 11 sims on one lot...not much compared to Brynne & Bangelnuts, but feels like a ton of people to me! I'm not sure if its the nice huge house I have them in or the fact that all my graphics settings are on high, but moving the camera around is often a sluggish exercise at best. My PC is way above min spec (3GHz processor, 2GB ram, nVidia 6800 ultra vid card), but I guess I should consider changing some graphics settings to medium instead. Any thoughts on which settings would have the least noticeable effect while still speeding up my game?
I dunno My specs are lower than that and  Im not having slow down problems and my settings are on hiigh except for video which is on low  and I have neighborhood decorations off I have a 2.4 GHZ processor and a 1GB of RAM

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2005 December 08, 20:37:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you clear my red and pink heart flags for Jamie? I'll keep making moves on him if you don't! And beware the freakin' mistletoe!!!
yes I checked the hearts and neither of you has pink or red heart Flags for each other just 3 bolt chemistry. which Justin has with Rainbow but he doesnt make moves on Rainbow. the only thing you and Jamie share is Friendship!  and I dont have a single xmas decoratin in the house and definitely no Mistletoe!

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2005 December 08, 20:48:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmmm...I don't know why that would happen, then. If there are no romantic flags, I mean. My sim Val has 3 bolts with almost every member of Justin's family (poor poor me LOL) and I've yet to act autonomously like that. Your Justin and Rainbow must be very different from mine. Family and Romance sim combos usually don't produce 3 bolts! And Rainbow is Cancer which is "repelled" by Gemini. My Justin got one lightening bolt for Rainbow once I switched him to Pleasure, but before then they had the crossed out lightening bolt.
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2005 December 08, 20:51:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd hate to see gali with 30 sims on a lot.

I couldn't take looking at that many multilated sims at once.

Andygal, stay calm...Smiley. Number 6  - I faint.  Number 8 - I just die...Smiley.
idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2005 December 08, 20:54:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After my NL-induced reinstall I started playing with the no family size limit hack & so far got up to 11 sims on one lot...not much compared to Brynne & Bangelnuts, but feels like a ton of people to me! I'm not sure if its the nice huge house I have them in or the fact that all my graphics settings are on high, but moving the camera around is often a sluggish exercise at best. My PC is way above min spec (3GHz processor, 2GB ram, nVidia 6800 ultra vid card), but I guess I should consider changing some graphics settings to medium instead. Any thoughts on which settings would have the least noticeable effect while still speeding up my game?

I think part of it prolly has to do w/ the packed-ness of the lot. My one huge house, w/ tons of CC and tons of embellishments and deco and aesthetic "clutter", is noticeably slower than my other huge house, which was made by Maxis (you know, that villa-ish house next to the river in Pleasantview?), even though the villa-ish house is, I think, a bit bigger. I dunno if that's the whole story in your case, though.

But I couldn't play w/ all these sims. Once the number goes up to about 6, I get frustrated. I'm way too much of a micromanager to play w/ so many sims.
Ms.Perception
Pinheaded Pissant

From me to you.

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2005 December 08, 20:57:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried playing with 10 once and couldn't deal. The whole household was in chaos. I don't know how Bangelnuts and Byrnne manage with all those sims. I now feel like an inferior simmer.  Wink One day I'll try again, and avoid hiring a nanny. That seems to be where I go wrong.

Do you even need one of these when you don't actually post?
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2005 December 08, 21:06:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmmm...I don't know why that would happen, then. If there are no romantic flags, I mean. My sim Val has 3 bolts with almost every member of Justin's family (poor poor me LOL) and I've yet to act autonomously like that. Your Justin and Rainbow must be very different from mine. Family and Romance sim combos usually don't produce 3 bolts! And Rainbow is Cancer which is "repelled" by Gemini. My Justin got one lightening bolt for Rainbow once I switched him to Pleasure, but before then they had the crossed out lightening bolt.
I have No clue why the autonomous actions are occurring. Justin is a Gemini in My Game and a Romance Sim.Rainbow is a Popularity Sim and Pisces in My Game..odd things like this have been occurring for the last couple of Days in my game.Joe had a Dream Date with Kaylynn and every time he went to flirt or whatever else during the Date Tiffany and Lexie  would Start crying and Justin would throw a fit.Joe is single in My Game and other than being in love with half the neighborhood  he isnt attached or committed to any other Sim

jennydeenyc
Exasperating Eyesore

what're YOU lookin' at?

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2005 December 08, 21:08:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Perhaps the packaged-ness of the lot is an issue, but the sheer huge volume of custom content I have in my Downloads folder may be part of the problem as well. I have thousands and thousands of files in there, and even the idea of going through everything to pare it down makes my brain hurt!  Shocked
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2005 December 08, 21:11:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

[ Justin is a Gemini in My Game and a Romance Sim.Rainbow is a Popularity Sim and Pisces in My Game

Ah, okay. I modeled my rainbow after the specs she gave me for herself. Family and Cancer.
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2005 December 08, 21:12:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Perhaps the packaged-ness of the lot is an issue, but the sheer huge volume of custom content I have in my Downloads folder may be part of the problem as well. I have thousands and thousands of files in there, and even the idea of going through everything to pare it down makes my brain hurt!  Shocked
My DL Folder  is 1.03 GB in size and thats after paring it down.

Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2005 December 08, 21:14:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

[ Justin is a Gemini in My Game and a Romance Sim.Rainbow is a Popularity Sim and Pisces in My Game

Ah, okay. I modeled my rainbow after the specs she gave me for herself. Family and Cancer.
she forgot to give those specs .but then again Justin has at least 1 bolt for every female he knows except his daughters and 2 is his average

Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2005 December 08, 21:16:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Justin has at least 1 bolt for every female he knows except his daughters

Well, ew. I would hope that's the case, lol.
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2005 December 08, 21:19:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Justin has at least 1 bolt for every female he knows except his daughters

Well, ew. I would hope that's the case, lol.
he even has 2 bolts for his Daughter in Law Dayna that he barely Knows

Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2005 December 08, 21:43:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, he is a likeable enough fella...
jennydeenyc
Exasperating Eyesore

what're YOU lookin' at?

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2005 December 08, 22:21:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heh, I just checked & my Downloads folder is 2.07GB containing 7,722 files  Cheesy

Guess I have some culling in my future after all!
Countess
MsMaria
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2005 December 08, 22:48:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mine is 2.88GB. Good grief, I need help Lips sealed

Brynne, you have the prettiest sims. I really need to sign up at your place soon and "borrow" a couple of them Cheesy

Odi et amo. quare id faciam, fortasse requiris?<br />Nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.
Riwa
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2005 December 09, 00:04:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mock me at will; I just want to put in a vote for updating this mod for NL.

I so agree! 

One of my sim families has a toddler and 4 babies.  The wife got pregnant the old-fashioned way, the husband was abducted, and they both had sets of twins.  I've been putting off playing that particular house until this gets made NL-friendly.

Please?
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2005 December 09, 01:07:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mock me at will; I just want to put in a vote for updating this mod for NL.

I so agree! 

One of my sim families has a toddler and 4 babies.  The wife got pregnant the old-fashioned way, the husband was abducted, and they both had sets of twins.  I've been putting off playing that particular house until this gets made NL-friendly.

Please?
we all want that Mod Back especially those of us with large families or overstuffed lots

Swiftgold
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2005 December 09, 01:31:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As I've had a glut of twins lately - no idea WHY, but my last five births (non-hack, natural Try or Risky conception) have been twins and I'm getting a bit tired of it - I just put the noharrassment back in, as I just couldn't stand them mobbing the kids when they're fine in their cribs! Apart from not being able to talk to the toddlers (so of course everyone rolls up wants to talk and be talked to) and not directly pick them up - it's working okay. Still, I'd love an updated version.
LynnMar
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2005 December 09, 05:07:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

my download folder is 3.46 and I just cleaned it out.   Grin

Gosh, I couldn't handle that many babies at once.   I just started using the quads and triplet mod and so far all I have had the courage to use is tripletts and that is a circus.    Cheesy
idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2005 December 09, 05:45:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As I've had a glut of twins lately - no idea WHY, but my last five births (non-hack, natural Try or Risky conception) have been twins and I'm getting a bit tired of it - I just put the noharrassment back in, as I just couldn't stand them mobbing the kids when they're fine in their cribs! Apart from not being able to talk to the toddlers (so of course everyone rolls up wants to talk and be talked to) and not directly pick them up - it's working okay. Still, I'd love an updated version.

So that's the culprit. And here I was thinking that the poor kid's daddy didn't like him enough. They can still pick them up though in my game, I think...
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2005 December 09, 06:27:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Brynne, you have the prettiest sims. I really need to sign up at your place soon and "borrow" a couple of them Cheesy

You really do need to sign up. I even sent you a personal invitation, IIRC... Wink
Swiftgold
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2005 December 09, 08:56:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

my download folder is 3.46 and I just cleaned it out.   Grin

Gosh, I couldn't handle that many babies at once.   I just started using the quads and triplet mod and so far all I have had the courage to use is tripletts and that is a circus.    Cheesy

Yeah, I used that for a while, had a couple sets of twins and one of triplets, and I decided I'd rather have the totally unexpectedness of natural twins - I've never really had a problem getting them, unlike some I've seen complaints from. So I take it out and what happens - all twins in a row. The only single ones I had were started with the Insiminator so they never had a chance to be twins anyway. Thankfully it's been broken with a single on the way but I have to wonder if it's chance like the long runs of only boys and only girls is, or something that's hidden.
Swiftgold
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2005 December 09, 08:59:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So that's the culprit. And here I was thinking that the poor kid's daddy didn't like him enough. They can still pick them up though in my game, I think...

Yeah, you can get them to pick them up using objects like the highchair or the crib, but I've also noticed that with the old version of the noharrassment in, they just ignore the kids almost entirely. They'll let them out after they've woken up, autonomously, but I haven't seen anyone feed the babies autonomously. Which I suppose is the point, but it also means I have to remember to make them do it at all so the kids aren't taken away...
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2005 December 09, 11:08:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I never had a problem with that in my game Iused it mostly for new borns which parents cant seem to leave alone when they dont have any needs ie social,fun,hunger,hygiene are all in superb shape. I use insimenztor to make my newborns selectable so I can keep an eye on their needs. I find my self constantly canceling out the parents incessant need to feed a baby that is already full.my last five births were a set of tins and 4 singles. I have 7 sims pregnant and of the 7 two will deliver twins one of those already has a set of twins the other had a single baby with her first husband

Yeah, you can get them to pick them up using objects like the highchair or the crib, but I've also noticed that with the old version of the noharrassment in, they just ignore the kids almost entirely. They'll let them out after they've woken up, autonomously, but I haven't seen anyone feed the babies autonomously. Which I suppose is the point, but it also means I have to remember to make them do it at all so the kids aren't taken away...

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: